Mrs Jeffery's weight loss mission

Evening :) was only easy to count because it was a packet - I hate baking with packets but I suppose on the bright side I ate much less than if I had been making a 'proper' cake.

Dinner this evening was lovely, got the salmon I wanted and had it with sw chips and green beans and carrots. Was delicious. My favourite meal of the week so far I'd say. Currently munching my way through a huge bowl of Apple and strawberries. All in all a good food day I think?

Mr J has a friend round tonight and they were just talking about McDonald's and dominoes, I think I can honestly say I don't fancy either if those at the moment, Mr J even said the same which shocked me somewhat. Maybe we can really do this?

Tomorrow the hard work starts - we are staying at centre parcs for my mums 60th tomorrow through to Sunday and then Monday morning we leave with Mr J's family for a week in Corfu. I'm trying to remain positive because I want my stone award when I return but is it realistically possible to lose weight on holiday? I don't know if I can resist the pancake house at centre parcs?? We have booked in some badminton and tennis whilst we are there, I'm hoping that along with all the walking will be enough. Would be so amazing to be a stone lighter when school starts back again. My consultant said this week that 10lbs is a dress size, I'm nowhere near to going down a size, I wonder what others have found is the magic number to getting into those smaller sizes?

Wow sorry for the rambling! Hope I can still post over the next few days, this diary is really helping keep me focused.

Hope your weeks are going well.

I love salmon but don't have it much since the hubby claims he doesn't like any fish (although he doesn't seem to mind it when it's deep fried and covered in batter :-/ lol).

Have a fab time at center parcs and Corfu! My sw consultant was only talking about hols at group this week. She said they're are 3 types of holiday slimmers. The ones who completely stay on plan, the ones who relax they're syns a bit and the ones who just enjoy they're holiday and get back on plan when they get home. I am definitely in the latter group lol. I'm not going to search for everything off plan and gorge but I'm also not going to say no to something that I want. The way I see it, sw will still be here when I get back but my holiday is only 1 week per year. Everyone is different.

I've never really taken notice of how much I lose per dress size. I might have to make a note of it this time xx

Hi miataiblue - Mr J doesn't like salmon or any fish either which is annoying because he had the most delicious smelling sausages last night instead! In my heart I think I am totally the kind of girl who wants to just forget about sw whilst on holiday but my head really really wants that stone sticker!

Managed to fit in some treadmill time this morning which was 'nice'. It's so encouraging to see the improvement in my fitness. When I started a few weeks ago I just about walked for the 30mins and did 6 'laps' (as shown on the little screen) today I did 9 'laps' and ran for much more of the time. Knackering but worth it.

Breakfast - surprise surprise was weetabix almost had it with strawberries but why break the boring habit haha actually I quite like weetabix and I'm taking them to centre parcs with me :) what a food nerd I am turning into.

Not sure on lunch yet, think we are leaving at one but only just had breakfast hmmmm tricky. Might have to be something to do with eggs as we have a million in the fridge.

Had my first school anxiety dream last night, seems a little early when I still have two weeks to go! I love my job but I think I love the school holidays more :) it is so nice to be able to concentrate on this eating malarky because when real life kicks back in there is no time to think, I have to have made some healthy habits for life.

Hope you are all having a good day :)

Back from centre parcs and now unpacking and repacking ready for Corfu tomorrow morning first thing. Will get onto food in a bit but the most exciting bit of the weekend was finding out my littlest sister is preggers :) she told us all at the weekend and it's super exciting although really early days. I thought I might of felt jealous actually and I know Mr J was worrying about me but I am honestly pleased for her and her hubby. It's tricky because there are three of us girls and i have been trying about a year and my middle sister has been trying nearly 18 months and has pcos and then there is my youngest sister who got pregnant super easily without even trying! Says a lot of the relaxing about it argument!

Food for the last couple of days went like this.....

Friday - lunch before I left turned out to be pasta, tomatoes, courgettes and green beans
After we checked in I had some grapes!
Dinner was out of my control as it was at Strada but I think I chose wisely? I went for the half pizza and salad.

That was it for Friday which I was pretty pleased about.

Saturday - spa morning, no proper breakfast but had a banana on the walk down.
We had a break in the spa and 6 members of my family had muffins, chocolate shortbread, pastries....you get the picture, I had a fruit salad and de caff tea woo hoo get me and my will power :) the odd thing was I really enjoyed my fruit salad and everyone else said they didn't really enjoy their naughtiness. Totally wasn't smug :)

Then it got trickier....

For lunch there was very little choice ( lots of burgers and stuff) so I decided if it had to be 'naughty' then it would have to be something that I love so I had a fish finger sandwich :) and it was delicious. I tried to be semi good by only eating one half of the roll.

