MrC's Two Week Refeed Plan / Diary

MrC

My refeed starts today and I intend doing it for two weeks instead of the usual one. I plan on doing an equivalent to each of the days on the one week plan twice which means it will be a little repetitive at first but will get more varied towards the start of the second week.

I have planned all my meals out but as to how I will be preparing / cooking them in practice will be a bit of trial and error. I'm sure some of the ideas will work and I dare say a few will fail but I'll keep some cans of tuna and a few veggies on standby. :)

If I do cook something and it works well I'll post the recipe in this thread in case others fancy trying it. Cooking . . . hmmm, I really wish I'd finished my kitchen refit by now as it's going to be a bit of a pain with a fridge in the hallway, larder in the living room, water/sink upstairs, no worktops/units and a half-working oven that should have been scrapped years ago.

I am determined though.

Here is my proposed refeed plan. It's more of an outline than anything but I will do my best to stick to it. I feel I need to be a bit strict on this part but will realx a lot more once I'm maintaining.

=========================================================
DAY 1 - Friday (DAY 1 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
LipoTrim

Dinner
------
Chicken: [grilled 4-6 oz Chicken, salt, black pepper]
Salad: [onion, peppers, cucumber, balsamic vinegar]

DAY 2 - Saturday (DAY 1 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
LipoTrim

Dinner
------
Fish & Vegetables: [4-6 oz White Fish, 1 tbsp green beans, 1 tbsp carrots]

DAY 3 - Sunday (DAY 2 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Tuna Salad: [4-6 oz tuna, onion, peppers, balsamic vinegar]

Dinner
------
Chicken & Vegetables [grilled 4-6 oz Chicken, salt, black pepper, carrots, green beans]

DAY 4 - Monday (DAY 2 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----

Dinner
------

=============================================================
DAY 5 - Tuesday (DAY 3 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Tuna Salad: [4-6 oz tuna, onion, peppers, balsamic vinegar]

Dinner
------
Wedges: [8 oz potato dry baked in wedges with salt & paprika]

DAY 6 - Wednesday (DAY 3 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----

Dinner
------
Potatoes: [8 oz boiled new potatoes]

DAY 7 - Thursday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Ham Sandwich: [2 slices brown bread, piccalilli, slice of lean ham]

Dinner
------
Chicken & Veg: [6 oz grilled chicken, 2tbsp peas]
Carrot Mash: [mashed medium potato, mashed carrots, quark, salt, pepper]

DAY 8 - Friday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Ham Sandwich: [2 slices brown bread, piccalilli, slice of lean ham]

Dinner:
--------
Fish & Vegetables: [white fish, 6 small boiled potatoes, 2 tbsp cauliflower, 2 tbsp carrots]

DAY 9 - Saturday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Carbbean Fish : [6 oz salt fish, small onion, sweetcorn, chilli pepper, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, tobasco, oregano, thyme]

Dinner
------
Chicken Kebab: [1 pita, 6 oz chicken, tomatoes, onions, cucumber]
Kebab Sauce: [quark, chilli powder, tabasco, garlic]

DAY 10 - Sunday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Jacket Spud: Meduim baked potato, salt

Dinner
------
Chicken & Veg: [6 oz grilled chicken, 2tbsp peas]
Carrot Mash: [mashed medium potato, mashed carrots, quark, salt, pepper]

DAY 11 - Monday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Jacket Spud: Medium backed potato, salt

Dinner
------
Egg & Bacon Bap: [6 oz lean gammon steak, dry fried egg, grilled tomato on small bap]
Salad:[cucumber, pepper, onion, balsamic vinegar]

DAY 12 - Tuesday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
Egg & Soldiers: [1 boiled egg, 1 slice wholemeal toast]
Fruit: Half grapefruit with touch of sugar

Lunch
-----
LipoTrim

Dinner
------
Pasta: [4 oz wholemeal fusilli]
Sauce: [1 can tuna, small can tomatoes, onion, garlic, peppers, sweetcorn, tabasco]

DAY 13 - Wednesday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
LipoTrim

Lunch
-----
Caribbean Fish with Rice: [6 oz salt fish, small onion, sweetcorn, chilli pepper, black pepper, balsamic vinegar, tobasco, oregano, thyme, 4 oz brown rice]

Dinner
------
Chicken Kebab: [1 pita, 6 oz chicken, tomatoes, onions, cucumber]
Kebab Sauce: [quark, chilli powder, tabasco, garlic]

DAY 14 - Thursday (DAY 4-7 EQUIVALENT)

Breakfast
---------
Egg & Soldiers: [1 boiled egg, 1 slice wholemeal toast]
Fruit: Half a grapefruit with touch of sugar

Lunch
-----
LipoTrim

Dinner
------
Chicken: [grilled 6 oz chicken breast]
Pasta: [4 oz wholemeal pasta, 2 tbsp peas, garlic, quark, onion, white pepper, lemon juice]

Last edited:
Just had my first Maintenance formulae - the Summer Fruits drink.

