Mrs Jeffery's weight loss mission

Well my plan would have worked if we'd not gone back to sleep after the alarm, had time for breakfast and had actually gone to m's lol. We went to a cafe in town as my friend remembered I was doing sw and didn't think I'd be able to have anything at m's (bless her!) still used quite a few syns but all was ok.

I've got everything crossed for you, really hope it's good news! xx

Glad it worked out in the end, so much easier when people try and help rather than sabotage!

Soooo pleased its Friday, I'm pooped. This morning for the first time EVER I slept through my alarm! Thank god Mr J's alarm goes off only twenty mins later. It means I didn't get time for breakfast and didn't get to school til about 7:20 :-( just made the morning way more stressful than it needed to be.

Food today went like this

Breakfast: had a banana and an Alpen light bar at break time (counting that a one heb)
Lunch: left over dinner from yesterday (chicken/noodles etc) and some yummy mango
Snack: second Alpen light bar ( second he)
Dinner: pork loin chops, sw wedges, peas, carrots and mushrooms with ketchup (about 2 syns worth)
Snack: curly wurly (6?) might have mango and blueberries later if I stay up that long!

In other news still no period.......

Up early this morning to go with Mr J to his 5k park run....I'm not doing it today, I'm going to be babysitting whilst our friends join with him . I'm the support team haha kinda jealous that I'm just not fit enough to do it yet, aiming to have a go at some point this year, hopefully.

Nothing else planned for the rest of today apart from school work, school work and more school work.

Breakfast: weetabix, milk and blueberries

No idea on food for the rest of the day.....might go searching for some recipes later....

Couldn't resist a sneaky weekend weigh in this morning and my scales were very kind to me - should keep me focused this weekend. Would love a big loss this week, smash the stone and start chipping away for the stone and half :)

Have a good day y'all :)

I hate having to rush in a morning. I'm most definitely not a morning person lol.

I've got to say, I would much rather babysit then run 5k haha.

I've been looking through the recipe threads over the last few days for inspiration as I tend to just make our sw favourites every week. This weeks dinners are diet coke chicken, bolognese bake, roast, curry,burgers, sausage and mash and lasagne.

Glad the scales are being kind to you. I would love my stone this week but with 3lbs to go I'm not holding my breath.

Have a fab day :)

Is the diet coke chicken good? I've head so much about it but not tried it yet.

Today has been good, lunch was a 2egg omelette with cucumber and tomatoes and a sneaky bit of mayo (2syns?)
Snack: apple
Dinner: strips of stir fry beef, onions, peppers, mushrooms and rice with fajita seasoning and some fat free fro age frais (3syns ?) I really wanted normal fajitas but there was just too many syns in the wraps...turns out the alternative was just as yummy.
Snack: I currently have a mint muller freezing....hoping it going to be like mint choc chip ice cream....I'll keep you posted.

Plan for the rest of the evening - school work - whoop and again whoop! Hope you are all doing something fun :)

Hi Kaz. The fromage frais could be free if you have bought the 0% one. Most of the supermarkets have it. Although Tesco keep running out.

Keep going :)

Thanks Doreen, I just checked and I think it is free whoop whoop - although not sure the fajita mix was? Oh well I'm not over syns so should be ok?

Have literally spent my whole Saturday night doing history planning whilst chiseling away at my frozen muller!! Good times.

We really like the diet coke chicken, it's one of our eldests favourites. Some people say it tastes a bit like bbq sauce but I don't think so. It's sort of hard to describe lol. I use the same recipe with lilt zero instead of coke for sweet and sour chicken too.

Did the muller taste like ice-cream? I've never tried it frozen xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I might add diet coke chicken to next weeks list :) the frozen muller was.....interesting...it tasted like ummm...frozen yoghurt! Haha the best thing was it took blooming ages to eat so took me most of the evening to get through it.

Today has has been boring, boring and a bit more boring so far. Just been doing school planning and stuff....this is the time when old Karen would of worked her way through at least a packet of biscuits, no such thing today, food has gone like so...

Lunch: the one pan fry up from the recent mag - yummy. Potatoes, egg, mushrooms, bacon and tomatoes. (Ketchup 2 syns ish?)
Snack: apple
Dinner: chicken roast with swede, carrots, broccoli
couple of cups of green tea, diet coke and squash

also going to try and knock up some leek and potato soup in a bit for school this week.

In other news my period is now 5 days late and no sign of my period...took a test this morning and it was very negative. Thinking all the diet and exercise has messed it up somehow? I'm not totally regular but not normally this late. Hmmm.

