MRS CD 2013 Onwards...

Did 8 year old make it into school today? Anyone else fallen by the wayside? I hope all's well, CD xx

Thanks Sara, no I kept her off today so she didn't spread it around to the rest of the school! She was really worried that she might have to miss tomorrow as she has to go to the City Chambers and pick up an Award and is very excited, she even stood watching me earlier whilst I was ironing her school kilt to make sure it perfect! My other two wee ones are getting a bad cold though, I'm concerned it's the same virus that has wiped me out - my boy is coughing and spluttering and has had to miss shinty tonight so is rather woebegone.
Am just in the middle of baking muffins and am just about to start my first home-made yoghurt in my new slow-cooker, very excited (sad, I know but hey ho). Actually read all 16 pages in the yoghurt thread last week so hope I've got the gist!

...................whats shinty??????????????

...................whats shinty??????????????

It's like hockey but you can pick up the ball on the end of the stick and bash it through the air and another player can catch it on their stick or let it go to the ground, pretty tough game, gives my wee boy a chance to run around like crazy and bash things with a stick - he loves it :D.

I think most boys love to run around bashing things with a big stick and even better not get told off lol Hope they are all well soon, poorly kids are a worry x

Hey CD, catching up and oh my what a time you've had of it. So sorry to hear your news hunni.

Well done on getting back on Dukan and getting your weight back down, so proud of you.

Yogurt..........how's it going. I make at least two pots a week (and I mean crock pots, not yogurt pots LOL). I even have a cheat now. I don't even switch on the crock pot anymore. I heat the milk for 15mins in the microwave on 600W, let it cool for two hours, add the live yogurt and skim milk powder and leave over night. The longer you leave it the thicker it gets........although I have noticed after about 10 hours it doesn't really get any thicker than that. I don't drain mine though, I just give it a right good stir before putting into two old yogurt tubs and putting in the fridge. I found if I drained it I only got one pot out of it, and that kind of defeated the cost objective for me. Let us know how you get on,

You sound so in the zone Mrs CD - it is great to read....... Hope little ones don't get too ill and 8 year old is well enough to collect her award! Enjoy your yoghurt!!! x

THE YOGHURT WAS AMAZING!!

Yes, I want to shout about it to the world - my daughter (who is on her Uni holidays and bored) accused me of getting obsessed with yoghurt LOL! The cost difference between home-made and shop-bought is incredible (I love a bargain!) and the taste was lovely. I didn't strain it as I was making soya yoghurt which is usually quite runny anyway. It was creamy and delicious and interestingly enough my three youngest kids, who don't usually like natural yoghurt at all, thoroughly enjoyed it too - bonus. So, because of that...or because I'm obsessed...another pot is being cooked tonight!! I have a large family and this is a great way to get my boy some protein that isn't cheese so I am very happy.

Very glad my daughter didn't see me set my alarm for 1am and lovingly wrap the slow-cooker in my nicest fur throw, she'd have rolled her eyes for sure :eek:

It is hilarious what floats our boat on Dukan!!!!!!!! LOL! Get cooking that yoghurt lovely whatever works I say!!! xxxx

THE YOGHURT WAS AMAZING!!

Yes, I want to shout about it to the world - my daughter (who is on her Uni holidays and bored) accused me of getting obsessed with yoghurt LOL! The cost difference between home-made and shop-bought is incredible (I love a bargain!) and the taste was lovely. I didn't strain it as I was making soya yoghurt which is usually quite runny anyway. It was creamy and delicious and interestingly enough my three youngest kids, who don't usually like natural yoghurt at all, thoroughly enjoyed it too - bonus. So, because of that...or because I'm obsessed...another pot is being cooked tonight!! I have a large family and this is a great way to get my boy some protein that isn't cheese so I am very happy.

Very glad my daughter didn't see me set my alarm for 1am and lovingly wrap the slow-cooker in my nicest fur throw, she'd have rolled her eyes for sure :eek:

Oh I had to laugh at this, timers are great LOL. I have clicked now that I have to start mine at 7 o'clock morning or night. That way with the two hours cooling and 10 hours setting I can decant into tubs at 7 the next half of day. I quite often do it at night time so its ready for next morning and the covered pot isn't in the way on the work top. Try heating it in the microwave and save yourself 3 hours LOL.

I find it less tart than shop bought, it seems smoother too. Make sure to save some from your current batch as your starter live yogurt for the next batch. I don't share mine LOL, its all mine!!!!!!

I buy Aldi UHT red milk, 53p a litre carton, gets me two tubs which are 55p each at asda, so already I have saved 57p. Result.

Just to add that I can't wait to start being allowed to add fruit to it, little pieces of grated apple, or mushed up strawberries, yum..

Hope you've had a good day cd xxx

Not been on for a couple of days as DH was writing his last essay of his degree, that's it complete after a long time but working full-time and doing degree in spare (!) time v hard so I am v v proud. Looks like he'll be getting a First too!
So, still being good Dukan-wise - having a couple of PP days in a row as am going to try and get over my TOTM this month without coming off the diet but instead allowing myself to have a couple of extra veg days and maybe extra yoghurt. Even if I don't lose weight in the next 10 days it wont be an unhealthy binge that leaves me heavier and demoralised. I hope I can do it!

Yoghurt is still brilliant - leaving it for 9 hours now and it is Greek-style Soya yoghurt and is AMAZING. Just got to get into the swing of buying more milk than usual - keep forgetting and am gutted tonight that I wont have any for breakfast tomorrow! Taking the kids out of Glasgow tomorrow so should be fun. Yesterday spent the evening with a friend who can't see that her partner of 4 years is mentally abusing her, her confidence is at an all time low and the excuses for his behaviour are difficult to hear. All I can do is listen and support and talk about positive, equal relationships but v hard. I am incredibly lucky to have Mr CD.

Yesterday PV
B - Yoghurt & stewed rhubarb
L - Mushroom Omelette & Salad
S - Mocha muffin
D - Quorn & Veg Chilli with cauliflower rice

Today PP
B - Yoghurt & toasted wheatbran
S - Chocolate & Hazlenut muffin
L - Tuna & Boiled eggs
D - Homemade burger

Back