I have been used to having the shakes with 450ml of water (man portions :p) and when I read that the summer fruits only has 300ml I was thinking I'd been short changed. I mixed it up anyway in my shaker and it gets a ton of air in it and it actually expands to a large portion (maybe even larger than the shake). I always drink my LT through a straw and it really does take more effort with the Summer Fruits - it seems firmer and more voluminous than the TFR stuff.

The best part is the taste. It is both a nice change of flavour and also a nice flavour in it's own right. It tastes more like the things you would buy in a shop and is how I'd imagine some of those WW mousses and things to taste.

I'm a lot fuller after the maintenance formula tha I ever was with the TFR ones.

Happy days! :)

Last edited:
Wow Mr C you have refeed all worked out. This is my last week on lipotrim & I plan on starting my own refeed next Friday having lost just over 4 stone. I'm going through the refeed section to gain inspiration for compiling my own menu next week. I might have to steal some of your ideas :) I hope it all goes well for you. How was your first meal tonight?

I lost a pound under 4st Liana and that's the reason I decided on a 14 day refeed. I thought it would help keep the weight off and I would be delighted if I actually lost some over the next two weeks. You've done really well there and if I do manage to conjure up something tasty I'll be sure to post it here so that you can decide if you think it's worth trying too.

I've just had my first meal and it left me feeling . . . well, nothing really. I was expecting to be either full or hungry, to have or have not enjoyed it, maybe to have gulped it down or slowly nibbled at it but in truth it just came and went. It wasn't memorable apart from the slight burning sensation from the onion I had.

I was hoping that it would have made more of an impression on me after 3+ months without food but I have to twist this around for a positive and say that maybe it's good that I wasn't really fussed about it in the end. My life shouldn't be just based around a compulsion for food and maybe the LT diet has helped me break that habit. Yeah, I'll put it down to that. ;)

As I said above, the Forest Fruits drink that I had for breakfast was tasty and filling but for lunch I had a maintenance bar. I wasn't at all impressed with that and literally had jaw ache by the time I'd finished eating it. The only plus I could give it was that it tasted better than the LT flapjacks.

I'm still not hungry but I am looking forward to pressing on with my refeed. Let's see what tomorrow brings. :)

well done on your refeed plan I have been maintaining now for about 4 weeks (much to my own surprise lol) and am enjoying the maintanence drinks I think I am going to keep a supply of them for the rest of my life as I do find them a bit of a life saver! wierd how TFR totally reprogrammes your brain with regards to your relationship with food I am loving experimenting with healthy dishes x

I have lost 3lb since reffed and maintanance really happy with that x

Do the maintenance drinks fill you up like the TFR drinks? If they do I wouldn't mind sticking with them for a while too. I like the sound of orange cream - yum. Have you tried the chocolate whip yet? I personally can't wait to have milk again in my hot drinks. I haven't drank tea since I started this diet because I can't stand it black. I wonder if I'll still like it after going without it for so long?

I suppose your first meal might have have been an anti-climax after planning for it for so long. Give it a few days when you have more choices & tastes to enjoy then I'm sure you'll find the food more enjoyable.

I would love to do a 2 week re-feed myself but I have a big family event happening on day 8 which involves going to a 3 course carvery & I know for a fact that this restaurant doesn't exactly cater to healthy eating. I was wondering if I should have 2 maintenance shakes that day & then do the meal. Would that lessen the possible damage of the meal? I would then go back to the re-feed plan on day 9.

Sorry for rambling on, I'm just getting excited (and a little scared) of the thought of eating again. I hope day 2 goes well for you. Make sure you let us know how your getting on

eyesdontlie said:
well done on your refeed plan I have been maintaining now for about 4 weeks (much to my own surprise lol) and am enjoying the maintanence drinks I think I am going to keep a supply of them for the rest of my life as I do find them a bit of a life saver! wierd how TFR totally reprogrammes your brain with regards to your relationship with food I am loving experimenting with healthy dishes x

I have lost 3lb since reffed and maintanance really happy with that x

You sound like re-feed is going extremely well for you eyesdontlie, well done. Do you have a re-feed diary? I could read it for some inspiration on planning my own. Well done on the weight loss too. My pharmacist has warned me that I could gain up to 7lbs on re-feed that's why I've gone a little bit beyond my 4 stone target to allow for that. It's encouraging to know that a gain isn't always the norm.

