MRS CD 2013 Onwards...

CaledoniaDreaming

Silver Member
Well...

Have plucked up the courage to come back. I lost my mother, brother & sister in a car accident last year and when I finally weighed myself on Boxing Day I had piled 3 and a half stone on grief-eating in just 4 months. I've been back Dukan-ing since then but have found it very hard and keep coming off - some days I am so lonely still even though I have my gorgeous hubby and children and I comfort eat. I've managed to lose 2 stone 3lbs since Christmas and have 1stone 4 still to go, am v determined to try and keep focused. It's a very odd feeling not having any living relatives apart from the kids, especially as I live in a different country to where I grew up as well, and I think it is going to take a long time to get used to.

So, today was a PP:
B - Scrambled eggs
L - Mocha muffin with yoghurt icing decorated with coffee-beans (best bit of the day :D)
D - Home-made burger, Stewed rhubarb

Losing your family like that is awful, its understandable that you turned to food for comfort, you have your hubby and kids to love you and support you now.

You have done well getting off some of the extra weight and im sure that last bit will come off quick with Dr dukan's plan xx

Thanks, I'm definitely not going to beat myself up about the weight-gain, I'm focusing on my family and my health and taking each day one at a time as I have been very low indeed. I know that I feel better at 10 stone, I also know I feel better following Dukan, I just need to have the strength not to drink wine & eat pizza (my downfalls!)

Welcome back, CD.

You've been through such a tragedy, it's no wonder you turned to something/anything for some small comfort.

Well done for jumping back on the Dukan bus and ditching the pizza and wine (sigh ;)). Tickets please and hold on tight, let's do this!

TOOT TOOT! :D

P x

Oh CD here is me so excited your back and then I read your post.

I am so sorry CD you are coping with such sadness. My heart goes out to you love & your lovely family. X

Oh MRS CD WE HAVE MISSED YOU!!!! Look on here and see how much - wasn't long ago that your name was on our posts........ I read your post with such delight and then such sadness I think I am in a bit of shock...... On here we feel like we have a cyber family and you were and are a part of that family.... I can only imagine your sadness and grief CD, be kind to yourself, your focus is mind blowing and has put my few negative thoughts right into perspective.... PLEASE keep posting - we are here for you, my progress since target has been decidedly dodgy so a few days off the wagon here and there is nowt! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx SOOOOO HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU x

CD, like Trudy I rushed to your diary with great excitement, only to read your ghastly news. That must have been absolutely shattering for you. I'm so sorry.

You've done incredibly well to shed over 2 stone again since Christmas. No-one else, after spectacularly falling off the Dukan wagon (though it doesn't feel right calling it that in your circumstances) has lost the weight again so effectively. I absolutely recognise the iron will you displayed getting to tw and much lower the first time. Very well done and, well, onwards and downwards as we say around here! xx

What an unimaginable tragedy, puts things into perspective for the rest of us dealing with our ups and downs. You've done unbelievably well to drop so much of the regained weight and I'm sure you'll have the rest off in no time. We must cling to our families and loved ones, our time here is indeed short. Lovely bunch here to get us through :)

Thanks for the lovely support everyone - it really does help - I should have come back earlier, wanted to months ago but didn't have the wherewithal to actually write the sad words I needed to. It's very hard in "real" life as people don't know what to say and end up being uncomfortable so as I don't want to make anyone uncomfortable I tend to keep quiet about how alone I feel at times, I just have to get used to it and focus on how lucky I am to have my hubby and kids. Find it quite hard to see my husband's family these days as it rubs it in what I don't have if that makes sense? But then I feel even more detached from everyone. The support on here is definitely what I need - felt much brighter today now that I know how you all are!!!

Today has been a good PV but even straight after my delicious dinner (and I had loads) I wanted to eat carbs - black forest gateaux in particular but really anything would do LOL. Think I need a full month without any little slips and doing that should stop the cravings - I found it so much easier last year???

Today PV:
B - Soya yoghurt with praline flavouring
S - Mocha muffin
L - Bacon,eggs, mushroom & tomato
D - Thai red curry with cauliflower rice

CD, I missed this diary yesterday and like all the other girls I was so happy and pleased to see you back on the boards xxx What an horrendous accident, Tragic....cant find the words to express what Id like to say so I'm just sending you a massive hug xxx

Remember this forum is about our weight and the issues that bring us to gain, diet and then use food as our crutch. Post hear when you need to talk and scream. So wish you had come back sooner to vent lifes cruel twists and turns. You keep strong and going for your beautiful children xxx and great losses since xmas xxx

Today PP:
B - Stewed rhubarb with wee bit of yoghurt
S - Muffin
L - Home-made chiliburger
D - Tuna, rest of yoghurt
S - Hot milk

I hate PP days!!!
Hubby working late tonight and kids watching a film before bed so think I'll have an early night - have had a cold for the last month but when I went to the doc yesterday was told it was a chest infection, a throat infection & sinusitis rolled into one! Yuck, two weeks worth of antibiotics as well. On a positive note, my MIL taking the 8 year old to her riding lesson in the morning so I don't have to get everyone dressed, we'll have a pyjama day as the weather is vile. Role on tomorrow's PV!

That sounds a right nasty infection! For sure you need to take care of that. I'll blow some sunny weather up your way, we've got 26 degrees and nary a cloud to be seen. :)

OMG that weather sounds amazing, very very jealous!

Ugh, sick 8 year old on asleep on settee next to me - hope this doesn't mean the whole lot of us are going to get ill :(.
No school her tomorrow!

Today's PV has been good, I've enjoyed the food, eaten LOADS at dinner but wish I had something now - if DH was here I'd send him out to get some Total but unfortunately he's working tonight. Roll on breakfast time :D.

Today's PV:
B - Mocha muffin
L - Tuna "roll" and salad
D - Spag Bol (shiritaki noodles, toms, stock, mushrooms, pepper, onion,celery), Jelly

Tomorrow's PP:
B - Scrambled eggs
L - Tuna
D - Homemade chiliburger with "roll"
S - Rhubarb & Ginger muffin

CD, is Mr CD still at tw???

Nah, he always eats in sympathy/empathy with me - he has lost loads since Christmas though, still has about 1 stone 7lbs still to lose. I'm the one who has to be strong-willed for both of us as he likes his cheesecake a LOT! He does cycle to work every day so he is definitely much fitter than before. The good thing is that we are both eating the same which makes it a lot easier to prepare things!

Oops, instead of binge eating I've been binge Amazoning :eek:

Back