Mung beans

imso

Can you have these on induction?

The induction lists bean sprouts as suitable, which sprout from mung beans... i think?

never tried them before but there's a mung bean wrap in the sw recipe section that i wouldn't mind trying :)

I don't know but I wouldn't have thought so. I would imagine the mung bean has extra starches. This is also true for peas, sweetcorn etc. For example, mange tout is undeveloped and are OK... Baby corn the same... Full grown starchy pulses aren't suitable though.

Hope that helped!

SD xx

Hello, I actually looked this up a few days ago because I was making a stir fry. They are allowed during induction. As far as I know, they are on the "other acceptable veg" list and should be limited to about a cup a day.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi SD, I hadn't considered the point you made about the maturity of the vegetable. It would appear the mung sprouts are an exception. When they are in bean form, the carb content is much higher. Mature Sprouts are about 5 carbs for a cup serving / 100g.

Out of curiosity, would baby corn be ok to eat during induction?

Hi ladies - no mung beans, no corn on induction - sorry :)

Here's a full list of the A and B list that are allowed -

Vegetables
You can have two to three mugs per day of:

daikon radish
mushrooms
Rocket
endive
parsley
bok choi
pak choi
broad leaf endive
bell peppers
celery
fennel
radicchio
chicory
radishes
chives
lettuce
romaine lettuce
cucumber
lambs lettuce
sorrel

These salad vegetables are high in phytonutrients and provide a good source of fiber.

Other Vegetables:

You can have one mug per day of these veggies if salad does not exceed two mugs. The following vegetables are slightly higher in carbohydrate content than the salad vegetables:

artichoke
celeriac
pumpkin
artichoke hearts
asparagus
swiss chard
sauerkraut
bamboo shoots
spring greens
spring onion (scallions)
snow peas
bean sprouts
spaghetti squash
beet greens
eggplant
spinach
hearts of palm
string or wax beans
broccoli
kale
brussels sprouts
kohlrabi (German Turnip)
leeks
cabbage
okra (ladies fingers)
water chestnuts
cauliflower
onion (in moderation)
courgettes

Eeeeek! My apologies! I misread the very first post. I thought the question was in relation to bean sprouts, ( from mung beans) not the mung bean itself!

Mung beans have like 65 carbs for a one cup serving.

I have a way confusing myself and others, beware!

Aww, guess i'll have to wait until i go up the rungs before i try the wraps then... Thanks for the info folks :)

LOL Jenni you're not alone, I reguarly get names and details mixed up here :D My senior 'moments' have become senior 'days'! :D

Lol:D

Back