Biggest roast ever! Stuffed. Getting into the habit of going for a stroll after dinner so that was nice, gives me and Mr J some nice alone time, away from iPads and TV etc!

Syns are up a bit today because I also had some mango with choc shot earlier.

ketchup - 2 syns
Alpen light - 3.5 syns
choc shot - 0.5 syns
bit of butter in swede - 1 syn
gravy - 3 syns ??

Thats the the most I have had in a while I think, feels like a lot but I know it's ok.

Soup turned out pretty good so that's all Tupperware'd up and ready for the next three days of school. Does feel really good to be organised, it's defo one of the key things for me.

Hope everyone else has had a good food weekend :)

I might add diet coke chicken to next weeks list :) the frozen muller was.....interesting...it tasted like ummm...frozen yoghurt! Haha the best thing was it took blooming ages to eat so took me most of the evening to get through it.

Haha sounds like a great way to stop night time munchies!

So sorry about the test but there's still hope while you have no period.

I like soup for lunch as it's so quick and easy. I made a mushroom one yesterday without even meaning to lol. Someone had posted a recipe for syn free gravy using mushrooms, onions and stock so I made some and then realised it was actually the same ingredients as mushroom soup! Lmao. I didn't fancy having soup on my Sunday lunch so hubby's having it for lunch today xx

You could be onto a new fad there.....soup covered roast? Hmm maybe not :)

I am only in class half a day on a Monday and boy does it make my day easier - love Mondays :)

Breakfast - weetabix and milk
late late lunch when I got home at 2:30 was my potato and leek soup adding some leftover chicken from yesterday and it was lush.
Snack: Apple and Aplen light bar (3.5)
Dinner: pasta with chopped tomatoes, garlic, onion, peppers, mushrooms, bacon (fat removed) and more left over chicken oh and some broccoli too....surprisingly delicious.

Might have a curly wurly tonight but not sure yet, it's weigh in tomorrow after all.

Currently watching new series of The Biggest Loser - good way to keep focused.

Got on the treadmill earlier, but only managed a pathetic 30mins, better than nothing I suppose. Oh and still no period....has anyone had their periods disappear due to weight loss? Or too much exercise?

Excited for weigh in tomorrow, surely I must get my stone? Surely I have lost half a poxy pound?!?

Hope you are having a good day :)

Had the curly wurly whilst Mr J massaged my feet, doesn't get much better than that haha

forgot to mention another good thing that happened today.....I could take my school trousers down with undoing them! Whoop not bad for just under a stone....beginning to get excited at the thought of losing more and more weight, I can really imagine doing it this time :)

Waiting for weigh in time is the worst time of the week so keeping myself busy in here. I know I have been on plan all week but sometimes you just never know do you?! Especially with my TOTM being all over the place.

Today has been fine food wise

Snack: Alpen light
Lunch: more of that leek and potato soup

and that's about it.....taking a snack to weigh in so I don't get a stinking headache like last week, eating at half nine is just crazy. Going to walk to the meeting again this week so it distracts me for a while and to try and help the scales :)

Hope all you Tuesday weighers see the result you want!

Fantastic! And congratulations on your award :) .

I can't tell a difference physically yet. We were talking about moving down in clothes sizes at group tonight as someone brought in an old suit jacket that used to fit them and she is now a target member. Someone thought it would be a good idea if we all brought in our 'fat frocks' next week to show the difference. I was like 'hmmm I'm still in my fat frock' (well I would be if I actually ever wore a frock lol) xx

Thanks miataiblue, it's funny how people see the difference in different ways. It's meant to be 10lbs a dress size isn't it? Sooooo not true for me, I'll be a size 20 bottoms for a good while yet!

Looks like the mystery period has shown up....rubbish....and it's making me want to eat EVERYTHING, luckily thus far I have remained pretty much on track.

Breakfast: weetabix, milk and blueberries.
Lunch: the last of the leek and potato soup and an apple
Snack: Alpen light bar (3.5)
Dinner: gammon steak (no fat), mash (we I only had a teeny bit of) peas, sweet corn and carrots
Snack: curly wurly (6)

The plus side to the TOTM debacle is that I'm hoping maybe I had a bit of water retention of something last night and actually I will get a mahoosive loss this week....wishful thinking or what haha

So gutted for you :-( but I love how you're trying to find a positive. It would be great if you've been retaining water, you never know lol.

I'm going to be a 20 for a while too I think. I'd like to say I'm the biggest I've ever been but I'm probably a size or two bigger, I just joined the 'if I wear elasticated waists I can pretend I'm smaller than I really am' club. Denial all the way (up until now that is lol) xx

Last edited:
Back