MrC.....I think I was too excited for my dinner last night!!! I really really enjoyed it! The flavours were amazing!!! Can't believe you weren't so excited!!! That's a pity....after all the waiting!
What's quark? I will be having ur chicken kebab soon too that sounds amazing!!! A proper 'bad' thing lol
How will you make the sauce....please let me know! Any tips on dip things too will be great x

I agree with eyesdontlie about themaintenance drinks. I really think they could be useful in the long-term - in my mind I'm thinking two of those a day plus one meal for a week or two would be easy to do if the weight starts to creep up and it should help get it back down again.

I had the Orange Creme for breakfast and again it really went thick and filled me up. The taste was much better than the TFR shakes but maybe not quite as good as the Summer Fruits I had yesterday. Both those drinks mix a lot better than the TFR formulas did with little mixing and no lumps.

For lunch I had the Chocolate Whip which is made with 250ml of SKIMMED milk. Its recommended that you use an electric mixer but I just used a measuring jug and a hand whisk (they called balloon whisks?). Even doing it that way it didn't take long to mix and it mixed smooth and frothy with no lumps. The 250ml when whisked made 500ml mousse and I left it in the fridge for 30mins after I'd made it. It went really quite firm and was the most filling thing I've had in months, leaving me stuffed. The taste wasn't the greatest but it was more than just a touch better than what we've been used to on the TFR section.

All three of the maintenance 'shakes' (Summer Fruits, Orange Creme, Chocolate Whip) have really bloated me and I'm used to having just 2 large 'mens' portions of LT a day unlike you ladies so I'd imagine you'd be even fuller than they make me.

My dinner this evening was just 6oz of frozen 'white fish' (probably best not knowing! :p) which I baked in the overn. I had a small carrot which I sliced lengthways (julienne?) and about the same amount of green beans. I just nuked those for 5 minutes in the mic. with a drop of water and they were really firm and tasty. A bit of salt and pepper on the fish and my dinner really filled me up and tasted really really nice. Oddly, I never really ate much fish before the diet and I struggle to remember when I enjoyed fish so much.

When I first drew up my plan littleflower I had creme-fraiche in the recipes but I saw that was quite high in fat so I did a Web search looking for a substitute. Quark came up quite a bit and I know I've seen it in the supermarkets before. I'm not sure how it will all work and I may have to use a low fat cream of some sort instead.

I'm just going to do the recipes by trial and error and have no real plan yet. They may work or they may not. I just thought if I minced up a touch of garlic (which I love) with a few splashes of tombasco and a teaspoon of chilli powder then I could mix that into whatever scremy thing I use. I could the put a bit of it on the kebab once I'd made it. I'll probably just sprinkle the chicken with oregano or mixed herbs then dry roast it in the oven.

I'll post any methods I use on here and let people know if they worked or not. As my kitchen is pretty non-existent now I can't really do things that properly and I'll really just be cobbling things together as I go.

It's going to be interesting having the tuna from a tin tomorrow as I normally only ever have it with mayonnaise. There won't be any of that going on so I'm hoping I don't find it too briney and fishy. Ooohhh, the anticipation. :)

"My life shouldn't be just based around a compulsion for food and maybe the LT diet has helped me break that habit. "

That is exactly the light bulb moment we all need to experience! It is only in changing our mental attitude to food that we can achieve successful maintenance of our losses. Regarding food as body fuel is key. We don't fill the petrol tank to overflowing and we should treat our food intake just the same.

Great refeed plan! You should even see continued losses for the next week or two. Keep up the water intake. It really is the best habit you can have learned in your time on TFR.
Your refeed diary will be a great help to everyone.

DAY 3

I had the Vegetable Soup for breakfast today. It wasn't too bad really and again mixed up well - much better than the TFR Chicken Soup ever did. It was a smaller portion for me (300ml) but I still found it quite filling although the colour was a bit off-putting - a strange orange colour! I actually preferred the taste of the chicken soup more but this was still fine, especially after I added a bit of ground black pepper.

I would suggest people shouldn't be put off trying the vegetable soup after having tried and not liked the chicken one as they are really different in both taste and texture.

The tuna I had for lunch was a mixed bag. I broke the tuna up in a dish with ground black pepper, a few dashes of Tabasco sauce and a bit of white balsamic vinegar. I wasn't looking forward to it that much but it did actually taste pretty good. I then finely chopped some red pepper, cucumber and onion and mixed it in with the tuna and then just ate it stright from the dish. I think it was the cucumber that didn't work as the whole thing tasted a bit nasty now. If tinned salmon goes with cucumber then I'm suprised the tuna didn't but next time I'll either leave it out or just have the tuna mix with a tablespoon of sweetcorn instead although I think it might be a little early for sweetcorn to make an appearance in my plan.

