Moving up the steps

leehal

Does anyone have any advice on moving up the diet steps ?

I have been doing Step 2 for 7 weeks and plan on doing another 6 weeks, this will leave 3 weeks before my holidays when I was planning on eating normal food again (but sensibly so that I don't put too much weight back on).

Hopefully at the end of Step 2 I shouldn't be too far away from my goal weight and I plan to lose the rest being hungry on either Step 3, 4 or 5 (not sure which yet!).

I don't like the idea of getting back into ketosis and I know that the last stone or so is hard to lose even on SS.

Any advice/comments appreciated.

Well done for reaching the plan stage. I am now on 1000-1300 per day. I would try to stay SS for as long as you can because once broken it's hard to go back. Add a meal for a week, 790 for a week then 1000 a week before you go and be careful... eat healthy food and a fist full of carbs a day (only) and you will loose weight without your body going into shock. The alternative is to SS right up to holiday and then you may put on 10lbs + due to glycose levels, this happened to my CDC did when she went away. It's control and building up so when you go away you can have a lovely time and eat healthy, fresh food. It;s a journey not a race if you loose your last 1 1/2 a stone on 790 then do it. Don't beat yourself up... life is too short. You have shifted the bulk of weight which is a great achivement. Hope this helps. Love bunny xxxx

I have a dilemma, I have 9 weeks until I go away.

Thinking of sticking to Step 2 all the way up to my hols as I should have lost all of my weight by then (assuming I keep going at 4lbs a week, which I doubt I will).

Take the plunge and put some weight on when I am away, then I need to change my eating habits to keep the weight off anyway and hopefully lose any weight I have put on with Steps 3, 4 or 5.

I am paranoid that the Steps 3, 4 & 5 will be harder due to not being in ketosis, so I want to keep on Step 2 for as long as possible.

Back