Step 1 Sole Source + MrsK Cambridge Journey

MrsK

I am returning to what I still call the Cambridge Diet by default. The latest name is quite a mouthful šŸ˜‚

I have a long road ahead.....

Week 2: Day 1

Week 1: 14lbs

First weigh in today and I have lost 14lbs so quite chuffed with that. The first week didnā€™t go too badly, had a slight headache early on but itā€™s mainly feeling a little weak and dizzy as my body adjusts to the *much* lower calories.

Iā€™m on step 1B having 4 shakes/bars a day due to my height and BMI.

They also seem to have added in a new TDR and MRP. I prefer the slightly higher calories and it may be why I havenā€™t experienced quite as bad withdrawal symptoms this time around.

Hereā€™s to week 2!

Anyone else have a long road ahead?

Hi MrsK at least you are on the road. I was weighed in today after week one and lost 6 lb. I am happy with that as I struggled at the beginning of the week and am hoping this 2nd week is a bit easier. Good luck with this week. I keep telling myself that time goes by anyway. 2 months will go by whether I am on the diet or not so I might as well be happier with myself in 2 months as be disappointed. I think if we all support each other we'll get there. I want the health benefits and just to feel better and not so tired. Feeling positive and at least a little less bloated.

Hi MrsK at least you are on the road. I was weighed in today after week one and lost 6 lb. I am happy with that as I struggled at the beginning of the week and am hoping this 2nd week is a bit easier. Good luck with this week. I keep telling myself that time goes by anyway. 2 months will go by whether I am on the diet or not so I might as well be happier with myself in 2 months as be disappointed. I think if we all support each other we'll get there. I want the health benefits and just to feel better and not so tired. Feeling positive and at least a little less bloated.

Thatā€™s a good way at looking at it about time going by anyway! I will have to remember that when I am having moments when I am struggling.

Well done on your 6lb lost and good luck with week 2!

Week 3: Day 1

Week 2: 4lbs

4lbs lost this week which I am pleased with as I have struggled, not from hunger but from cravings and feeling a little week. Managed to stick to plan through my daughterā€™s birthday party and my anniversary!! :)

Week 4: Day 1

Week 3: 3lbs

3 weeks done and a total of 1stone 7lbs off. Iā€™m pleased with that! I managed to resist at a BBQ at the weekend and just had my shake. I think I am finally in Ketosis as even with an 12.5 hour shift yesterday, I had to force myself to have my 4th product at 8:30pm last night. I have been having a few dizzy spells the last couple of days.

I donā€™t like to think about the full journey ahead so try and take each day and week as they come!

Week 5: Day 1

Week 3: 3lbs
Week 4: 7lbs

7lbs off this week making 2 stone in 4 weeks! Chuffed with that. I am struggling with boredom. Iā€™m not hungry much of the time, I just want real food! Must keep on plodding though!

Awesome,Mrs K! Keep that boredom at bay! Your regime is using up the calories you ate yonks ago - and delivering great results. Well done!

Week 6: Day 1

Well I some how managed to lose 7lbs again this week. I was expecting a lower loss given how I lost 7lbs last week and its my monthly cycle as well. Im sure the scales must be wrong and it will show very little or even a gain next week. I have decided that when I stop CWP (not sure when that will be), I am going to do the whole30 challenge for a month to reset myself. By the end of this week, I will be half way through my first 12 week set!

Well done MrsK, youā€™re getting fantastic results. I agree itā€™s boring during the journey but the outcome will make it worth it in the end. Another couple of weeks and youā€™ll have achieved a BMI under 40, which is a huge step. Keep on plodding along the road. The rest of your journey gets shorter every day.

Week 7: Day 1

Another 3lbs off this week! Hoping to hit the 3 stone mark after this week or maybe 2 weeks. My consultant is on holiday for 3 weeks now. Someone is coming in to weigh me but not for 2 weeks. She did say I could move up a step as given I am on 4 of the higher calorie products a day, calorie wise it doesnā€™t make a difference but I want to try and stick to sole source for the first 12 weeks! Half way through!

I have managed to resist at BBQs, birthday parties, my anniversary, work (when the others decided to get a KFC in) and picnics so I am sure I can stick to sole source 100% for another 6 weeks.

Week 7: Day 1

Another 3lbs off this week! Hoping to hit the 3 stone mark after this week or maybe 2 weeks. My consultant is on holiday for 3 weeks now. Someone is coming in to weigh me but not for 2 weeks. She did say I could move up a step as given I am on 4 of the higher calorie products a day, calorie wise it doesnā€™t make a difference but I want to try and stick to sole source for the first 12 weeks! Half way through!

I have managed to resist at BBQs, birthday parties, my anniversary, work (when the others decided to get a KFC in) and picnics so I am sure I can stick to sole source 100% for another 6 weeks.
Wow youā€™re doing amazingly well! Well done for resisting at all those social occasions. Your results are well deserved.

Wow youā€™re doing amazingly well! Well done for resisting at all those social occasions. Your results are well deserved.

Thank you Kaysa! Youā€™ve done so well yourself managing to go on holiday for 2 weeks and not put on any weight!!! Thatā€™s fab!

Week 8: Day 1

As my consultant is a way and the other lady isnā€™t coming until next week, I used my scales this morning. My scales say a loss of 4lbs but they weigh anything from 1-3lbs heavier than my consultantā€™s (which is the scales I use as the official weigh in).

It will balance itself out next week. Assuming a 4lb loss I have now lost 3 stone and my BMI is below 40 (according to the NHS BMI calculator - annoyingly this site has me at 40)! Ive also lost 25% of the weight I want to lose! :)

Great progress, Mrs K. Congratulations! :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:šŸ’Æ

Iā€™m currently trying to decide how long to stick with the VLCD for. I definitely want to complete 12 weeks of sole source! Iā€™m not sure I can continue on meal replacement until goal though as itā€™s a LONG way! Even if I lose around 60lbs in 12 weeks, I will still have 100lbs to lose - Iā€™m effectively losing a person!! Actually 160lbs is 1lb less than my goal weight!! Crazy!!

When I stop Cambridge, I want to complete the whole30 challenge to have a reset and then possibly move to Slimming World (assuming the whole30 doesnā€™t show any sensitivities).

Iā€™m not sure on the best approach. Iā€™ve already got an afternoon tea booked for December and then there is Christmas etc on top (I have done sole source before through Christmas but donā€™t want to do that again!).

I have a couple of options:-

1) Complete 12 weeks, 1 week of 810 and then go back to sole source and have ā€œcheat daysā€ in December. Then switch after the second 12 weeks to SW/whole30

OR

2) Complete 12 weeks and then the maintenance plan so that by December Iā€™m on around 1200/1500 calories a day so any ā€œcheat daysā€ shouldnā€™t show a massive gain. Once at that level of calories, I could switch to whole30/SW as well.

Maybe see how you feel nearer December? We didn't get this fat in a few months- so if we don't want to go vlcds or intermittent fasting, it will take more time!

Maybe see how you feel nearer December? We didn't get this fat in a few months- so if we don't want to go vlcds or intermittent fasting, it will take more time!

I could do but then I wont have an option as I wont have time to go through the maintenance steps. The maintenance steps take at least 6-8 weeks. Its not about how much time it will take to lose the weight, its more about wanting to have food over the Christmas period and the best way of managing that.

That makes sense. It would be good to learn how to maintain over Christmas. Then take a view on what to do in January.

Back