MrC's better late than never diary

I wish I had a million dollars missymoo. :(

Well I'm off out on the town soon but I have already let my mates know I won't be joining them in a drunken stupor at the end of the evening as I intend to remain 100%. I just have to tell myself that the bonus is I won't look half as stupid as they do by the end of the night.:7834: (I have that pleasure in 4 weeks time!)

A 6:30 start this evening so it's going to get messy but I don't care - the new skinny jeans will be getting their maiden outing! :D
Not a hissy fit (I've had my one for this year already) but I'm a teeny bit disappointed that I have two scabs on the end of my nose which will obviously downgrade me to a 9.5. :8855:I must remember that when my 3yr old niece wants to play 'Princesses' not to wear her tiara as Ninja Robot Laser Goggles. Tiaras play havoc with your nose when an angry child is hanging on to them. :cry:

Wish me luck! :p

Well I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my 100% night out yesterday.

Today my throat is sore from shouting, my stomach and chest aches from laughing, my head is big from all the compliments I got from my mates and I'm impressed that I lasted until 1am drinking only water even though all those around me were rather drunk.

The only downside is the new skinny jeans I bought last week are getting a little loose. I need a new belt and a refeed soon. :)

Well done Mr c x 50 pounds is amazing, hope I have that willpower, hope everything with the re-feed goes well x good luck x

MrC...bet you were mad about yourself on your night out lol....checking your ass out every time you passed a mirror! :bunnydance:
That's a pain (i think) your jeans dont fit anymore!!! Get them on ebay and get a smaller size! OMG you must feel on top of the world! :party0048:

Thanks all.

I managed to go out without posing Littleflower - my mate's would've murdered me. :whoopass:

I'll see what my jeans are doing after the refeed - I think I may just be in-between sizes but I can't see me going down another one.

I've actually been feeling a little peckish the last couple of days and I think it might be down to the fact that I've only been having the soups. I might start weaving a shake into the routine to see if that helps.

I had a bit of heartburn last night and felt a bit off when I got up this morning. I decided to get a shake inside me instead of soup and I do feel better again now. I felt particularly thirsty too so I've have drunk quite a lot today and now I'm also getting quite a bit of exercise running up and down stairs. :p

I do fancy a soup again tonight and if I wasn't such a 100%er I'd be tempted to sprinkle a bit of black pepper into it but plain old chicken soup it is. I'll have it a bit later.

I wondering if it's the thought that I'm refeeding soon that's waking up my appetite. I'm going to start planning my refeed soon so that I have a strict plan to follow. It'll make shopping easier and give me the confidence that I'll be doing it right and stop me straying. I can stick to plans. :)

</rambling over>

Hey MrC...i'm really struggling today! I don't think i can wait another week to refeed! I've been so miserable on this the last couple of days????? AAAGGHHHH!
I was looking at the refeed 'menu' and really can't wait to have tuma and onion wrapped in a big lettuce leaf! The smell of food tonight killed me!

NOOOOOOO Flower, as a recent eater, don't do it, better to keep going, so wish I had stuck it out in Madrid.
MrC, I think you will be fine on re-feed as you are obviously Mr Willpower, but once you start eating the temptation to pick starts, I know! If you start your running seriously though (I dabble with running too and have been addicted to it in past) you will need to eat a good amount, just healthy....... Says the woman who had a pudding yesterday when I wasn't even hungry and a mega stodgy one at that.......my tummy is still trying to recover......that'll teach me:cry:

Littleflower, hang in there and stick with me. I'm not having the best week myself but I'm determined. You need to grit your teeth too and not let me win. I'm a terrible gloater! :p Besides, if you give u pon me then I may even try and put off my refeed another week or two longer as I'm tempted (still no kitchen) but I don't think that would be ideal for me.

This may help:

Fatty Jeans >>> Thinner Jeans >>> Boyfriend Jeans >>> Toyboy Jeans >>> Skinny Jeans :D

Use your 'nutty powers' on her, patchesmum - you can keep her going. :rolleyes:

I agree about the running, I will need to eat a more balanced diet for when I get back into it but for now it'll be a lot more about stretching the lungs again then needing the energy. I'm only talking a couple of miles each run this side of normal food. I have been looking into the nutrition side of things a bit and will try and base something around that.

I hope you enjoyed your trip and your pud yesterday. You just need to not feel guilty, (hopefully) tell yourself you enjoyed it, but now it's time to get back in the saddle and grind out another few pounds.

Both of you ladies have done brilliantly so far, in your own diets and the support and laughs you provide to the rest of us in the forum. All that will be so much easier to maintain if you can both grind out one more week - the home straight for you littleflower and the restart for you patchesmum.

