MrsCadbury's progress

So far I've lost 12.5lbs in 9 weeks. I'm really happy with that.

For the first 2 weeks I wasn't following plan properly. I was just making guesses and hoping for the best. Also had a weekend away where I felt like I ate my body weight. (Inc 5 Krispy Kreme donuts in 2 days!) The past 2 weekends I've gone off plan. Magnificently so last weekend.

In these 9 weeks I've not gained any. For 2 weeks I lost 0.5lb and 1 week I STS.

I was thinking about when I lost about a stone on Scottish Slimmers, which is basically calorie counting. I think it took longer. I didn't enjoy the plan, classes were fab though. I felt like I was on a diet and all I thought about was how many checks I had eaten and how many I had left. I certainly don't feel like I learned anything about cooking or healthy eating for life.

In these past 9 weeks I don't feel like I've been on a diet or restricted. It's quite amazing the difference I feel. I can't describe it. I'm so much happier with what I'm eating and cooking.

just found your Diary...subscribed :)

what a great loss you had this week !!!!!! well done you :D

Thanks.

I was so happy with my loss last week, but I think it's affected me psychology this week. Making me think I can go a bit mad at the weekend and it'll still be ok come Thursday for WI. I need to get away from thinking like that as I think that's a slippery slope.

Thanks.

I was so happy with my loss last week, but I think it's affected me psychology this week. Making me think I can go a bit mad at the weekend and it'll still be ok come Thursday for WI. I need to get away from thinking like that as I think that's a slippery slope.

that is definitely a slippery slope that I slid down recently! I was getting away with cheating and still seeing losses but then I went off plan completely and it has taken me 10 days and a 5lb gain to get back on track. So I can only say - don't do it! If you want extra syns at the weekend then ideally save a few during the week so you are still on plan. It is much easier to just stay on the plan, day by day, than get back on it after going wild one day! It really starts to play with your psychology if you do that.

that is definitely a slippery slope that I slid down recently! I was getting away with cheating and still seeing losses but then I went off plan completely and it has taken me 10 days and a 5lb gain to get back on track. So I can only say - don't do it! If you want extra syns at the weekend then ideally save a few during the week so you are still on plan. It is much easier to just stay on the plan, day by day, than get back on it after going wild one day! It really starts to play with your psychology if you do that.

Bad news about your gain, but do you think it's like a kick up the bum to get you back on plan?

I can feel how quickly you can end up down that slope. So easy to get in that mind set too. But, back on plan today and will aim for a bit of success express this week. Hopefully that will make up for any damage from the weekend.

Is that very healthy though, mentally? Go a bit mad at the weekend ad success express to make up for it. Got to plan better and learn to go out and not go off plan. That's my mission!

Bad news about your gain, but do you think it's like a kick up the bum to get you back on plan?

I can feel how quickly you can end up down that slope. So easy to get in that mind set too. But, back on plan today and will aim for a bit of success express this week. Hopefully that will make up for any damage from the weekend.

Is that very healthy though, mentally? Go a bit mad at the weekend ad success express to make up for it. Got to plan better and learn to go out and not go off plan. That's my mission!

I can't allow myself to fall into the slippery slope trap either, towards the end of my last 'journey' I started messing about a bit thinking I could get away with falling off the wagon & Still losing......but it did ultimately catch up with me & I was soooooooo mad then :mad:

I do agree that the key is in the planning here, life is about enjoying yourself (its the only way this eating plan will be maintained long term) but - if you know you have an event or something to go to - plan ahead & do flexible day - so you remain in total control over what you eat/drink and the upper limit of syns you are going to allow yourself. Then the following day jump back on plan as normal.

We've probably all done it.....but I don't think its healthy mentally to blowout then cutback as its like depriving yourself or punishing yourself for enjoying a special do you had at the weekend. xx

I go to group on Thursday night after work. I've always thought Wednesday/Thursday WI would be best for me as it would give me time to make up for the weekend if I've gone off plan.

Having second thoughts about that now. I love seeing everyone posting their results. It's annoying that I have to wait until Thursday.

I go to group on Thursday night after work. I've always thought Wednesday/Thursday WI would be best for me as it would give me time to make up for the weekend if I've gone off plan.

Having second thoughts about that now. I love seeing everyone posting their results. It's annoying that I have to wait until Thursday.

