muffin experimentation

Alibongo

Happily pro pointing!
OMG, I was just making my breakfast muffin from a vanilla pack and it suddenly occurred to me that I can now have herbs and spices so thought I might add some cinnamon to my muffin, then I spotted the ginger, :drool: well worth experimenting.
I know you like your muffins deb ;)

I guess we can add herbs to our soup packs too. Maybe some thyme to the mushroom or sage to the chicken?
I am sure that must be OK?!?

OMG!!! Ginger in my muffin????????!!! I can hardly wait! That will be breakfast for me on Sunday morning then!!! Can't wait!

I tell ya, it was lovely.
Going to have it for breakfast again tomorrow.
Are you starting RTM on Sunday?

No - starting on Friday (I am working late tomorrow so won't be able to cook meal) so I can have the herbs/spices from day 3 which will be Sunday.

Not got any vanilla packs (will get some on Tuesday at RTM) so will try the caramel one with ginger tomorrow morning with banana mousse topping.......ooh.... I can hardly wait!!!

Found a vanilla pack this morning (at the bottom of the bag) and put some ginger in. Was lovely - but I need to put more ginger in tomorrow - I only put half a tsp and I think I need a whole one! Was lovely with banana mousse too! Will try it again on Wednesday once I've got some more vanillas!

I have been experimenting with muffins again.
I am on week 6/7 this week and that means dried fruit, so I added a few sultanas and a dash of cinnamon to my muffin this morning.
Yum, yum!
Very nice as an occasional treat me thinks :D

I'm weeks away from RTM but i see Ali that you are the queen of the muffins

I cannot make these darn things for love nor money.

HELP - do you have an idiots guide to making them?

Water quantity, micro temp (mine is a 1200 micro!!!!)

I need HELP!!!! I would love some variation but seem to cock all the recipes up totally.

Ta darlin'

Caroline xxx

Alibongo am i right in thinking that you are doing a quick RTM, thought i read a post that you were doing wk1 & 2,together, wk 3 & 4, together etc, if you are i would be interested to hear how you are finding it! Hope you don't mind me asking but i intend to move to m/ment in 2wks and as i am going away on a 3wk course on 12th May it would be great to have completed my m/ment. Janey. xx

I'm weeks away from RTM but i see Ali that you are the queen of the muffins

I cannot make these darn things for love nor money.

HELP - do you have an idiots guide to making them?

Water quantity, micro temp (mine is a 1200 micro!!!!)

I need HELP!!!! I would love some variation but seem to cock all the recipes up totally.

Ta darlin'

Caroline xxx

Hi Caroline
The only pack I have been succesful with is the vanilla, the others just don't work for me.
Always use hot water, if you are adding a sweetener or coffee at this point it melts easier too.
I use about 45 mls of water (I will measure properly this afternoon when I make one to be sure).
Add the pack and mix like mad.
I cook at 1 min 40 on an 800 watt micro.
They turn out perfect.
You might want to cook for the same time but at 65% power.

Alibongo am i right in thinking that you are doing a quick RTM, thought i read a post that you were doing wk1 & 2,together, wk 3 & 4, together etc, if you are i would be interested to hear how you are finding it! Hope you don't mind me asking but i intend to move to m/ment in 2wks and as i am going away on a 3wk course on 12th May it would be great to have completed my m/ment. Janey. xx
Yes I have condensed RTM a bit, I wanted to get through most of it before I go away in April. They don't like you doing it with the trigger weeks (8-12), so I did weeks 1-3 straight, then 4&5 and 6&7 together.
So I will be on bread week when I go away, which suits me.

I am loving RTM!
Any questions just shout.

Hi Caroline
It is actually 35-40 ml of water.
When it comes out it might seem a little damp on the bottom, if you turn it upside down it will continue to cook for a min and will then be perfect.

Hi Ali I made a strawberry one at the weekend it tasted of plastic but I ate it anyway. I used cold water so that answer my question to how they don't work, numpty.

If you don't get it quite right, they can be quite disgusting, I never managed to get a choc one to work.

Vanilla are good cos they are just like plain cake, but adding coffee is nice as long as you don't put too much in.

The vanilla/coffee combo definitely works better than any of the other ones I have tried.

The one I made last night (considering I've been trying for nearly 7 weeks) was the first one I've done that actually LOOKED like a muffin!!! :D

:eek: OOOOhhhh errrr.....
have just made a Toffee and Walnut Goo Ball...... :D

Ate it but felt I had deprived myself of a pack - just commencing a 2ltr bottle of sparkling water to compensate!

Not gonna make the CD Chef of the Year award am I???

Michelle x

:eek: OOOOhhhh errrr.....
have just made a Toffee and Walnut Goo Ball...... :D

Ate it but felt I had deprived myself of a pack - just commencing a 2ltr bottle of sparkling water to compensate!

Not gonna make the CD Chef of the Year award am I???

Michelle x
oH mICHELLE NEARLY PMSL!!

i tried muffins when I did LT a year or so ago. Nasty then, and i am reluctant to do it again! Goo ball sums it up! Only thing I have had luk with is the crisps, and they weren't made the recommended way either! LOL! i'M STICKING WITH THE PORRIDGE - I'VE CRACKED THAT ONE!

Just about sums up my culinary skills Nikki!

Will keep trying....... sigh!

M x

Back