Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

munkypooh

Warning-Contains Nuts
Edit-
I'd forgotten I even started my thread like this!! God my willpower is crap!!! 5 months later I'm back to the same weight I was at the start....doh!

This is it. The last 2 months of dieting-whatever the result!!!

I have done virtually every diet under the sun over the last 8 years.
Overall I have reduced my weight a good deal, but it seems nothing compared to the hundreds of lbs I have gained and lost yoyoing and it all is beginning to get me down :sigh:

I'm 28 at the end of November, and is the date I'd hoped to achieve my goal weight of 9st. (The weight I was happy at in the past).

I have decided that I must draw a line under my constant dieting......If I have not reached my goal by my birthday I will be officially buying a size 12 wardrobe, donating my size 10's to charity, and moving on from what is becoming an obsession.....

This is my last stand!

...and I shall probably be rambling on in a self-indulgent manner about it......

lots......:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well....the sensible part of me thinks- calorie counting to the suggested 1100 cals using weightlossresources, and plenty of exercise. This plan says I should lose 2lbs a week.

I need to ignore my crazy instincts to flit from crash diet to crash diet and end up a stone heavier instead!!!

I should add...the reason I have 'thrown my toys out the pram' is that I followed this plan, properly, for 4 weeks and only lost 4/5 lbs..... :(
I can only think I've been estimating things wrongly, and must weigh absolutely everything etc....

angry_baby_head.jpg

As an artist, I tend to work in visuals.....
This picture explains my current frame of mind.....
:drool:

The scales have finally moved the right way!!!!
2.5 lbs off!
After two weeks of unexpected gains, I'm feeling much better. Plus having put an end date on my dieting is making me feel much more positive.
I've accepted that the only real need I have to be 9st again, is not for health reasons, or to be seen as more attractive to anyone else, it's just for me. So if it is becoming too hard to achieve and making me miserable-what is the point!!! Whatever weight I am by my birthday, is the weight I am staying, and I'm getting a new wardrobe for my birthday, in whatever size I am then!

I think that is a good attitude to have. I really want to get back to CD SS+/810 but am having probs with getting packs. Well done on your loss for this week, that is fab and you have an end in sight. You will look lovely on your birthday, whats more, you'll have a fab time shopping for your new wardrobe.

Thanks for your comments! It is helping me to write about this on here, also it is proof of my assertion that the dieting will be over soon, so I will (hopefully) get picked up on it and told off if I start up again afterwards other than maintaining!!

Why are you having problems with getting packs?

LOL Hey Sorry Not Laughing at you, just clicked to what your name actually says. Monkey POO! Hehehe
Chick You Have Done So Well! I Hope You Achieve Your Goal By Your Bday!! Good Luck

Why are you having problems with getting packs?

Went to see CDC and not all packs were available. She said she would post, they didn't arrive, still waiting 10 days later although CDC has said she would resend. I've got enough for a couple of days left, but want to use them to top up the packs I'm waiting on.

Last edited:
Minime - That's a bit of a pain, it's hard enough sticking to SS without having to compromise on your choices, or worry you'll run out!

Kirsty - Thanks for the message of good luck, also....I'm glad you appreciate my incredibly mature username!!

I need a kick in the arse today, had rhubarb crumble, now I'm drinking wine!!

Having an issue with, "I'll get back on track tomorrow" syndrome....

I will, honestly :break_diet:

At this time of the morning, I'm more like this.....

Yawning-614356.jpg

Hi Tara,
I've been measured at 5ft 5 and 5ft 6.... I choose to believe I'm 5ft 6 as that makes my BMI lower! :rolleyes:

I've decided to change my target weight........as I forgot to consider "2 important things".

When I was 9st previously I was a 34 AA.
I am now a 34 DD.....

I'm sure I don't need to explain how this has happened!!! It does mean there are going to be a couple of reasons that I don't mind being a bit heavier!!

I'm changing my target from 9st to 9st 7. I will be raising my calories gradually when I get there, so if I end up a couple of lbs lighter, then that will give me a bit of a buffer zone.... :)

Too much cabbage for lunch!!!
:sign0137:
At least it's a low calorie way to make your tummy hurt...:doh:

Hope you managed to get back on track today, love your little piccies in the thread. Think your being sensible in raising your target, I'm sure you'll look fab.

I've decided to join LL, first group meeting is on Tuesday, feel I'm wasting good money after bad on various diet clubs, CD attempts, gym membership etc... but mind issues will still be there, so decided to take bull by the horns. Still to tell OH, he is supportive at me losing weight, just doesn't quite understand why I need to abstain, but I'm sure he won't mind.

Minime- Thanks for your words of support, I think I'm best raising my target, partly for the reason mentioned :rolleyes: but also to just be more realistic about being able to maintain it long-term. :)

Good luck with LL :)
I hope you've found the thing that works for you :)

Back