I go on a Thursday night too - am having a holiday this week as my in laws are coming to stay. I like Thursdays as I find it keeps me on track over the weekend. Ultimately it doesn't matter when you weigh as long as it is convenient and you will actually go!

I go on a Thursday night too - am having a holiday this week as my in laws are coming to stay. I like Thursdays as I find it keeps me on track over the weekend. Ultimately it doesn't matter when you weigh as long as it is convenient and you will actually go!

You're absolutely right. I like the group I go to and really like that its right after work at 5.30.

Enjoy having your in-laws over to stay. Don't know if I'd be able to handle that!

You're absolutely right. I like the group I go to and really like that its right after work at 5.30.

Enjoy having your in-laws over to stay. Don't know if I'd be able to handle that!

Ha! Luckily they are awesome! In fact it is just like having friend's to staay to be honest. I am really lucky! In fact I think my MIL is the universe's way of making up for my own mother! Haha!

Half on. Not bad considering what I ate and drank at the weekend.

No alcohol for me this weekend. 100% week ahead.

That is not too bad as you haven't been 100%. If you have a 100% week this week then why don't you buy yourself a new nail varnish or something small and non food related as we all need rewards!! Xx

Had a very emotional night.

For the past wee while I've been thinking about babies. Over the weekend it's all I've been thinking about... Constantly. Haven't spoke to DH about this, until tonight.

Tonight I was baby-siting my niece's and we were walking through Sainsbury's. The older one told me her auntie (on her dad's side) is pregnant. I felt like someone had punched me in the gut. It took all my energy to keep going. My niece was quite annoyed with herself as she was supposed to keep it a secret (awe bless). I grabbed on to that and said if she's not supposed to talk about then we won't talk about it.

When I got home DH could see straight away there was something wrong. I burst into tears and told him what happened. He said he's been feeling the same way but not as strongly as me it seems. He asked me why I've not said anything sooner. Easy but difficult one for me to answer.

Easy - we can't afford to move to a bigger house right now. In my mind we can't have a baby right now so why talk about it.

Difficult - I've always found it talking about my feelings. This has always been a frustration for DH.

I say we can't afford to move to a bigger house right now. In reality we probably could but we would be taking a couple of credit cards and a loan with us. Any house we could buy right now wouldn't be in the area we want to stay. We're in the middle of mission 'zero outstanding'. We are on track for zero about this time next year. DH said we could wait until then and start trying. Then the more we spoke about it we have decided at the end of this summer we will check our finances and start trying then.

I know a lot of people say never mind how much money you've got, have a baby, you'll find money from somewhere. I just can't do that. My parents divorced when I was young and we never had much money. I don't want to struggle, I can't. I don't think I'd be able to cope mentally struggling for money and taking care of a baby.

Something else that worries me is my age. I'm 33. DH keeps saying I'm not old. He thinks that as he's only 30. I don't know though. And then there's my weight obviously.......

Had a very emotional night.

For the past wee while I've been thinking about babies. Over the weekend it's all I've been thinking about... Constantly. Haven't spoke to DH about this, until tonight.

Tonight I was baby-siting my niece's and we were walking through Sainsbury's. The older one told me her auntie (on her dad's side) is pregnant. I felt like someone had punched me in the gut. It took all my energy to keep going. My niece was quite annoyed with herself as she was supposed to keep it a secret (awe bless). I grabbed on to that and said if she's not supposed to talk about then we won't talk about it.

When I got home DH could see straight away there was something wrong. I burst into tears and told him what happened. He said he's been feeling the same way but not as strongly as me it seems. He asked me why I've not said anything sooner. Easy but difficult one for me to answer.

Easy - we can't afford to move to a bigger house right now. In my mind we can't have a baby right now so why talk about it.

Difficult - I've always found it talking about my feelings. This has always been a frustration for DH.

I say we can't afford to move to a bigger house right now. In reality we probably could but we would be taking a couple of credit cards and a loan with us. Any house we could buy right now wouldn't be in the area we want to stay. We're in the middle of mission 'zero outstanding'. We are on track for zero about this time next year. DH said we could wait until then and start trying. Then the more we spoke about it we have decided at the end of this summer we will check our finances and start trying then.

