Moving The Goalposts - And Confessions of A Foodoholic !

charley24

Silver Member
Ok well since getting to my goal of BMI 25 last Wednesday it has all gone a bit wrong.

I haven't eaten loads, but trying to eat immediately puts on weight for me..........and I know I am a scale hopper.

I have got quite down about this, thus turning to food and have been a little naughty.

By no means have I eaten more that say 1000 calories per day, but the pounds have appeared on the scales.

So, I have decided with 7 days to go to my holidays, to SS for the rest of the week and see how things go.

I have changed my goal to 10.7 as there is no leeway with 11 stone............by leeway I mean I step on the scales and if it is a pound more - that means I am classified as overweight again..............it's like emotionally killing me !

I am going to change my weigh in to this Friday, meaning when I get back from hols next Thursday, I can jump on the wagon straight away, assess the damage and then SS, because if not I fear I will be in 'eating mode' and just continue to eat.

God, this is such a hard post as people think I have done so well to get to goal, not realising that this is the hardest part, actually staying a normal weight.

So, I really could do with some good luck and help along the way (maybe even more than before).

I just don't know at the moment how I will manage a life without CD, and feel that I am quite a weak person, I suppose it doesn't help my CDC is away and has lost her mobile so I can't ring her or email to ask for help.

I went out last night and had a few drinks (3) and a little buffet and the scales show 3lb on !!!!!!!!!!!! (I know I know, it;s only water but it stinks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sorry for the rant I am just feeling low and depressed tonight about everything and can only talk to you about it (hubby is away)................help!

Good luck Charley!! You know that you can do it!! You have done so well and you are such an inspiration!!!!!!!! x x

I believe you are very right when you say that the hardest part is keeping slim, in comparison to losing weight (although I am not diminishing how challenging it can be).
Good Luck with your maintenance, you have done very well and I hope that you will fully succeed in remaining a trim and healthy person from now on.

:)

Babe, you'll be ok ;)

You look stunning right now and WILL stay that way I know you will

Have your holiday enjoy it and return headstrong again

X

I just don't know at the moment how I will manage a life without CD, and feel that I am quite a weak person

I know what you mean - SS is, in a way, a safety net that I want to let go of but it's hard to try to get your head around the 'eating normally' thing as my idea of eating normally made me overweight in the first place. I don't want to ricochet between overeating and then reining it back in with a few weeks of SS again which would be tempting to do. At the moment, it feels like walking on a knife edge that can easily be slipped off. I feel weak too :confused:

sweetie stop stressing!
What you've done is NORMAL!
When you get to a weight that is good for you...mentally and physically, you will have fluctuations! The key to learning now, is to not panic if you have been on plan as it wont be fat your putting on! This weekend i have eaten chocolate, sweets, a doughnut, cooked english breakfast etc and do you know what? It doesnt make me a failure...it makes me a human being! Becuase it wasnt just me eating like that, it was everyone! And no doubt everyone will be back into their normal eat habits first thing tomorrow morning!
Make sure you write down what your eating on a daily basis for a bit hun to keep and eye on it, and then take it from there....but dont beat yourself up over it all!
The easy bit is over hun, and yes, i have no doubt that maintenance is hard work, but my goodness hun, we WILL crack it with the same grit and determination that we used to SS!
I think its a good decision changing your goal weight...i dont like the idea of hovering into overweight just becuase i have a period, or even a chocolate! I would like to be able to stay under BMI25 now no matter what.

You cant let this sort of stress get to you as it will make you over analyse everything!

have you read some of the diaries in maintenance? They are fully of some super hints for living your life long term and not piling on the pounds and i have already learned so much!

You ARE inspirational hun and you ARE amazing!

I will PM my mobile number over to you hun and you can text me whenever you have an emotional wobble over food!

Your fabulous and never let yourself think otherwise!!!

xxxx

Caught out again with my nocturnal posting, can't sleep as I rested too much during the day.
Am I the first to notice the new very glamourous photo of LizzMB - I know my mind can get a bit confused in the wee hours, but I am fairly sure its new.
Looking lovely indeed Lizz!

Hugs Charley,

Don't beat yourself up. You're just being honest and expressing what most of us feel, and will most certainly experience in the future. I am so scared that i will screw this up and return to old habits, but hopefully that will also help me to nip any problems in the bud. I should think it takes years to change a lifetime of bad habits, we can't expect it to happen just because we get to goal.

I've started nibbling recently, and- partly cos i am happier with myself- have found it harder to stop. (and i've still got 2 stone to go!) Lets face it, food is the weakness for most of us on here. You are an inspiration with how well you've done, but we'd all be a bit dumb to think thats the hard part done, (thats not to say this is easy..) i just s'pose you're at the point where the real work begins. I, too love reading posts from the maintenance lot, and people like yourself and Lizz who are just starting maintenance. You tell it like it is..... Good luck hun xx

Hi there, if you bmi is 25 or under you should not SS, it is not good for you, it will burn up lean muscle instead of fat.... why not pop over to the maintenance threads and join us there, some of us have reached goal and some are hovering very close to goal and there are some brilliant ideas over there about how to maintain as we are all going through it, there is also a thread about leeway.... lol. Hope to see you there.

I think you are right that lowering your goal will help you feel a normal weight but it will probably take your body a long time to get used to getting normal food again. You should go on your holiday and relax and have a great time, you deserve it. You know any gain can come off as soon as you get back then you can have more time for maintenance. chin up, give yourself a break

Hi all, just to say thanks for the posts, truly appreciated !
I am SSing again, my BMI was 25 last wednesday but isn't now !!!!!!!
I haven't eaten that much, but I have had carbs, hubby took me for a meal yesterday and I ate a starter and a main course of chicken with ham and bbq sauce with potatoes !

The scales aren't kind and I am SSing until Saturday and hoping I can get some of the pounds off !!!

My CDC said when you introduce carbs you can hold 7lbs in water..........I am not far off holding almost 7lbs..scary !!!

So I have Ssed today, read lots of posts, got my mojo back, texted LizMB to keep me going !

And I know I will gain on holiday, but I need to focus that when I return I can get back into the swing and get those pounds off to 10.7, my dream goal for now !

Thanks everyone :)

There will be no stopping you now that you have got your mojo back!

Just realised where you are off to in 5 days, how magical is that?!

Been to Paris but not done Disney, planning Florida next year - a slim me wants to dance with Mickey Mouse ( childhood dream, I'm really not as strange as I sound, ha ha!) x

- a slim me wants to dance with Mickey Mouse ( childhood dream, I'm really not as strange as I sound, ha ha!) x

Lol :D We didnt see mickey once at magic kingdom this year :eek: this was florida..i dunno where he was looool!! there were lots of staff with big white mickey hands on waving as we arrived but that was it :D

I hope you can find him haha x

Oh I would LOVE to go to USA Disney !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I bet I get the Disney Bug, but would have to save for about 2 years to afford 2 weeks in Florida !!!....................But One Day I will do it !

Back