Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Moving to SS+ - what effect on weight loss??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Poppysparkle, 2 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    So, I've had fab losses - last Saturday night was hard though, as I really wanted to eat something. At my weigh in on Sunday with my CDC, she suggested adding the meal - I've done this and had the biggest plate of prawns with mushrooms!! I can't believe that I will keep losing weight at the same rate by eating this much each day!!

Anyone move to SS+ after SS'ing? Does the glycogen go back on if you are still in ketosis - and I assume that I will still be in ketosis if I just follow the things in the book? I did have some smoked salmon slices, which aren't in the book, and I don't think are recommended, but they had no carbs, so I thought this would be okay - not sure if I will eat it again until I move up the plans. I want to follow the rules so that I don't feel like I'm cheating, which will lead to a potential slippery slope.

Any advice, meal suggestions, feedback very welcome!

Nik x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    You'll still be in ketosis on SS+! I've done SS+ right the way through and when I've not cheated I've been in ketosis. My CDC said it's 1lb difference in weight loss a month so it hardly anything and totally worth it if the evening meal helps you stick to it. Good luck :)

4. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Quorn pieces or grilled chicken breast with veg and a chicken and mushroom soup made up with a little less water and used as a sauce... Really yummy! X

5. Poppysparkle

Poppysparkle Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st5lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st6lb(20.96%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Thanks girls!

Emma, I can't stand the soups on CWP unfortunately, but I was thinking of making up a small amount of the lowest carb gravy granules I can find to pour over my chicken (listen to me saying I didn't want to cheat!!!). Would only have this once a week or so - would it cause massive problems??

6. Emma1904

Emma1904 Working on it

Start Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I'm not sure some others may know though x

7. Felix

Felix Gold Member

Start Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.7lb(5.86%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    Try and get some of the reduced salt Bullion cos that might make a good gravy! Will be a little thin though compared to normal gravy but it would be pretty nice! I got some today from asda :)

You have to get creative with meals on SS+ so you dont get bored haha. I use dry spices on chicken breast (make sure you check the salt content of the spices) to make things a little more interesting. Schwartz do a Chinese 5 Spice one which I use in a stir fry with mushrooms and sliced cabbage and it's lovely!! I also love the piri piri one. Not sure if you're technically allowed these but my CDC recommended them so should be ok :) also roasted veg is always nice!! Also love omelettes with mushroom spinach and courgette :D

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.