Moving to cc?

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi everyone. I'm Bex.

Am currently following Ww pro points but the more I'm thinking about it the more bothered I'm getting. Whilst I have and am losing weight the concept of free fruit and veg is starting to bother me. Particularly as it can add up to in excess of 400 Cals per day on top of whatever my points work out to be. Which can be anything from 1440 upwards depending on what I choose to eat.

I'm also thinking that cc is free and going to be easier to follow. Pretty much everything lists a calorie content whilst for ww you need fibre, protein, fat too.

So I'm subscribed to ww until the end of the month already but am thinking I'm going to try cc, which I've sort of been doing alongside for the last week and see how that goes.

How have you guys found cc? Have any of you moved from ww? What are your hints, tips, best low calorie foods x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I have just started rosemary conley and because I have an exercise class as well I am feeling pretty upbeat.

I tried WW when it was points and then the core which worked for me, but then they changed and core was not available anymore which I thought was silly I mean if 1 diet worked for everyone then there would only be 1 diet in the world. So I left as instructor wouldn't even talk about it and i have been bumbling along since but decided to do RC again and hopefully it will work.

I find CCing really easy as you say everything is on the label.

Good luck and sorry for rambling on ;)

Rkmriddell said:
Hi everyone. I'm Bex.

Am currently following Ww pro points but the more I'm thinking about it the more bothered I'm getting. Whilst I have and am losing weight the concept of free fruit and veg is starting to bother me. Particularly as it can add up to in excess of 400 Cals per day on top of whatever my points work out to be. Which can be anything from 1440 upwards depending on what I choose to eat.

I'm also thinking that cc is free and going to be easier to follow. Pretty much everything lists a calorie content whilst for ww you need fibre, protein, fat too.

So I'm subscribed to ww until the end of the month already but am thinking I'm going to try cc, which I've sort of been doing alongside for the last week and see how that goes.

How have you guys found cc? Have any of you moved from ww? What are your hints, tips, best low calorie foods x

Hi I've just started cc today cause I was struggling with weight watchers, but I'm following Rosemary conley at home cause I've got her book and there is exercises in it, I'm starting on the 1200 cal fast track for 2 weeks hope I lose.x hope I've helped like you helped me on ww forum yesterday.x

Hi I've just started cc today cause I was struggling with weight watchers, but I'm following Rosemary conley at home cause I've got her book and there is exercises in it, I'm starting on the 1200 cal fast track for 2 weeks hope I lose.x hope I've helped like you helped me on ww forum yesterday.x

Hey perhaps we can buddy up :) I'm going for 1200 cals too - that should allow me to lose 1.5ish lbs per weeks and reach goal by August(ish) which is where i'd like to be... I'm continuing with the 30 day shred... thighs are really feeling it today :)

I know it's going to be a bit of a learning curve over the next few days - finding the right balance etc. I've been looking up some low calorie things so that i've a "base" to go from so to speak.... mini milk ice lollies are low, about 35cals each which are a good snack. Also getting some salad in this week and continuing with the butternut squash.

I was just driving myself mad the more i was thinking about ww. With it being 40cals to 50cals per point, plus my fruit, i could have been eating 2000 cals per day which was never going to let me lose weight :confused: so i'm going to give this a try for a few weeks and see where i end up.

Do you track using anything - i've signed up to myfitnesspal. It's ever so good, plus they have an iphone app x

Well I have just started rosemary conley and because I have an exercise class as well I am feeling pretty upbeat.

I tried WW when it was points and then the core which worked for me, but then they changed and core was not available anymore which I thought was silly I mean if 1 diet worked for everyone then there would only be 1 diet in the world. So I left as instructor wouldn't even talk about it and i have been bumbling along since but decided to do RC again and hopefully it will work.

I find CCing really easy as you say everything is on the label.

