MRS CD 2013 Onwards...

School disco this evening - managed to persuade Mr CD to take them so I've had a relaxing evening colouring-in and cuddling with the 4 year old, she's pretty tired as she had her Sport's Day today. She won the "Big Girls Who Are Starting School" Running Race and got a medal!

Anyway, my Dukan news:
Today good PP, managed to have a muffin at breakfast then nothing till dinner but then had a large quantity of home-made burger so feel okay! Also with our burgers we had Dukan Smoothies!! Unsweetened soya milk blitzed in the blender with loads of ice, liquid sweetener and butterscotch flavouring! Very refreshing on such a hot day, going to have coconut ones tomorrow and try to imagine I'm having a rum cocktail:D

Tomorrow PV:
B - Yoghurt
L - Tuna Salad
S - Muffin
D - Chilli & Cauliflower rice, Coconut smoothie

On your recommendation I have soya milk and yoghurt working its magic so I have thick yoghurt tomorrow ..... hope so anyway :) thanks for the great post re: cheese & cheesecake going to have a go at that too. So glad your back Mrs X

DNSF - I put all my whey in my next batch of muffins!! Keep meaning to check whether you can freeze it as I hate waste; you can swap the milk in any recipe for whey, am also thinking of adding it to the kid's smoothies. I've been using the yeo valley green yoghurt to mix with the unsweetened milk, or a tbsp. of a previously made up batch. Want it to reliably work as the one morning it failed I was gutted at 7am! Have just been straining yoghurt with no weight on it to make the cheese and it is soft cheese consistency - approx. 300ml of whey comes out of a litre. Then I make cheesecake by mixing the "cheese" with 3 eggs, liquid sweetener and flavouring, pour in an ovenproof dish and bake for approx. 30-45min at 160-170C. On Sunday I'm going to make pumpkin cheesecake by adding a tin of pumpkin and nutmeg/cinnamon, also want to make a rhubarb cheesecake. You could also bake in individual ramekins. Lemon works well too.

Ahhh I see. I don't really make my muffins with milk, its fromage frais and skim milk powder. What recipe do you use hun none of my muffin recipes use milk. they are all yogurt or quark.

I must admit I thought you had to use soya yogurt with soya milk, am pleased to hear that's not strictly so....going to buy some soya yogurt next time I go shopping.

thanks hun xx

re: colouring in xxx I love it xxx

Well, that's it, after a lot of discussion and a lot of research Mr CD and I are going paleo. I can't cope with the PPs anymore and we are both at an ok weight now so want to concentrate on long-term health and weight loss might be slower but I know we'll get there in the end. Dukan is incredible, I got my confidence and self-esteem back after losing so much weight and for that I will always be a Dukan advocate but we both feel paleo is right for us. I'll still hang around here as the support we give and receive is incredible and thank you to all my dukan minimin friends xxxxx

Awwww CD, don't disappear keep popping in and hope your new path is a good, smooth and comfortable ride xxx

What sid said, CD well done on making a very difficult decision. You have obv put a massive amount of thought into it, so I hope it goes swimmingly for you x

LOL I'm still here - have definitely learnt that I need Minimins! Have had two days of paleo eating so far, feels naughty to have fruit :eek::D. Have first batch of coconut milk yoghurt in the slow cooker, hope it works! Have had to buy some bacteria :)rolleyes:) as can't use a dairy starter anymore so we shall see.

Always ment to ask is that your dog on your avitar ? Xxx

Good luck on the paleo, hope it works out ok for you both, keep popping in when you can x

Ohhh big news CD, hope paleo works for you.... Sure it will! Don't disappear from here though!!!! Meant to ask did u buy normal soya milk on dukan? I got some today that is just soya and water with similar fat content to semi skimmed milk! Do u think it is dukan friendly? X

I applaud your decision... (but what is paleo?)
x

CD

Paleo and 'clean eating' (what I is doing (but not whilst in an all-inclusive holiday, obviously!! ;)) have many similarities.

Hope you and Mr CD enjoy it :D

P x

CD

Paleo and 'clean eating' (what I is doing (but not whilst in an all-inclusive holiday, obviously!! ;)) have many similarities.

Hope you and Mr CD enjoy it :D

P x

That's interesting P, I'll look "clean eating" up x

Just catching up here, good choice to go paleo or clean, but stay here with us on the boards at least, would hate to lose you now I've just found you! I think paleo isn't for me because I love dairy and don't know I could go without, but otherwise I think the system is sound. Good luck with it and keep us posted, for sure don't disappear!

Am still getting used to paleo - got to be careful not to overeat on scrummy nuts and seeds LOL. Have done 5 days now, definitely less grumpy as I can have veg every day :D. I feel that I am keeping Mr CD & I as healthy as I can and promoting this to the children so I'm happy. Today's menu (just to tease!): scrambled egg on flaxmeal toast, tuna salad (with pear in it!), Chicken with roasted peppers, mushrooms, neep chips, 2 x banana pancakes (small), 2 x prune, almond, coconut & goji berry protein balls. All natural foods, lots of water too. The thing I'm struggling with the most is having no diet coke or irn bru, just sparkling water if I want some fizz. Definitely miss it at the minute!
Tomorrow my 8 year old is in a Glasgow-wide singing competiton (in gaelic) as well as a story-telling competition so will be out all day. Paleo is easy as I can just have an apple in my bag, maybe a protein ball too. Wonder whether I will have lost any weight at all this month when I weigh on the first? Probably not what with the changeover - just have to focus on what I'm trying to achieve.

Back