Moving to Warrington Cheshire.

kissme

Gold Member
Hi All! My OH has just got a promotion. his wage is going from £15,500 to a whopping £39,990 and i'm really pleased for him except its a whooping 250 miles from where i live now.

and i'm really scared!
i live in devon and its in warrington cheshire

well done to the OH kissme. I live about 20 miles from Warrington & my Auntie has lived in Warrington for donkey's years, I like Warrington, the shopping is great there & everyone where she lives seems really nice. Do you know yet when you will be moving?

That seems like a decent promotion! Are you going to move with him? Do you live with him now?

well done to the OH kissme. I live about 20 miles from Warrington & my Auntie has lived in Warrington for donkey's years, I like Warrington, the shopping is great there & everyone where she lives seems really nice. Do you know yet when you will be moving?

no we dont know yet his new job is a secondment for 3 weeks so he can find us somewhere to live and sort a few things out then the big move

his new job is at birchwood park and i hope everyone is nice! think i'll have to go to the local sw to meet some new people!

well good luck - I am sure that once you get there and start meeting people everything will fall into place for you.

That's a fantastic promotion! Don't be scared - Warrington is nice. I know it quite well round there as my company has an office on the business park and I lived in the area for a while. Birchwood is away from the town centre, but has plenty of amenities.

Warrington itself has it's nice and not-so-nice parts, like most towns, but you'll soon find out where with some research. You're in easy reach of Manchester and Liverpool for great shopping and nightlife, and Warri has its fair share of good restaurants and pubs. Wigan is nearby too. And there's Chester, which is gorgeous. You have the cheshire countryside on your doorstep and are just over an hour from the Lake District. It's fab up here n the NW!

Think of it as a grand adventure, and if you have questions I'll do my best to answer.

Hi All! My OH has just got a promotion. his wage is going from £15,500 to a whopping £39,990 and i'm really pleased for him except its a whooping 250 miles from where i live now.

and i'm really scared!
i live in devon and its in warrington cheshire

Hey, I live just up the road!!

Not quite Devon, but not beruit either!!

Good luck, and congrats to ya bloke :) x

In Reading, where I live, we have a very good local online forum. People often post messages if they are thinking of moving to the area, and local folk are happy to give them pointers about where to live, what to avoid, what's good, what's bad, etc.

I thought there might be something similar for Warrington, so I did a bit of Googling and found this:

warrington worldwide ~ Index

Have a look at it, and see if it is something you would be comfortable with, then if you want to post messages you have to register, but all the information you have to provide is a user name, email address and password.

Also, looking at the local newspaper website will give you an idea of what's going on there
Warrington Guardian - News, Sport, Wolves Rugby League, Homes for Sale, Leisure, Letters and Forum

Oh - and according to Wikipedia, Kerry Katona lives in Warrington. I leave it to you to decide whether that is a good thing or not!!!

She's from Warrington, but moved to posher Wilmslow a while back, I believe!

Congratulations to you OH on his promotion.
I live in Wigan which is about 12 miles away. I used to work at Birchwood, it has quite a good out of town shopping centre.

As other people have stated there are websites where you can find out about the area. I'm sure you will soon settle in, are you going to join a SW group in Warrington - thats a way of meeting new people. I'm new on here so don't really know you that well but do you work? If so there are quite a lot of employers in and around birchwood and the salaries aren't bad (well compared to wigan anyway).

HTH

Louise
x

I live near Warrington.It's a nice town. If you move near Birchwood you'll literally be 10 minutes down the motorway from the Liverpool/ Manchester/Trafford Centre too - so you can help him spend all his extra money!!! XXX

Just for reference.....

I live in South Manchester, and my OH's firm have just moved to Birchwood. He finds that the commute takes anything from 30-40 mins (if there is no hold-ups with roadworks.).

LOL! I was thinking of shopping not comuting. Lonestitcher's right, trying to drive anywhere in rush hour can be a pain in and around Warrington, it's at the heart of the NWs motorway network (M6, 62, 56) & 1 simple crash can = hours sat in your car :-( XXX

Does warrington still have Mr Smiths? I went there once years ago. Think that is where they used to film hit man & her. Gosh I'm old :sigh:

Back