Then it was birthday cake time....I couldn't say no, my sister makes awesome cakes. So tiny slither of cake it was.

Dinner - again out of my control at an American diner. I used the same theory as lunch and had fajitas which are one of my favourites. BUT the amazing thing happened after dinner when everyone (all ten of them) had a pudding and I didn't. Beautiful waffles and brownies and ice cream and just pure deliciousness turned down. Whoop whoop.

Sunday

Breakfast was a 'grill up' cooked by my brother in law - I had 2 sausages, beans, scrambled eggs and no fat bacon. Turned down the gorgeous smelling toast.

Willpower was tested today just as we were packing up to leave and I was hungry, mum had sat down with a cup of tea and a piece of cake and I even had the plate and knife in my hand ready to cut my own slice when I had a huge surge of willpower and put it back and got a banana :)

Was too hungry when we finally got home and I needed something quick so I had my much missed weetabix for a snack.

Dinner tonight was chicken breast, sw chips and a mountain of green veg.

So.....all in all I'm pretty pleased with my weekend, I think I did ok considering and combined with the all the walking we did plus badminton and short tennis I am hoping to still be on track.

Feels so good to be back to writing things down, makes me much more focused so thanks for reading.

Next hurdle Corfu.......

Mmmm full fat sausages lol. They're one of the few things that definitely don't taste as nice when they're low fat!

It's a great feeling when you start noticing a change in your fitness level as well as your weight. It gives you a real boost doesn't it.

I never used to eat weetabix but I've started to since being back on plan (much to my sons annoyance at 'stealing' his favourite cereal lol).

It sounds like you did well at Center Parcs with your meal choices, it can't have been easy especially when other people are with you who aren't on sw. It can make you feel a bit left out.

Congratulations to your sister! We tried for 18mths for our eldest and I was having a mini meltdown every month when I wasn't pregnant. My mum had said that we were trying too hard and we had to focus on something else so, as we were already engaged, we decided to plan the wedding. It wasn't the best idea. I bought my dress and booked everything and within 3mths I was pregnant. The 'relaxing' theory worked us (although as a result the wedding was a bit of a c**k up lmao).

Hope you have a great time in Corfu :) xx

Well done on choosing wisely at Center Parcs, it is so difficult there. Hopefully the sun in Corfu will keep you motivate and active so that you can really enjoy the holiday and food :)

Really great diary, thanks :)

Thanks for the messages, nice to know people are reading my waffle :) Writing from Corfu....how sad is that!

long old travelling day and it's all starting to go down hill!

Breakfast - weetabix at home
lunch - pre made ham sandwiches on the plane ( with Warburton thins, not great but better than the lovely ham rolls we nearly when for!)

So, by the time we got to the hotel I was actually doing ok really - calorie wise if not sw wise.

Then we got to dinner......Mr J's dad paid for this holiday for us and him and Mr J's sister and two kiddies and it's half board. Little did I know that dinner was a four course sit down meal :-/ I was kinda hoping it might of been a buffet type deal.

This is where my will power deserted me!

Pre 1st course - bread and olive tapenade

1st course - spaghetti with a tomato sauce (I ate half the plate full)
2nd course - cucumber and tomato salad (no dressing)
3rd course - chicken schnitzel and chips ( I left the chips and finished off the salad with it)
4th course - ice cream and strawberries ( not a huge amount of ice cream but still not a good choice)

Suffice to say my first stone feels a little bit further away now!

Tomorrow's breakfast is going to be interesting......should of bought weetabix with me :) Think I'll try and have the fish option at dinner tomorrow and defo need to choose fresh fruit for pudding but might have to watch this space haha

On the plus side we went for a little walk after dinner up and down a shed load of steps and step hills and I kept up with everyone fine, my fitness is really improving :)

That's it for now, fingers crossed for a better food day tomorrow.

It's all going wrong! Do people really to stick to plan whilst on holiday?

Too much food to list but it includes bread before every meal, ice creams and milk shakes and pastries. I know I'm gonna regret it when I step on those scales but at the same time I really think it's impossible....I'm hoping the running around I'm doing after two small girls is helping a little bit?

Hope your weeks are going better than mine!

Sorry it's not going to plan. I have no idea how people stay completely on plan when they're on hols, I know I can't. Personally I'd just have a relaxing holiday, draw a line under it and get back on track when you get home.

I was pretty bad after weigh-in last night so I'm on my best behaviour for the rest of the week lol xx

Good evening all. Thanks for the messages.

I teach primary children, have been in year 4 for a few years now which I love.....although I have the usual pre school blues as the end of the summer approaches!

