Mrs A's Diary

Oh Dear, Mrs A!! What a shame that you are finding it difficult to keep on track..
I wonder if you are another one who considers it an "all or nothing" type regime... not a good idea.
Try to be a bit kinder to yourself and not expect to be totally strict every day, bound to be a real stumbling block from the word go.

I think you have done well so far and especially with your dad being in hospital and hubby away.
Don't despair and keep going....
Take care...:)

thanks for the support xxx

i've not weighed this week cos i'm not at home but i will put in a 1lb loss cos i know i haven't been particularly good this week :sigh:

this is gonna be a hard weekend for me.

daughter and family coming to us this weekend and a big barbecue planned :rolleyes:

how will i manage to avoid eating lovely greasy food :sigh:

i've bought the chicken and salads and baked potatoes for me but i just know i am gonna fall off my perch.

i will just have to be extra good for the rest of the week cos i am not going to deprive myself of a good night once in a while ;);)

dont deprive yourself, its the worst thing you can do. If your really tempted just have a little bit and enjoy it. You cant stay away from these things all the time, you have to learn how to work these things in to your new lifestyle!! So enjoy and dont feel guilty!!

Hi Mrs A, I've just spent the last 15 minutes reading over your diary and just wanted to say well done so far, and I hope your dad is home from hospital soon! I agree with Rach, we all need to figure out a way to incorporate events such as BBQs and meals out into our new lifestyle, because they're going to happen whether we want them to or not! It's fine to enjoy a treat every now and again. Don't dwell on the one bad meal you have, be happy with the 20 healthy meals you have that week! That's how I cope with it :) Enjoy the BBQ, hope the weather is nice for you, and make sure to eat plenty of salad! :)

thanks girls - you are so lovely and understanding :D

it rained this morning and i thought we would have to have it indoors but the sun came out about 4 oclock and by 6 it was just perfect. :)

i enjoyed the barbie very much , did eat some things i havent tasted for ages but didnt go overboard :D

it is so true that we have to allow for such events - life isnt gonna stop just cos i'm changing my eating habits !!!

hope you have all had a good weekend :)

Yes, you're exactly right. There's always going to be special occasions and holidays and such, we can't just avoid them forever! It's all about making the right choices and enjoying yourself! Sounds like you had a lovely day :)

lost another 3 lbs :D

i think 1 bad day does you good - makes you be extra good for the next six ;)

found a couple of really good buys in tesco yesterday which should make my salads much tastier.

tesco lighter than light mayonnaise fat 5.5 :D
i couldn't believe just how much fat was in the dressings lurking in my fridge :eek:

also found Tiger Tiger Thai red salad dressing Fat 0.1 :D

should make barbecue days nicer for me ;)

Well done on the 3lbs lost! You're doing great, keep it up :)

so i need to lose 7 lb in 4 weeks and that'll be 2 stone when i see the doctor - 3 months on the pills.:wow:

should be able to do that easily - these pills have been just the kick up the bum i needed:D

can't quite believe how i have managed it - just sad that i didnt have the nerve to ask for them years ago :sigh:

i know i haven't done as well as you youngsters but i have to say i am over the moon with how i am doing.

You can easily achieve 7lbs in 4 weeks! 2 stone in three months will be fantastic :) Slow and steady wins the race! :)

hiya everyone :)

dad got home from hospital yesterday so it has been a bit manic:rolleyes:

he is happy so all is well in my world.

i asked what he would like for dinner and he said liver and onions yuk - i've never made that for 20 years :eek:

he enjoyed it - hope he doesnt ask for it again for quite some time.
carers are going in for now and helping with his meals .
so - maybe i can get back into a normal way of life soon.
had a weight watcher meal tonight and it was okay.
been starving all day today but not eating at proper mealtimes so my own fault.:sigh:

i'm really looking for something to spread on a ccracker - any suggestions girls.

really wanting a good munch of something savoury - cream crackers and cheese - havent had cheese since i started my diet ;)

hope you are all winners this week :D

That's great news about your dad! You must be thrilled :) You need to look after yourself too though! Try not to skip meals, it's not good for you :(

How about soft cheese like Philadelphia for the crackers? It's lower in fat than regular cheese, and just as yummy! :)

thanks for the encouragement Emma. :D

i got some laughing cow yesterday so i'll give that a go;)

Let us know how you get on with them! I love cheese so it's nice to still be able to have a few different types. Laughing cow and low fat soft cheese is great for my cheese cravings :)

Yeah I use Tesco's low fat soft cheese, it's much cheaper, and healthier too! :)

only 1 lb loss this week :sigh:

had a few too many vodkas last night so may be fluid :eek:

we were having an unwind night and i really enjoyed it after all the comings and goings this week ;)

must do much better next week................

A loss is still a loss! :D You're going in the right direction, keep it up! :)

Back