Muffins.....

kazzamce

Got to do it this time!!
I tweaked the recipe I was using to use 3 egg whites and 1 whole egg instead of 4 whole eggs and it is much nicer I think - less eggy tasting - oh and silicone muffin moulds are a must have - I got to eat the whole muffin this time instead of about 2/3!

4tbsp oat bran
2 tbsp wheat bran
4 tbsp splenda
6 tbsp skimmed milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
3 egg whites + 1 whole egg
1 mullerlite toffee/vanilla yogurt
3 tbsp 0% total yog/fat free fromage frais/quark
1 tsp vanilla essence

Preheat oven to 180

Put all dry ingredients in one bowl and mix all the wet together in another - just before you are ready to put them in the oven add the dry to the wet and mix - then quickly in to 8 muffin cases in a muffin tray for about 20mins.

Yum!

This recipe is obviously for TWO days... given the quantity of oatbran and wheat bran, and isn't ok for attack. Many wouldn't like the skimmed milk powder either, as it's very carby... as for the muller lites, they're unfortunately now condemned...

So hmm... if you're losing eating this, why not, but I prefer to put this remark on here for any new person.

Yes - I meant to say it was for 2 days oat bran! I worked out that the recipe uses about 45g of the dried powder which equates to less than 568mls of skimmed milk over 2 days - and it is about 0.4g more carby than regular skimmed milk for the same amount. So the equivalent of an extra half pint of skimmed milk for 4 muffins per day.

I didn't know Mullerlites were out! Dang!! Will try using all fromage frais/0%yog/quark and maybe up the vanilla essence a bit.

Thanks.

Yeah someone read it on the official chat recently. It's impossible to keep up so, if losing while eating them, why not. If things are slowing down, perhaps think again!

(I don't put any milk in my muffins!)

Sounds yum will try this as I did make them and found them very eggy! but will have to wait till tommorrow as I'm making my first batch of dukan bread today!

Leaving out 3 of the egg yolks deffo makes them taste less eggy but the texture is still a bit wobbly - I lost 4lbs this week so will carry on as before - lol - but won't but mullerlites next time I shop - will stick to 0% total.

Meant to ask Joanne - what recipe do you use for your muffins? Could you post it please or point me in the right direction to a previous post if it's there already - I'll give them a go - all in the interests of science!! :)

Yes Joanne, pls tell us which recipe you use as i've just made the muffins as per the start of this thread (susbtituting the mullerlight with 3 tsps ff) and it's still too eggy :(

Back