I've got faith in you both - don't let me down. :)

oh alright then...i'll do it! lol :sigh:
I bloody hate gloaters.....so bring it on MrC (again)!!!! :crazy:

Thanks for your support seriously! You are def keeping me focused! :thankyou: (pretend the flowers are a few beers)

p.s what's going on with the kitchen....it's taking forever!!!!!!!!

Re: the kitchen. . .

I started the extension 4 years ago and I don't like to rush. I was hoping to get the units in this week (I'm almost done) but I have 8 days to do 16 weeks worth of Uni assignments. Like I said, I don't like to rush, well not until the last minute at any rate.

My eyes are sore and square now as I've been on my laptop from 9am until 9pm with maybe an hour for my soups and minimins during the day.

Regarding my diet, which is why I post here:

It's been 13 weeks exactly since I started LT and I've stayed 100%. I think I need to go HONK! :D

Well done you, I am struggling to get back into it, have been picking since I got in from work, not hungry, just picky. Will try harder tomorrow.
I have been planning kitchen extension for 3 years, work not started yet but I bought the sofa for it in December......

C'mon patchesmum, you know you need to just get back in the saddle. Why eat if you're not hungry?

You got anything coming up that you can focus on like another holiday or event to help with some goals?

Only 2lbs today which isn't too bad at this stage of the game. Just one week left until refeed and I can't say I'm not looking forward to it.

Yes MrC, I most definitely should know better, but been 100% today and busy tonight so don't reckon will be a problem. I realised today at work that whenever I needed to nip out to my car, or walk the dog I was running everywhere not walking, feel I may be about to re-enter the zone.....
Yes, do have a goal, fab holiday of lifetime booked for 1st June, another "normal" hol booked for July and a break planned in Oct so I need to pull my finger out, but hoping once I loose the weight in time for fab holiday the thought of subsequent hols will help keep it off....
You have done brilliantly, hope you keep popping back here to support us that are still going!

Dusty, I'm doing a degree in videogame design with a view to extending into teaching. I was made redundant 18 months ago from the place I'd worked at for 23 years and as I'd previously considered going into teaching I decided to seize the opportunity. Although I have other, higher qualifications, they weren't any use regarding getting into teaching so I needed to get a degree. I picked one I knew I'd be able to do easily and that I'd enjoy. If I get into the game programming in a big way then I might not get as far as teaching. I'm open at the moment and just fill in a few hours a week helping young kids learn to read at a local school but I'm starting to develop my own educational games in my spare time (although I need to get part time work again) and that may be an ideal halfway house for me.

I'll keep coming back patchesmum. I enjoy posting on the forum and hope that I encourage others as I've had help and encouragement myself. I fully intend to start a refeed diary folowed by a maintenance diary and once my kitchen is (one day) finished I intend cooking and posting on here some decent recipes.

I won't be going away this year as I have far too much to do and life isn't really something I need a release from (which is good) although I'd never turn one down. My wife will be off on two or three holidays with her mates and I don't mean to make it sound nasty, but that will be a nice break for me too. I can be a lazy slob and recharge the batteries that way.

I see you're not far off your target weight either so well done and you'll soon be refeeding yourself. I hope and expect we will still be crossing paths on here for a while to come yet. :)

Last edited:
Well done you!
I think it's really hard to go back into education when you've all the pressures of adult life too!

What subject would you teach or are you thinking about primary?

I am undecided about what level I'd like to teach if I do eventually go that route.

A lot of my close friends are teachers but they all teach at primary level. I've enjoyed my limited time in primary schools (as a volunteer) and would feel good about teaching young children but I'm not too sure the light-touch on a wide range of subjects would be enough to keep me stimulated. I then think that teaching an ICT discipline in greater depth would be great but I'm not sure dealing with surly secondary kids on a daily basis would be that fulfilling either. Teaching ICT to adults was a thought but I'm not sure I'd feel like I was doing enough. I like to think of teaching as more than just teaching a subject but also trying to impart some morals and respect. That's something that wouldn't happen with adults.

I've got a little while yet to decide and there's a good chance that I'll be doing part-time ICT in a few primary schools soon (not teaching) while I'm doing my studies and that may expose me to it all a bit more. It could help me decide what I want to do and provide me with the experience and audience to develop my own educational games and software.

With regards to my studies this year, I'm happy for two reasons:

1 - all straight A's so far (although the grade doesn't count towards the degree)
2 - the other students have finally stoped calling me Sir! :D

Oh, and another 100% HONK for me today! :)

Back