I managed to eat the lunch and it was filling and showed potential and I could envisage having it in a pita further down the line. At least I now know I can get tinned tuna down without drowning it with mayonnaise (and I only ever had 'full-fat' mayo as I hate the low-fat equivalents). I still don't think I'd ever want it on a spud without mayo though. :rolleyes:

My dinner was a small, skinless roast chicken breast which I'd dusted with some ground black pepper. I had some of the carrots and green beans with it as I'd previously had with the fish and I have to say I really enjoyed it all this time round. I think the tastebuds are starting to wake up! :)

Three days in and I've had no adverse affects on my stomach or bowels. I imagine the latter will change pattern soon though.

your doing really well, and the menu sounds very yummy too well done! :)

Try some very finely chopped celery instead of the cucumber. I often finely chop mange tout or fine beans and add to a salad or tuna etc.
A nice alternative to mayo is a small teaspoon of hummous, if you like hummous!
Have a good week.

Mr C you are doin so well!!!! I am excited reading your plan and can't wait till i am planning my own. You have been an inspiration throughout luv and i hope you continue to lose throughout your refeed. Congrats!!!! You made it to refeed!!!! XXX

Thanks Pebbles. I'm actually enjoying the refeed and not just because I can eat again. It's the starting with a blank slate that is the best part.

As for the menu LouLouBelle I got a lot of the ideas from your refeed diary and that gave me the base to form my plans. For that I have to say thank YOU. :)

I'm grateful for your ideas too Irish Molly as having any little idea or tip helps. Having an arsenal of them is what will ensure I never end up in this situation again and I'm determined that will be the case.

I have always disliked celery but with the way my tastes have changed over the last few months I really ought to give it another try. The beans are a good idea and I've had pre-packed tuna in tomato sauce before which had things like beans and peppers in it.

I had always considered hummus as a fairly high calorie food with a fair amount of fat too but I've had a check online and while it's not a 'saints' food it does look to be a lot better than the mayonnaise and will be better in other nutrients. I can't remember having had it before (which is strange for me) and I think I will give it a try after my refeed. I like the idea that you can make it yourself quite easily too as I really do want to start preparing more of my food myself rather than having ready made, processed foods.

DAY 4

Breakfast was the Summer Fruits again and I still like it. Definitely my maintenance food of the future should I need to cut back for a week or two.

Lunch was a slight deviation from the plan today. The intention was to have grilled chicken and salad again but as I was out of the house and wouldn't have been able to cook anything until after 6pm I decided to pop into the supermarket instead. I bought some cooked chicken breast (skinless) and a bottle of Tabasco sause and had that instead. I had intended to but a small salad to have with it but the only prepared ones I could get were a bit sorry looking so I didn't bother. I actually enjoyed this chicken and it was good to think that there are ways I can have something small when I'm out and about without stacking up on calories and fat.

Dinner this evening was fish and vegetables again. As I missed my lunchtime vegetables I had an extra spoon of carrots tonight. I had intended putting a slice of lemon in with the fish while it was cooking but I forgot to get any lemons when I was at the supermarket.

Incidently, I did buy the Quark I plan to use later in the week and comparing the nutritional values of it against creme fraiche and 50% reduced fat creme-fraiche I can say it is significantly lower in calories and fat. The only thing I could find that was lower in those stats was the 0% Total Yoghurt but I didn't fancy cooking with that.

For anyone looking for Quark I found it with the cheeses and not with the cream or yoghurts. I'll see if it actually works in my recipes soon.

Hey Mr C I'm still reading your refeed plans to give me ideas for my own starting this Friday :)

I was wondering why you haven't been eating tomatoes. Do you not like them? According to the refeed info sheet my pharmacy have given me you can have them from day 1 but no-one here seems to have eaten them & they weren't listed on the 7 day refeed plan sticky thread in this section. I'm worried that I have an out of date info pack. If I do I'll be gutted because I'm really looking forward to eating some

I love tomatoes. I was thinking of adding them to my refeed but I was trying to stay clear of fruit until I was maintaining. I just figured that they are more 'fruity' then 'veggie' so I'm only having them on the chicken kebabs.

Saying that I was going to have piccalilli on my sandwiches but when I went shopping today I had a read of the labels and decided on this Heinz Tangy Tomato one as it was lowest in fat and calories: Heinz - Sauces - Spreads and Pickles - Heinz Tangy Tomato Pickle

I am steering clear of beetroot on the same basis, even though I have a craving for some.

MrC you are doing great! Your tips are amazing! I hate celery too and love tomatoes but have been avoiding then cos of the 'fruit' thing!
Love piccalilli too....so thanks for researching the lower cal kind!!!! :D
Loving your pic...nice image of u going to the loo :p

Irish Molly...your advise is fab too.....can we have hummus....i love this but always thought it was too fattening! Is there a particular brand??? i love dipping carrot sticks into this! I'm excited!!! lol

Back