Good luck and sorry for rambling on ;)

Hi

Yeah i don't get why they've just completely stopped the other plans... although i suppose it gets everyone to buy new stuff, subscribe for the tracker etc for a while!! What is RC compared to calorie counting then?

x

Rkmriddell said:
Hey perhaps we can buddy up :) I'm going for 1200 cals too - that should allow me to lose 1.5ish lbs per weeks and reach goal by August(ish) which is where i'd like to be... I'm continuing with the 30 day shred... thighs are really feeling it today :)

I know it's going to be a bit of a learning curve over the next few days - finding the right balance etc. I've been looking up some low calorie things so that i've a "base" to go from so to speak.... mini milk ice lollies are low, about 35cals each which are a good snack. Also getting some salad in this week and continuing with the butternut squash.

I was just driving myself mad the more i was thinking about ww. With it being 40cals to 50cals per point, plus my fruit, i could have been eating 2000 cals per day which was never going to let me lose weight :confused: so i'm going to give this a try for a few weeks and see where i end up.

Do you track using anything - i've signed up to myfitnesspal. It's ever so good, plus they have an iphone app x

Hi yes I would like to buddy up, that would be good I'd like to be 10 stone for end of July but think I'm pushing it to lose that much weight, oh and yes I write a food diary down and I downloaded the app for myfitnesspal yesterday it is really good.

Mini twister ice lollys are good my little boy likes them but I've not got any in at mo to check for you but I think they are under 50 cals and kit kats are 107 cals, ha ha look at me it's all about the sweet stuff, but if I've had low cals all day I like a cuppa and kit kat when my little mans in bed and I can chill.x

Hi yes I would like to buddy up, that would be good I'd like to be 10 stone for end of July but think I'm pushing it to lose that much weight, oh and yes I write a food diary down and I downloaded the app for myfitnesspal yesterday it is really good.

Mini twister ice lollys are good my little boy likes them but I've not got any in at mo to check for you but I think they are under 50 cals and kit kats are 107 cals, ha ha look at me it's all about the sweet stuff, but if I've had low cals all day I like a cuppa and kit kat when my little mans in bed and I can chill.x

What's your username on MFP?

I'm the same - love the sweet stuff. Put the kids to bed, eat dinner and then sit to watch telly and i start craving something "nice".... i've been going with meringue nest etc, but am going shopping tonight so am going to pick up some of the little ice lollys etc. Going to grab some snackajacks too, or maybe the kiddilicious dried pienapple - don't know if you've tried those but they're fab and only 40 calories ish, great instead of a pack of crisps!!

I want to lose 3 stone by August - it'll be a hard push but i reckon that if we stick with it and exercise we'll get most of the way there :D i'd just really like to be comfortably in a 10-12 with no baby belly.... then i'd be happy!!! I think it's more about how i feel and look than the numbers for me.... what about you? x

Rkmriddell said:
What's your username on MFP?

I'm the same - love the sweet stuff. Put the kids to bed, eat dinner and then sit to watch telly and i start craving something "nice".... i've been going with meringue nest etc, but am going shopping tonight so am going to pick up some of the little ice lollys etc. Going to grab some snackajacks too, or maybe the kiddilicious dried pienapple - don't know if you've tried those but they're fab and only 40 calories ish, great instead of a pack of crisps!!

I want to lose 3 stone by August - it'll be a hard push but i reckon that if we stick with it and exercise we'll get most of the way there :D i'd just really like to be comfortably in a 10-12 with no baby belly.... then i'd be happy!!! I think it's more about how i feel and look than the numbers for me.... what about you? x

Hi bex, it's sazbirl same as on here, and yes it's more about how I feel than how much I weigh but when I was 10 stone years ago I felt brill and could wear anything I wanted rather than being like' oh I couldn't wear a skirt and get my legs out' and I really want a pair of skinny jeans and look skinny in them my hubby says he will buy me a pair when I get down to what I want to be!!.xx

Have added you on MFP.... that's all i want, is just to be able to wear something and feel comfortable in it. I know it's going in the right direction, but i'm determined this time that i am doing this year... i am not going into another year wanting to lose weight. I am going into 2012 slim, healthy and able to play with my kids without feeling like i'm dying lol x

oh ye traitors:D,,only joking,,i've been thinking about cc too,,still trying to figure ww out driving me crazy!! i think pp works out to be 1200 but then add your veg and fruit.so with cc is that all you look for ??

