MRS CD 2013 Onwards...

Lovely food and a great positive attitude to the next couple for weeks, well done hunni. Sounds like you got the yogurt making clicked now, good for you. I buy Aldi long life UHT skimmed milk. Its handy to have a few in and they don't need to go in the fridge LOL. xx

Ugh, yucky weather and 4 year old with throat infection, Mr CD been called in to work on his day off and I worked last night so haven't slept since Saturday night and am shattered! Kids have cabin fever, wish someone would design a hamster wheel for 5 year old boys! Have been over-generous with yoghurt and cream cheese last couple of days so not expecting much scales-wise but proud that I'm not carb-binging as I really want to. Tomorrow back to being v good :)

Today's PV:
B - Rather a lot of Total :eek:
S - Chocolate muffin
L - Pumpkin cheesecake :D
D - Quorn stir-fry

Tomorrow PP (MUST STICK TO THIS!!)
B - Home-made soya yoghurt
S - Muffin
L - Scrambled eggs
D - Roast chicken, stewed rhubarb

We all have days were we have too much, just keep telling yourself tomorrow, that its a good Dukan day, and don't let the yogurt scream at you LOL

Why do I hate PP days SO much this year? Am very tired due to my chest infection, maybe that's why? Mr CD went fishing today so I cooked him a plate of bacon and eggs before he went, I was very good and just stuck to my scrambled eggs! Am going to go and buy the biggest chicken I can find this afternoon and eat, eat, eat :D. Also upping my water intake - have a jug in the fridge with a couple of lemon slices in and plan to finish that as well as usual drinks - might help how bloated and heavy I feel. Might have a word with a friend who is a herbalist to see what she recommends for water retention.

Keep going CD don't give into the carb demons - if anyone can do this you can.... Isn't the weather just awful? Flippin freezing too! I am sooo cold - thankfully the office is nice and warm but the school is not!!! LOL! Hard to have suggestions for cabin fever but typical that the weather is awful when it is half term..... WHY! You usually have a wealth of activities up your sleeve for them so I am sure you can keep them occupied!!! How about some cooking with them? Stuff they can decorate etc??? Ben is right into board games atm so any of those would make him happy!!!! LOL! xxx

I don't think I've managed 1 full pp day yet this time around! I've actually quit struggling with it, resigned myself to all pv days. Some days I have more veg than others but it's still more or less pv all the way. It's like my brain has just put up a wall and said 'we're not going there'! On the other hand I feel great that I'm able to resist the carbs, for me that's much worse than having veg every day :) Hang in there!

Thanks for the support y'all :)
Agree, much better to turn a PP into a PV if I'm struggling rather than give in and scoff cheesecake - need to focus on the fact that low-carb for me is about eating healthier not just losing weight. You can get obsessed with losing weight and lose sight of what is actually important for your long-term health. I find I'm much grumpier on PP days than I am on PV days, just want to snap at everyone and go to bed!
Anyway, a quick update on yomorrow's PV menu then bath, yoghurt-swaddling and that's me done for the day.

Tomorrow's PV
B - Hazelnut yoghurt
S - Cocoa/coconut muffin (hoping I can imagine it is a Bounty :D)
L - Omelette & salad
D - Fish, spinach, mushrooms, celeriac chips followed by pumpkin cheesecake!

celeriac chips!!! Its been mentioned a few times by a few people. How do you make them. xx

celeriac chips!!! Its been mentioned a few times by a few people. How do you make them. xx

Peel a celeriac slice into chip shapes (or cube it, Mr CD does this and works really well), spray roasting pan with oil and heat, put slices in pan sprinkled with salt and paprika, cook for 40min approx. at 180-200C depending on how crispy you want them. Next time I do them am going to try leaving peel on to eat as well, like I do with BNS

Tha mi uabhasach sgith agus tha an t-acras orm.
(I am very tired and hungry)

Need to practice my gaelic, have somehow found myself agreeing to talk to 200 new parents at the kids' school tomorrow about my experiences of gaelic education seeing as I am a learner myself. Very nervous.

Today is a PP day :(, last thing I needed after I spent yesterday evening at the Children's Hospital as my boy needed 5 stitches in his head following a fall. His sister had hysterics when she saw all the blood, I felt like having them too but obviously had to keep calm and deal with it. Then kept checking on him in the night so exhausted. He's happy though and is back to whirling around like a mad dervish. I am exhausted!! We weigh ourselves on the 1st so I've really got my fingers crossed that there has been a weight-loss this month, any at all would be great as we had one evening's "slip-up" earlier in the month.

Tomorrow (an extra PP before weigh-in Sat)
B - Home-made hazelnut soya yoghurt
L - Rhubarb & Ginger muffin
D - Chilli & shiritaki noodles

hope the wee man is fine this morning CD - the joys of having children eh?

Good luck with the Gaelic talk CD no way would I agree to standing in front of 200 people you are very brave!

And of course fingers crossed for a good weigh in tomorrow :)

I DID IT!!!

OMG, I was so, so nervous it was awful and spent the entire day beforehand going over and over my gaelic, actually standing there in front of this sea of faces I nearly froze, couldn't remember anything but took a deep breath and did it! A friend said I looked very nervous at the beginning but that I have a good public-speaking voice. I'm very proud of myself as I really did NOT want to do it. Really drained from the nerves though!

My boy is fine, back to scaring me in the park after school, he is so agile and fit - like a whippet - and his climbing is crazy.
My youngest daughter had her first induction day in primary school today, she starts in August. She loved it and happily went in holding her best friend's hand! I've worked it out and for the last seventeen years I have had at least one child below school-age constantly, in fact at one point I had three children under school age! I won't know what to do with myself on the first day of peace :eek::cry:

Tomorrow monthly weigh-in eek...

GOOD LUCK for tomorrows weigh in. Really hope its a good one for you xx

Well done on the public speaking CD (I'm with Chris and Cheese on that one, nightmare scenario!), glad son is okay and ... come on gal ... what's the weigh-in news?! :D P x

Well, from the 1st of May to the 1st of June, with one rather naughty night off-dukan in the middle of it, I have lost 7lbs and Mr CD 4lbs! Really pleased, though don't quite see why he's only lost 4 as he does much more exercise than I do (he cycles to work!). Considering we had the "blip" mid-month I'm really chuffed and we are determined to manage the next month without any such blips ;). If we are struggling then we will either have a PV day rather than a PP, have extra yoghurt or have an extra portion of oatbran (in muffin form!) - these might reduce weight loss but they are much healthier than binging on saturated fats and sugars.

Today has been the school summer fayre so it's turned into a PP as we ran out of food preparation time - Mr CD had to go to work at 3pm. That's been 3 PPs in a row but they haven't been too bad - the homemade soya yoghurt really makes a difference to our breakfasts as the protein content is quite high so it is filling. Also, not my starving-hungry part of the month, which makes a big difference. Tomorrow is also rushed as we have a children's party to take two of them to, a riding lesson for the 8 year old and Mr CD will be at work again in the evening :(. Will have to find time to make him a nice chilli, that's his favourite. Tonight I need to seriously housework as the MIL coming round tomorrow and house is bombsite...yet again...I'm just v weary.

Woop woop! Half a stone in a month! That's the perfect rate to be losing at. At that rate, a couple more months and you'll be there. Any faster and you're in crash diet territory - fun at the time but much harder to keep the weight off. You must be thrilled. Sounds like you need to take your own advice and find some you-time though xxx

Back