I know a lot of people say never mind how much money you've got, have a baby, you'll find money from somewhere. I just can't do that. My parents divorced when I was young and we never had much money. I don't want to struggle, I can't. I don't think I'd be able to cope mentally struggling for money and taking care of a baby.

Something else that worries me is my age. I'm 33. DH keeps saying I'm not old. He thinks that as he's only 30. I don't know though. And then there's my weight obviously.......

I really feel for you - poor honey.

However, a baby costs as much as you have to spend on it. My parents never had much either but we managed and you will be surprised at what you can cope with if you try. You can get everything second-hand saving money and the planet whilst you are at it. I fully intend to do this when I have children as actually it is the responsible way to live these days. Waste not want not as they say. If that is really what is stopping you then you should have a long hard look at your priorities - I know you need money to live but there are so many more important things to consider. Do you and your husband love each other? (I'm guessing that is a big fat of course we do!) Do you have a roof over your head and food on the table? Will you love and support your child no matter what life throws at you? These are the questions you should ask yourself - not is my house big enough? I really don't mean to sound harsh but stop giving yourself such a hard time! Adopt an attitude of gratitude because believe me life could always be worse! Massive internet love!!! Hope you feel brighter soon. xxx

I really feel for you - poor honey.

However, a baby costs as much as you have to spend on it. My parents never had much either but we managed and you will be surprised at what you can cope with if you try. You can get everything second-hand saving money and the planet whilst you are at it. I fully intend to do this when I have children as actually it is the responsible way to live these days. Waste not want not as they say. If that is really what is stopping you then you should have a long hard look at your priorities - I know you need money to live but there are so many more important things to consider. Do you and your husband love each other? (I'm guessing that is a big fat of course we do!) Do you have a roof over your head and food on the table? Will you love and support your child no matter what life throws at you? These are the questions you should ask yourself - not is my house big enough? I really don't mean to sound harsh but stop giving yourself such a hard time! Adopt an attitude of gratitude because believe me life could always be worse! Massive internet love!!! Hope you feel brighter soon. xxx

Thanks Goody.

I know people can have a baby in a one bedroom flat. My sister did it before she moved and money was tight for them too. In a perfect world we would be living in the perfect house, have loads of money and I be a size 10 ;-) In this short (really short) space of time I've come to realise what's more important to me. Having all that and not trying for a baby for at least 2 years, or trying for a baby this year.

When I was younger we really struggled for money and space. I don't think I need to have a massive house, just a second bedroom would be nice. It's a hang up that I'm going to have to get over. I always worry about money as we never seem to have any. DH said that's because we spend it!

We had a good talk about it last night. DH always knows the right things to say. I feel much happier now. Felt happier last night. Before we talked about it all I wanted to do was cry. Now I can't stop smiling and want to tell people we're going to start trying for a baby after summer. One person I won't be telling is my niece. She can't keep anything secret. Lol

I haven't been able to go to the toilet properly since last Thursday/Friday so took a couple of Tesco Constipation Relief last night. Bad idea (sorry, TMI). Terrible pain and then awful diarrhoea this morning. Couldn't stray too far from the loo so off work today. Thoroughly depressing, but it gets worse.

Luckily it had cleared up by lunchtime so popped down to the supermarket. On the way there heard a funny sound. Checked the tyres and one was flat. :( Got tyre insurance so up to the garage. "Mrs Cadbury your new tyre is covered under insurance but your alloy is not. That'll be 350 please" :( :( :(

Gets home and try to be productive. Washing on then some of it in to dry. We have a washer/dryer and the dryer part has been playing up. 10 minuets after I put it on to dry it starts beeping. So I drain it like I usually do but there's more water than normal. Strange. Put it back on to dry but I accidentally hit wash. Water starts leaking everywhere!!!

There's a small hose you pull out when draining. Think I might have pulled it a bit hard. Oo er, lol.

Diarrhoea, car wheel and washing machine. :( At least that's 3.

Lost 1.5 tonight taking me to 13.5 in total. Hopefully 1 stone next week.

Think I really need to mix up my daytime food a bit. I'd say I've been having varied dinners but I eat the same boring food when at work.

Will be trying the syn free hummus this week. Hopefully I'll get my hands on WW wholemeal pita bread and have that for lunch a couple of days with a big salad.

Back