Sazbirl said:
Hi I've accepted you on mfp, and my names Sarah I don't think I've told you.x

Pleasure to meet you lol. Have got you confirmed!! Be good to see how we get on with this.

So I know you've kids, tell me the rest about you. :) x

yummymummy75 said:
oh ye traitors:D,,only joking,,i've been thinking about cc too,,still trying to figure ww out driving me crazy!! i think pp works out to be 1200 but then add your veg and fruit.so with cc is that all you look for ??

Hello hello ;) yep am trialling the cc to see how I get on. I keep driving myself crazy thinking about ww. I had a rice krispie cereal bar the other day (yum) was 2pp. But was also just shy of 100 cals. This means that the 29pp could be 1450 cals. Add on the average of 400 cals fruit and veg which I was easily eating in a day and before any weeklies I was pretty much at my maintenance calories :( at the lowest of 40 cals per pp by the time you'd used the weeklies you were at the same point.

So I've decided to try this, I've been tracking calories anyway as the fruit thing was bothering me. I use myfitnesspal who have a great and free tracker. My goal is 1200 cals per day to lose 1.5ish lbs per week. You can set it higher or lower but this just about brings me to goal weight by august. Plus I can earn cals through the 30 day shred which im back doing. And it's soooo much easier than trying to work out pp lol.

Sooooo.... Wanna come play on the dark side?? Lol xxx

Rkmriddell said:
Pleasure to meet you lol. Have got you confirmed!! Be good to see how we get on with this.

So I know you've kids, tell me the rest about you. :) x

Hope we lose it all and get to goal :)
I've just got the one kid he's called Callum and he's just turned 2, I've been married for 4 and half years but been with hubby for 14!!!! I'm 30 yrs old and want to lose 5 stone altogether hopefully before august cause we are getting a touring caravan and going to Newquay for our hols this year at the beginning of august, then after the hol where I will be walking round like a skinny Minnie hopefully, we are trying for baby number 2 :) I want to have a healthy pregnancy next time cause I had high blood pressure and had to have that diabetic test with Callum and I hate needles, so the plan is to get to a healthy weight before then :).xxxx

yummymummy75 said:

I was doing old points at home and struggling so thought I would try this, and yes with cc you just count the cals and hope you lose weight:) are you doing it with us?.xx

Sazbirl said:
Hope we lose it all and get to goal :)
I've just got the one kid he's called Callum and he's just turned 2, I've been married for 4 and half years but been with hubby for 14!!!! I'm 30 yrs old and want to lose 5 stone altogether hopefully before august cause we are getting a touring caravan and going to Newquay for our hols this year at the beginning of august, then after the hol where I will be walking round like a skinny Minnie hopefully, we are trying for baby number 2 :) I want to have a healthy pregnancy next time cause I had high blood pressure and had to have that diabetic test with Callum and I hate needles, so the plan is to get to a healthy weight before then :).xxxx

Quite similar. I've twin boys Rhys and Rory who were two last week. Got married in Aug but been with hub 10 years. Want to lose by august ready for my birthday and our anniversary. Planning to get v tickets for us again. That was what we did for our mini moon lol. Im 28 and determined I don't want to reach 30 and still feel this way. I want it all done this year. I'm sick of feeling **** about myself. Work full time so life is pretty manic! No plans for more kids though haha x

hi i have been following s/w but kept sts or putting on so 2 weeks ago i started calorie counting and it made me see why i wasn't losing i must have been having double the calories (am on 1200 at moment) its all very well to have all the free food but at the end of the day the calories still add up, good luck getting to ur goals :)

Back