mum not well and feeling upset :(

Mum had a stroke, in hosp

:(:(:(:(:(:(

my mum is in hospital. she has had a stroke, it has taken her speech and has right sided weakness (was partially paralised but movement gotten better over past couple of days)

she had the stroke sat night/sun morn, dad rang 999 when he found her sunday morning and she has been in hosp since, luckily I was in the area anyway to visit her on mothers day, so I have been at hosp all day yesterday and this morning - just got back home to okehampton (she is in worcster royal hosp) I am shattered. I am going back up on friday.

yesterday she was totally vacant, no one home, but today she can understand more and say the odd word, she can also swallow today, yesterday she chocked when trying to swallow.

my brother is travelling up to see her, but has to head home again tonight or tomorrow.

I just dont know how to feel or what to say, she is stable and improving at the moment, but I am terrified she will have another stroke that will finish her off, and keep dreading getting a call saying she has passed away. I haven't even cried yet, I just feel numb. I can barely remember the drive home.

I have to work tomorrow and thursday - boss gave me today off.

:(:(:(:(:confused::confused::confused::confused::(:(:(:(

there has been improvements though, so I just keep trying to think of that.

oh, and I dare not get wieghed now either, lived on galaxy, fruit pastils and lucosade since yesterday. have no appetite, just stick anything in me when I get light headed.

((((((HUGS))))))

Really sorry to hear the bad news hun, i hope shes doing a bit better today - and as you say try to stay positive for the improvements you're seeing

Dont worry about the plan at the moment it's not your priority at the moment.

xxxx

thanks hun, been back at work today and been so distracted :(

there have been no changes today, so I guess no news is good news.

thanks.

I spoke to dad today, and she is making very slow improvements, she still cant talk, but is more aware of her surroundings and has her sense of humour back a little.

she may need rehab for a couple of weeks in a stroke unit, which i think is a good idea, he wont manage otherwise.

thanks for all your kind comments.

xx

Sorry I missed this. I am so sorry to hear about your mum - she sounds like quite a fighter though x

My grandad had a stroke on holiday many many years ago. It took some time and some work but he managed to geet his life back 'almost' to normal - and he was late 70s at the time.

I hope your mum keeps improving. Thinking of you all xxx

I missed this as well :(

Really sorry to hear about your mum, hopefully with rehabilitation work she can get back to as close to normal as possible xxx

thanks all. off to see her tomorrow.

Back