Muffy's battle with her self! 16 weeks 100% ....

16st 9.4lb :) xx

Just 1.1lb to get off then I'm back to my pre *week off* weight xx

Attachments

• image-1233996506.png
    image-1233996506.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Quick comparison and opinions please? Exante bar v's slim fast meal bar.

Iv compared the two bars as I have got to eat with pain killers but have no bars that are strictly acceptable, not had exante bars for over a year but i do have some of these slim fast bars in the back of my meal replacement stash as approved foods were selling boxes of 4 for 99p a box. could I do much damage if I have one of the slim fast bars instead. I know they are slightly different in values, higher carbs, lower calories, less vitamins and less fat.

But it has to be a better substitute than toast ;) it's just Something solids, so that I can take my tablets. ill have half with morning tablets and same at night? It's split into 2 also so carbs shouldn't be too many at once if you get my drift?

Thanks for any input xx

Attachments

• image-741993891.png
    image-741993891.png
    112.7 KB · Views: 32
  • image-3646914867.png
    image-3646914867.png
    104.2 KB · Views: 30
Have a good day hun you are doing so great i love it! Goodluck with physio xx

(PS deffo have the bar! Like you say - Better than toast etc surely!)

Yup, deffor the bar....
Can you not get the tesco bars muffy ? They are closer to the Exante values than the slim fast ones :)

Physio was crap :( really waste of time. Dislocated my arm doing simple exercise and they didn't even seem bothered just sent me home after watching hubby place it back in the socket for me, with an exercise sheet! Nothing they can do until MRI done so they can see what's the damage.... Still waiting for appointment :(

Had the bar. My tesco doesn't do them anymore. Tastes so much better than the tesco ones too. Feel ok diet wise.

Went to h&b for psyllium husks and bought 2 new shaker cups in the buy one for 4.45 get one for 1p sale

Drank a litre of mint tea 300ml of zero and a litre of bottles water so far today.

Hoping to relax for the rest of the day...

Xx

Physio was crap :( really waste of time. Dislocated my arm doing simple exercise and they didn't even seem bothered just sent me home after watching hubby place it back in the socket for me, with an exercise sheet! Nothing they can do until MRI done so they can see what's the damage.... Still waiting for appointment :(

Had the bar. My tesco doesn't do them anymore. Tastes so much better than the tesco ones too. Feel ok diet wise.

Went to h&b for psyllium husks and bought 2 new shaker cups in the buy one for 4.45 get one for 1p sale

Drank a litre of mint tea 300ml of zero and a litre of bottles water so far today.

Hoping to relax for the rest of the day...

Xx

Oh how sh*t :( sorry they were so crappy x def rest now try and get over it x well done on being good xxxx

Hi Muffy
Slim fast bars sound like a good plan to me. Better than toast.:D
Mere x

Iv managed to hoover, wipe kitchen down and tidy the dining room and lounge with the help of my aunt and kids. hoovering with my left arm wasn't easy!

I visited my friend who started dieting with me yesterday. She's not happy with her 1lb loss today. Bless her. I tried to be encouraging but I think I just got on her nerves instead? I do like to go on about how brilliant vlcd are but I'm not sure if its just me I'm trying to encourage?

I have had a choc shake and forgot to add psyllium husks to it as planned so I have made a big cup of warm water and added maybe a bit too much husk powder to it. It's slipping down nicely though, very gloopy and comforting :)

I'm out of zero and trying hard to up my water today. Iv had 1 litre bottled water 300ml zero 1litre mint tea extra 300ml in shake and now 400ml water with the husk powder so not doing too bad today :) ill have s&s cottage pie for dinner.
Hubby and boys are having pork chop potato and coleslaw (sorry for mentioning food so much) its going to be hard resisting one of my favourite meals tonight...

Has anyone had cottage pie pack before? Is it nice? Could I add spice to it? I like everything i eat with chilli/hot. :)

You're doing fab!! What is this husk stuff? Whats it for? xx

You're doing fab!! What is this husk stuff? Whats it for? xx

Oh it's just a powder made from husks from a plant in India and contains fibre and it absorbs fluid so can be used to thicken shakes or just dissolve in water and drink it. It helps you go to the loo. It helps to thivken loose stools or help to move constipation do good for ibs and its gentle as well cos its natural. It's got a few other health benefits but I think it's great for constipation and also just for making me feel full. It soaks water up in your gut and as it passes your colon it can grab hold of anything left behind that you would like gone including toxins. I feel better tonight iv had 2 lots today and I feel less bloated already and cleaner if that makes sense? some people use it to make bread as it stops the bread crumbling. i eat it like a goo with a spoon then drink a pint of water after. better than laxatives you don't get tummy aches or anything. I got regucol in holland and barratt for £10 a tub but its buy one get one for 1p sale xx Hope I didn't give any false info here xx

I need something like that, if it's still on offer I'll get some on Monday when I get paid. I normally take 2 dulco every 7-10 days as I don't go myself, gotta be the day befo I'm off work as my tummy can be agony the whole day. Sounds good chick. How's your evening been? I'm feeling very emotional tonight, just wanna cry... Obv totm ( it arrived today ) but just feeling really really down tonight... :(

Sorry you had such a miserable day at physio, how awful your poor hubby had to do that. Hope your feeling better now? Xxx

Hey Muffy, Hope your feeling a little better. I cannot believe they dislocated your shoulder and didnt care :( hugs xx

Oh i see sounds great!! Thanks for the info :)

Poor you in physio :( xx

Hi re the husk stuff, I read about it on here the other day so popped into h and b today too. I went for the capsules they were in the deal also ie 2nd one for 1p. Powder or capsules available whatever suits you best but a lot of people seem to recommend it if you on a high protein low carb diet. Not had yet, waiting til Friday when working at home just in case it mega efficient!!

Back