Mum in hospital, therapy, school.. diet.

Lostris

Serena's title didn't fit
Hi all,

I need some major moral support atm. My mum was admitted @ psychiatric ward in hospital last monday. She's had a pshychotic (sp?) episode and she will be in hospital for a long time to recover from it.

I'm also currently in therapy to overcome PTSD (result from abusive relationship) and I've just started the really heavy sucky part last friday. Mum was supporting me.

I've been doing this diet for about.. 17,5 weeks if I'm not mistaken and my mum was supporting me.

Can someone please tell me how the HELL I can convince myself to stick on this diet (been doing AAMW-form for a week now because if I try SS I have major binge-urges) because I'm seriously lost. :(

My mum always supported me with everything, she was always there when I needed to talk. Now I can't talk to her, I can't rely on her coz she's sick and I don't want to burden her. I have my dad and lovely sisters but they just don't understand and they haven't really been supper supportive as everything that matters atm (totally understandable) is mum.

Please help? :wave_cry::wave_cry: I can't do all this alone

Hi all,

I need some major moral support atm. My mum was admitted @ psychiatric ward in hospital last monday. She's had a pshychotic (sp?) episode and she will be in hospital for a long time to recover from it.

I'm also currently in therapy to overcome PTSD (result from abusive relationship) and I've just started the really heavy sucky part last friday. Mum was supporting me.

I've been doing this diet for about.. 17,5 weeks if I'm not mistaken and my mum was supporting me.

Can someone please tell me how the HELL I can convince myself to stick on this diet (been doing AAMW-form for a week now because if I try SS I have major binge-urges) because I'm seriously lost. :(

My mum always supported me with everything, she was always there when I needed to talk. Now I can't talk to her, I can't rely on her coz she's sick and I don't want to burden her. I have my dad and lovely sisters but they just don't understand and they haven't really been supper supportive as everything that matters atm (totally understandable) is mum.

Please help? :wave_cry::wave_cry: I can't do all this alone

I'm so sorry to hear that your Mum is not well at the moment and that you feel like you've lost all your support:sigh:

I know we can't replace her love and care for you but we are here to hold your hand and do what we can to keep you going. Just remember that...xxx

Maybe you could tell your counsellor that this has happened with your Mum and see what advice you may get about what you want to talk about in sessions just for now?
:hug99:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear that your Mum is not well at the moment and that you feel like you've lost all your support:sigh:

I know we can't replace her love and care for you but we are here to hold your hand and do what we can to keep you going. Just remember that...xxx

Maybe you could tell your counsellor that this has happened with your Mum and see what advice you may get about what you want to talk about in sessions just for now?
:hug99:

Hi,

Thanks for your response xxx

I already told her, or well.. my dad did. She asked me; do you want to continue with this therapy or do you want to talk about your mum etc..
I chose to continue but I can't handle it alone. I thought I was strong enough but I'm not.
I feel so stupid 'coz I cry all day while my lil sisters hardly cry at all and I should be the strong for them now.

We went to see my mum yesterday and it was terrible. She's not in a psychotic state or anything anymore but she wants to come home so badly and she can't. Doc said in the most optimistic scenario she could maaaaaaaybe be home for Christmas but he really couldn't make any promises.
We have Sinterklaas (sorta like Christmas but Dutch and different) friday the 5th of December. It's a family thing and she won't be there.

We've never had anyone from our family hospitalised for more than a day and now it's my mum for something like this.

:cry:

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, I really hope that both you and she get the support and care that you need from the people around you.

As Isis said, the people on here though they can't replace your mum and the level of support you have been getting from her will do their utmost to help you through this period in relation to the diet. You have to let us know how you're feeling and how and when you're struggling and everyone will do their best to help you along.

(((hugs)))

I am so sorry to hear your mum is in hospital, this in it itself is alot to handle and with everything else I can appreciate how you must feel totally lost, especially with your mum being your biggest support. I can completely sympathise, I would be lost without my mum but you can do this, you have done amazingly well so far and you should be proud of yourself that you haven't pigged out and gone completely off the rails.

No one will be able to replace the support of your mum but a forum like this one can be a fantastic aid to keeping you on track and keeping your spirits up, just let people know your good days and bad days and someone will be around to help.

I really hope your mum can be home soon and things start to look up for you, try to keep going as you deserve it xx

I'm so sorry to hear about your mum, I really hope that both you and she get the support and care that you need from the people around you.

As Isis said, the people on here though they can't replace your mum and the level of support you have been getting from her will do their utmost to help you through this period in relation to the diet. You have to let us know how you're feeling and how and when you're struggling and everyone will do their best to help you along.

(((hugs)))

Hi!

Thank you for the support. I have sticked to SS today but I have to admit I feel TIIIIIIIIIIIIRED. I really do, all this stuff sucks the life out of me lol. I can't go to sleep yet though, when I'm lying in bed I'll think about everything and anything and not be able to sleep... sigh.

Went to see her just now with 2 sisters and my dad. It's really hard to see how much she wants to come home... she says she's so alone there and wants to be with us.. She can't come home yet, probably will be a while before she can :(

(hugss) back

I am so sorry to hear your mum is in hospital, this in it itself is alot to handle and with everything else I can appreciate how you must feel totally lost, especially with your mum being your biggest support. I can completely sympathise, I would be lost without my mum but you can do this, you have done amazingly well so far and you should be proud of yourself that you haven't pigged out and gone completely off the rails.

No one will be able to replace the support of your mum but a forum like this one can be a fantastic aid to keeping you on track and keeping your spirits up, just let people know your good days and bad days and someone will be around to help.

I really hope your mum can be home soon and things start to look up for you, try to keep going as you deserve it xx

Hi,

Thanks for your support! My mum really is my biggest support and seeing how she is now makes me realise maybe I rely on her too much. Maybe she can't handle it all either... She knows what's going on around her and she really understand everything but now she really wants to go home :-(

Sigh... Sucks. I feel really exhausted. My therapy wears me out, this diet wears me out, the stuff with my mum wears me out.. :s A bit much...

xxx

So sorry about your mum, we are all thinking of you xx

Thanks for your support xxx

--------------
--------------
I really really want her home by Christmas :'( It won't be Christmas without her...

xx

Hi all,

Did a few SS days so far, am quite proud of myself. Hope to do SS for about 3 weeks and come out of it for a few pre-christmas gourmet dinners (@ studentplace and @ a friend) and hopefully be able to do 810 during Christmas.. Will be having 1 of each of the traditional new year snacks (oliebollen & appelbeignets) which we always make at home at new years but other than that I hope to stick to SS/SS+/810 during the holidays.

My mum is doing a bit better but the doctor doesn't want to rush things. If this week goes very well she can come home for a few hours this weekend. I really really hope she can but it might not be good for her.

She's desperate to go home and she's so sad about being in the hopsital :( It's terrible telling someone they can't go home when they so desperately want to :'(

I really reaaaaally hope she can this weekend but I hope it will go well and she will be able to go back.. I miss her so much..

x

Lostris very very well done on sticking to SS, you should be really proud of yourself for managing that during such a stressful time.

I really hope it all gets sorted for your mum really soon and that she's back home with you as soon as it's good for her.

Back