Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Moving up the steps

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by leehal, 17 July 2007 Social URL.

1. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    Does anyone have any advice on moving up the diet steps ?

I have been doing Step 2 for 7 weeks and plan on doing another 6 weeks, this will leave 3 weeks before my holidays when I was planning on eating normal food again (but sensibly so that I don't put too much weight back on).

Hopefully at the end of Step 2 I shouldn't be too far away from my goal weight and I plan to lose the rest being hungry on either Step 3, 4 or 5 (not sure which yet!).

I don't like the idea of getting back into ketosis and I know that the last stone or so is hard to lose even on SS.

Any advice/comments appreciated.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. bunnycd

bunnycd Full Member

Well done for reaching the plan stage. I am now on 1000-1300 per day. I would try to stay SS for as long as you can because once broken it's hard to go back. Add a meal for a week, 790 for a week then 1000 a week before you go and be careful... eat healthy food and a fist full of carbs a day (only) and you will loose weight without your body going into shock. The alternative is to SS right up to holiday and then you may put on 10lbs + due to glycose levels, this happened to my CDC did when she went away. It's control and building up so when you go away you can have a lovely time and eat healthy, fresh food. It;s a journey not a race if you loose your last 1 1/2 a stone on 790 then do it. Don't beat yourself up... life is too short. You have shifted the bulk of weight which is a great achivement. Hope this helps. Love bunny xxxx

leehal likes this.
  4. leehal

leehal Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    16st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st2lb(15.71%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS+
    I have a dilemma, I have 9 weeks until I go away.

Thinking of sticking to Step 2 all the way up to my hols as I should have lost all of my weight by then (assuming I keep going at 4lbs a week, which I doubt I will).

Take the plunge and put some weight on when I am away, then I need to change my eating habits to keep the weight off anyway and hopefully lose any weight I have put on with Steps 3, 4 or 5.

I am paranoid that the Steps 3, 4 & 5 will be harder due to not being in ketosis, so I want to keep on Step 2 for as long as possible.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.