Mrs A's Diary

mrs a

fat,frumpy,fed up
hi all.
not sure if this is the correct place to be so please shout if i am posting in the wrong place !!

i've been given Zenical cos i have to have a hernia operation but must lost some weight.

i've to see the surgeon in 3 months time and hope to lose a bit before then .
she gave me 6 months to lose weight last may and when i saw her in november i was 1 kilo heavier !!!
so i must do it this time :eek:
i'm a bit frightened of these Zenical so could use some help to get me started - don't have any incontinent knickers so have to be good :eek:

welcome mrs A. Firstly dont be frightened at all, these tablets are to help you. If you stick to the rules you will do perfectly. Stick to no more than 5g fat per 100g of food, you will see this on nutrition labels!! Maximum af 45g fat spread through out the day, some use 15g per meal, but i like to use some of it for snacks during the day!! Make sure you use up as close to your daily calories as you can!! If you want ideas go onto some of the girls diaries, you can look at mine if you want the link to mine is at the bottom of this post!!

Good luck and if you have any more question someone on here will be able to help you, everyone is so helpful and encouraging.

Hello Mrs A :)

You are in the right place :)

Don't be scared - just watch the fat content in your food is all :)

you'll be fine :) - and if you follow what instructions the doctors have given you you will do great :)

I drink a lot of water - make sure you drink warm water if the weather is warm where you are or cool water if its cool/cold there - it makes your body work/burn more calories that way!

also green tea is great as it helps burn fat - here I drink a green tea called Extra Strength Fat Burner Tea - so that could help as well :)

let us know if you have any questions :)

thanks for looking out for me xxx
dont really understand the bit about if you dont eat fat dont take the pill. ??

if i'm not eating fat what is the pill doing inside me ??

bit scared i overdo it and go into starvation mode and lose nothing!!

am i supposed to be counting calories too ??
i went onto a calorie counting site someone recommended and it said that my vegetables counted as 300 calories !!! so now i'm even more confused.

sorry - just putting down my thoughts and hoping someone will understand how i feel and give me some answers.

i so need this to work ..................

this is my day 3 food diary.

breakfast .............small bowl of malties/s skimmed milk
1 coffee with s/sk milk
lunch ...................
1+1/2 slices of wholemeal bread toasted with 2 spoons of spaghetti - NO BUTTER
muller light and banana
1 coffee with s/sk milk

snack .................
2 cream crackers small amount of sandwich spread- NO BUTTER

DINNER.................
1/2 Pkt of Savoury Rice
small breast of chicken poached in water with 1/2 chicken cube

am drinking lots of water and weeing lots ;)

no side effects with the pills other than wind :eek:

hope i am not overdoing the calories cos i have no exercises i am able to do.:sigh:

funny day today.
felt a lot better about the food
am convincing myself that the only things i am being deprived of are the naughty foods - i'm not starving for gawds sake !!!
breakfast... wheaties and s/sk milk
lunch........ 3 ryvitas and sliver of sandwich spread and tomato
snack..........muller light and banana
dinner..........blueberry wheats/s/sk milk :eek::eek:
snack..........blueberry wheats etc

didnt have time to prepare dinner tonite so not good - BUT no bad things either.
must have loads of vegetables tomorrow
going for a shop tomorrow
what a shocker when looking around my food cupboards looking for food with 5%fat per 100g. - not a lot :eek:
looked at a pack of savoury cheesy biscuits 37 Fat per 100g:eek:
threw them in the bin.

day 5
went shopping today and spent a fortune and couldn't believe the fat content in some of the foods i looked at.
stocked up on veg, yogis , savoury rice, pasta sauce and dried soups.
bought low fat cheese spread and low fat salad cream to use instead of butter :rolleyes:.
my food today has been rubbish again but still keeping to non fat.
breakfast wheaties and semi milk
same for lunch :eek:
dinner savoury rice - curry flavour - very nice
snacks muller light and banana
eat smart raspberry fruit bar
1 vodka and bottle of diet coke

will make soup tomorrow to get my veg intake up

haven't felt hungry at all today but do have sore head.

do hope i am losing weight :sigh::sigh:

A sore head can be a symptom of the pills, but it will soon go!! Your food sounds fine again for today, the first time i did my healthy shop i spent loads, i have now managed to reduce the cost, thank god lol!! I use the extra light mayo, thats great also!!

I tend to make soups to get my veg intake up as i dont really like veg so i blitz it up and have it that way!!

I am sure you will be losing weight, just try not to worry, as that can lead your body to store fat!!, Whens your weigh in day?

i started last saturday so i will weigh on sat :eek:

not sure whether to join a club just for the weigh in ???

dont think it is the same just weighing myself at home and wouldnt dare go to a chemist to get weighed :eek:

can i ask you rachel
if it is low fat can you still overdo it on calories ???

everyone seems to do it different, one of the girls on here lost loads of weight i think more than half a body weight, Pinkpunkstarr her name is and she said she only counted the fat, never bothered with the calories at all!! I like to keep an eye on my calories, but i think its whatever works for ourselves!! You could try just looking at the fat for a while and see how you go, and if it doesnt work then count calories too, the choice is yours hun!!

I wont weigh myself in the chemist either, i weigh myself at home, then once a month at the doctors!! Can you afford to pay the fee at a slimming club? If you can and you think it would keep you on track then do so!! :D :D

only thing about going to a club i would feel a bit of a cheat cos i wouldn't admit to them that i am on pills.................:eek::eek:

dont feel a cheat at all, i have spoken to others on here who have gone to slimming clubs and never told them about the tablets, but if you want to tell just the leader if that would make you feel better, i dont think there should be a problem! Your doing this for your health, and thats what is important.

i find the scales in boots are really acurate and they do ur height and body fat for 70p, i dont have scales at uni so i pop into boots, the scales are always near the pharmacy bit and usually tucked away in a corner somewhere so its not too bad. i seem to be just looking at the fat content at the min, my fitness pal takes care of the calories and adds them up for you :)

i know someone who just goes down to the doctors in the village i live in and asks to use the scales in the nurses office

i might just phone the doctors surgery and see if they allowpatients in to get weighed ;)

Last edited:
another good day - cant believe i am not climbing the walls for something i shouldn't eat :rolleyes:

breakfast wheaties and s/s milk
lunch 1 1/2 slices of toast and half tin of sp. bog
dinner 1 toasted wholemeal pitta bread with tomato and coleslaw
muller light and banana

snacks 1 eat smart bar

maybe too much bread today ....

must do vegetables tomorrow !!!

sounds good mrs a! keep it up. i had far to much bread yesterday too ooops!

which spag bol do you have? cos i love heinz but wasnt sure if it was allowed.

and whats an eat smart bar? sounds nice

Back