Well I'm still struggling to 'be good' but I am having a lovely time so can't have it all it seems! There is just too much tempting food but I did make Mr J walk 20mins to lunch today rather than just eat at the pool bar and the two girls have had me chasing them round the pool like a mad thing so that's some kind of body magic surely??

Being on holiday has really made me quite reflective about my body and how I have essentially 'ruined' it. Seeing the skinny Minnie's in their bikinis has made me feel quite sad that I will never have that. Even if I lose all the weight, being overweight has done my poor body/skin no favours. Obviously can't go back in time but boy it would be amazing to get a second chance. I feel very lucky to have my awesome husband who loves me no matter what, I hope I can become a wife who is more confident with herself and how she is. I'd love to want to make more of an effort with my appearance because at the moment I really don't. I guess I still just don't think I'm worth bothering with, a feeling I've pretty much had all my life.

Wow that's a bit of a rambly message for a holiday post! Really liking writing all this stuff down, will be most odd to ever read it back.

Second attempt at a road trip around the island tomorrow as our hire car broke down when we attempted it today! Fun fun fun :)

Last edited:
Glad you're having a lovely time :) . I'm sure every day is body magic day when there are kids about lol.

I know what you mean with the confidence issues. It's great to have a hubby that loves me whatever size I am but I need to feel confident in myself xx

Home.knackered.Dreading tomorrow's weigh in - it ain't gonna be pretty!

will post tomorrow when things are back to normal :)

Well I stepped on our scales this morning and it was as bad as I thought :-( up about 6lbs according to them. Now I know the right thing to do is to go to group tonight and face the music but I can't. So I have been shopping and got a load of free and super free and I will have a bloody good go at shifting the holiday weight this week before going back next week. Part of me is hoping that some of the gain is water retention or something like that because it really doesn't seem fair that I put on 6 and Mr J was up by 2.....why is it so easy for me to put on weight? I know I didn't eat well on holiday but 6 just seems loads :-(

Food so far today has been ok.

breakfast - weetabix and milk
lunch - egg muffins with ham, mushrooms and onions and tomatoes and cucumber (a couple of syns worth of ketchup)
snack - apple ( so far)

dinner - planning on pork loin chops, sweet potato sw chips and a mountain of veg

EVen though I'm in a slight grump about the scales it actually feels really good to be in charge of my food again so my line is drawn and on I go...good luck to all you other Tuesday weighers :)

Stuck to dinner plans - and had an Alpen light for a snack earlier. Bit peckish now but got some mango in the fridge for snacking. Already feel better about things after today....this time next week I WILL be back to where I was before holiday.

It's official....my body is weird! On the scales yesterday morning I was up 6lbs from my scales before holiday, this morning I get on ( even though I'm meant to be banned) and I'm back to the exact weight I was on my scales before holiday....I know weight fluctuates but really by 6lb in a day, that's crazy. Super hoping its true though because this week can then be about a loss not a sts :)

yesterday was a 100% on plan day and today is heading the same way. Woke up late and stayed in bed for a while so brunch was at 11.30....oh how I love the holidays. I then went on the treadmill for half an hour - couldn't beat my distance but not as far away as I expected after a couple of weeks off. All in all so far so good today and I have even managed to squeeze in a teeny tiny bit of school work :)

Brunch - scrambled eggs, mushrooms, ham, tomatoes and spaghetti hoops
snack - probably an apple
dinner - planning on having sw burgers as I read somewhere it's national burger day so it seemed rude not to :)

oh and had one cup of green tea with lemon as I keep reading so much about it on here and I had a stash in the cupboard....actually tasted nicer than I remembered.

Mr J and I were having a chat this morning about me losing weight - ideally about another 8 stone - and he said he can't imagine me lighter than him, (I never have even been close) I think it's made me even more determined :) he didn't mean it in a nasty way I guess it is hard to imagine, I can't remember I time where I have been less than 14stone so 10stone something is a whole new world I guess....be blooming awesome if I could do it....can't wait to find out :)

Dinner was fab - sw burgers, sw chips, lettuce, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions and corn on the cob. Had a tiny bit of mayo and butter which I'll count as 5syns max

For pudding I stole one of Mr J's mini mars ice creams which I think are about 4 syns (75cals)

All in all a pretty good day I'd say :) :)

My name is Karen and I am addicted to slimming programmes!! Whilst we were away the TIVO recorded literally a million Obese:A year to save my life and I cant stop watching them!! Love it :)

Anyway back in the real world today's breakfast was good old Weetabix and skimmed milk

Now to the treadmill....not sure im going to be running though as my body aches all over!

Back