Moving the goalposts????

Nibbles

Silver Member
I set my target weight at 10st 4lbs with my height at 5ft 4ins.
My scales read 11st 4lbs this morning, but i have found this CD so easy that i am considering going to 10st instead.
This means that i should be able to move up to the next CD stage very soon.
If my face becomes too gaunt , then i will attempt to keep to my original goal.
The weight has mainly come off my torso and boobs, but can see difference in trousers too.Face thinner too.
Just looked at a holiday snap from 6 weeks ago and barely recognise myself with those extra pounds. Reckon i was about 24 lbs heavier in the photo.
Why do we let it happen.??:confused:
I love food, but really hope that i will restrain my nibbles.

well done!!!! I am on day 1 and struggling and amazed that you say you 'love CD'. do you think I will ever feel good about CD?

by the way - well done on losing...

I've been thinking about moving the goal posts too, purely because I'm not finding CD that hard to stick to. And if I lower my target by 7lbs to 10st 11lbs it'll only take a extra couple of weeks to get there. I'm 5' 7'' and I'm sure I won't look gaunt and skeletal at 10st 11lbs. I'll see how it goes nearer the time, I've got another couple of stone to go before I need to make any decisions.

Leeds123, I think once you get past the first week or so, you'll start to see why we love CD, when you see the results on the scales and in your clothing. I love it because I don't have the choice to cheat, it's all or nothing for me. I also love the fact that I don't have to think about food, what to have, whats healthy etc and I have no guilty feelings anymore. I also love the fact that I know I'm going to lose weight, there's no way I can't.

Last edited:
well done!!!! I am on day 1 and struggling and amazed that you say you 'love CD'. do you think I will ever feel good about CD?

"I love it" is maybe a little extreme, but i am feeling so happy now that i am seeing the clear results.
I have really managed to resist all temptation and now find it so easy.
I joined a thread of 6 other people on this forum, who all started CD at the same time. Through this forum we have supported each other. I also have a work colleague who has lost about 3 1/2 stone and i really feel that she has inspired me too.
Why don't you join a group of CD starters too??? Here is the link to a thread which is people who have just started CD. http://www.minimins.com/cambridge-diet-100-forum/61561-any-newbies-weighing-today.html

I've been thinking about moving the goal posts too, purely because I'm not finding CD that hard to stick to. And if I lower my target by 7lbs to 10st 11lbs it'll only take a extra couple of weeks to get there. I'm 5' 7'' and I'm sure I won't look gaunt and skeletal at 10st 11lbs. I'll see how it goes nearer the time, I've got another couple of stone to go before I need to make any decisions.
Leeds123, I think once you get past the first week or so, you'll start to see why we love CD, when you see the results on the scales and in your clothing. I love it because I don't have the choice to cheat, it's all or nothing for me. I also love the fact that I don't have to think about food, what to have, whats healthy etc and I have no guilty feelings anymore. I also love the fact that I know I'm going to lose weight, there's no way I can't.
Surfhunny, i agree with you totally. Well done on your loss.

i am madly in love with CD! i wouldn't have been able to lose 3st in 2 months any other way or as easily (although i know it isn't easy for some-i got lucky!).

my original goal was 12st 7lbs as suggested by my CDC but this would mean i was still in the overweight BMI range (only just in it mind). so i decided to drop it to 11st 7lbs which will put me in 'normal'. i can't remember ever being in the normal range....

nibbles - have you decided when to move up the steps yet?

i am in a similar position, debating when to ditch SS-ing and move on up. i think i will now do it when i reach 11 st 13.5 lbs, about 3-4 lbs time!

i just feel that i am ready to start eating again and can slowly get down to my goal of 11st(-ish, that goal keeps changing too)

nibbles - have you decided when to move up the steps yet?
i am in a similar position, debating when to ditch SS-ing and move on up. i think i will now do it when i reach 11 st 13.5 lbs, about 3-4 lbs time!
i just feel that i am ready to start eating again and can slowly get down to my goal of 11st(-ish, that goal keeps changing too)

That is how i feel, ready to reintroduce food slowly, but the thought of 10 stone is my incentive to continue. I will move up the plan after i lose 5-9 lbs, so about another 2 weeks i reckon
I need to be able to eat on my birthday, 3rd November, but i had hoped to be further along, but that has changed with my changing my goal.

hi, nibbles, i'm thinking about when would be the right time to move up the plans, i think i'll wait til i'm about 10.7 and then hopefully lose the last 7 slowly whilst reintroducing food. got a feeling that i hopefully will reach my target just before chrimbo time though, don't want to look too far ahead but that's something i'm nervous about!! might have to go into hibernation for xmas!! how does any stick to healthy food over xmas??

hmmm, christmas is a tough one. i hope that by that stage i will be at a happy weight, so i intend to enjoy christmas (not go mad with gluttony) and just address any weight gain in a sensible way.

thing is, i haven't eaten "sensibly" for a long time now...i guess that's why we need to work up the plans!

Back