muffins.

abz

Gold Member
i quite fancy trying this for lunch but i don't have a thingy dish. sorry, brain not working ha. all i can think of is a petris dish, but you know what i mean :) my question was can i use a small cup or something instead? do you reckon it would work?

abz xx

Anything you can put in the microwave is fine. As long as you don't mind odd shaped muffuns, lol. I use a cereal bowl.

i use a tea cup

just had one....for brekkie!!!!

nas x

awesome. am going to investigate. although i hope the 'eating' factor doesn't send me into a frenzy!!

abz xx

I only ever have muffins - I tried drinking the mix on my very first day and it went down the sink!!! I found it so entirely awful I never tried it again.

Now I either make it into muffins or mix it with just a little water and have it as a type of cold mousse type dessert.

Contrary to being driven into a frenzy by being able to chew I find that very satisfying.

So get that dish, tea cup, ramekin, or ever petri-dish (best scrubb it first!) out and get muffining!! I recommend them without hesitation!

nah it won't... i've been busy this weekend but i have had a quick read of your diary.,... I have to tell you when i do CD i only have chocolate packs... and that it.... and i eat them all as muffins.... cos i cant stand shakes!!!!!

Oh and i havent to date gone into a frenzy!!!!

ha ha

I only ever have muffins - I tried drinking the mix on my very first day and it went down the sink!!! I found it so entirely awful I never tried it again.

Now I either make it into muffins or mix it with just a little water and have it as a type of cold mousse type dessert.

Contrary to being driven into a frenzy by being able to chew I find that very satisfying.

So get that dish, tea cup, ramekin, or ever petri-dish (best scrubb it first!) out and get muffining!! I recommend them without hesitation!

Lol Fatpossum...I totally agree with you!!!!

ha. thanks guys. sorry to moan on so much. i daren't read my diary. i must come across as such a grumpy grotts. i'm not, i promise :D just want to make sure i'm doing the right thing. and i haven't cheated :)

abz xx

Dieting Queen - I too only have chocolate packs!!! I will have the mint chocolate ones or sometimes the orange chocolate ones but I hate everything else.

The Butterscotch is not too bad I suppose but whenever I have had that I have always mixed it with instant coffee!

how do you manage JUST on the chocolate ones. i have to admit i am slowly gravitating towards them myself. have had to limit myself to one a day or i'll run out before i buy my next lot...

abz xx

Can anyone give an actual amount of water to mix with to make the muffin. I made one too thick and it was gross. I really want to try again but wish i knew just how much water to use.

Can anyone give an actual amount of water to mix with to make the muffin. I made one too thick and it was gross. I really want to try again but wish i knew just how much water to use.

I think it's about 100mls, but i dont measure it.... I just put the shake in the teacup and use direct from the tap... lol!!! I'm that good.... now.... that i just get it right!

The consistency is like angel delight ( before i microwave it).... You could eat the pack like that without cooking it!!!

let me know how you get on! If it's not right.... i'll measure it next time i make one!

Nas x

Just made (and ate:p) a chocolate muffin.

I put enough water in till it looked like angel delight and then i cooked it. It was ok but lacked a lot of flavour when cooked, it didnt really tast of anything- i think i preferred it in its precooked stage:rolleyes:

how long did you cook it for?

I do it for 1 minute, it stays a bit gooey in the middle.... and doesnt go dry... I eat it with a spoon... like a souffle!

Nas x

well that was a mess!! ha. i put about 80mls in. then put in in a pyrex microwave glass thing. it exploded all over the microwave. clean microwave, pour slop into a large mug, try again, when the outside was burning the inside was still liquid. what i ended up with was something looking, and tasting, not unlike sloppy cat poo...

so another one down the sink. i was using lactose free cappucino. is that a problem? did i use too much water?

urghhh...

abz xx

Oh dear! I have no idea how much water i use but i remember reading that the paste before you cook it should be really thick, much thicker than you imagine it would need to be. I kind of work by that rule of thumb. Also if you beat it really hard & get loads of air in the end result is really light & rises nicely.
Its taken me a fair wee while to get everything to come together, but the choc muffins are now to die for!

Back