Mr New Fella . . . Advice Please

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by Derek, 25 July 2008 Social URL.

1. Derek

Derek New Member

Hi,

Im new to all this.

Started SS 3 days ago, feeling very hungry today. Drinking a ton of water which is making me feel quite bloated.

Lost a few pounds over the last couple of days, but then id expect to as I havent eaten anything!!

Please can you advise how much you generally lose in the 1st week and also does it get easier as the hunger pangs go.

Also can you suggest anything interesting to do with the SS packs, Ive tried freezing a carton thingie, not sure what that will be like.

Im 26, 15 1/2 stone, trying to get down to 12. How long do you rekon with no cheating!!!!!

Thanks very much, sorry for the hundered questions

:D:D:rolleyes::D:D

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Hello and welcome Derek. and congrats on getting to day 3 :clap: First week's losses depend - I've had male clients who have lost nearly 26 lbs in their first week :eek:, others have lost 10 lbs :D Just stick it out, drink your packs, and knock back your water and you should be at your goal within 3 months!! :cool:

4. jennikay

jennikay Gold Member

Yep, it definitely does get easier!
    There's a thread at the top of the CD forum with things to do with your packs e.g. muffins, fudge, crisps...

3.5 stone should take 3-4 months to lose, though guys seem to lose faster than women, so maybe less than that.

Good luck :D

5. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    men normally lose more than girls so you should get a good loss. My 1st week on CD I lost 8lbs. Good Luck to you x

6. Camille

Camille Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(14.98%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    Well done on getting to day 3. Yes it does get easier lol!
    You should lose that weight in about 3months if you stick to ss 100%.
    Good luck & welcome x

7. airgirl

airgirl Gold Member

Hiya...my first week i lost 12lbs but i didn't do the slow introduction thing and had been drinking loads of cocktails etc before my first week so think thats why i had a high one...the average is stone a month, maybe a little more for guys.

Good luck with it and well done on getting to day 3 i def think thats the hardest stage...i just finished week 3 and am never hungry now, it's become 'normal' for me.x

8. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

hello, welcome to mini's.

It does get easier i lost 14lbs in week one :) x

9. karenO

karenO Step away from the chips!

Diet:
    Cambridge
    The girls hve pretty much already answered the questions you have so just want to say well done on getting to day 3 and good luck for the rest of your CD journey. You should prob be at target in around 3-4 months, although having said that my (male) CDC lost 6 stone in 15 weeks :eek:

10. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

Ditto! Welcome and any support you need, just come on here, we'll all be here to help in one way or another. You'll be at 12 stone before you know it :) x

11. MiniMe*Escaping

MiniMe*Escaping Banned

Diet:
    CD
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

12. Amanda71

Amanda71 Silver Member

Welcome and good luck :)

13. Derek

Derek New Member

Thanks for all your kind replies.

Do you find the weight comes off slowly in the 1st few days? Also when can you expect to be in ketosis

ta . . .

14. Bunnyg

Bunnyg Determined

I can't help about the first few days as my scales wouldn't let me on until this week (they only go up to 23stone 8 and I started at 24 6.5), but try not to weigh yourself as it will be such a nice surprise on your weigh day.

As far as the ketosis, you should definitely be in by a week, but a lot of people are in by day 3-4, but everyone is different. You can buy ketostix from boots to check on your levels.

Hope you aren't feeling so hungry today x

15. susan70

susan70 Gold Member

Diet:
    WW
    :welcome: Well done on getting this far hun, you have done the hardest part it really dose get easier from now on. Well done again and keep up the good work , cant wait to hear about your first WI.

16. LizDesigns

LizDesigns Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st1lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11lb(10.46%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Welcome and the best of luck on your cd journey.

17. corioboria

corioboria Cambridge Counsellor

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    My hubby is aiming to shed a similar amount from a similar starting position. He lost 18 pounds in his first 2 weeks. He only goes to the CDC every 2 weeks. He's done 6 weeks now & just cleared 2 stone loss.

And he's not even doing SS, he's on a quite generous 810 programme, like me.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. MiniMe*Escaping

MiniMe*Escaping Banned

Diet:
    CD
  20. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Yep men do lose the weight faster than women (so not fair I hear you cry) :D

21. abz

abz Gold Member

hey hon. welcome and good luck :)

stick with it. the first week can be a bit crappy but after that you'll feel fab and it really is worth it for the amount of weight you'll lose :)

how are you getting on today?

abz xx

22. MiniMe*Escaping

MiniMe*Escaping Banned

Diet:
    CD
    Hunny did you start doing the 810 and lose all that weight, or did you start doing the SS first?

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.