Munkypooh- I don't NEED to be a size 10 really....

I seem to have made it through today unscathed by the temptations of the fridge.....:)

:ashamed0005: ahem.....my determination leaves a lot to be desired!!
(notice I made no such assertion of success yesterday!!:rolleyes:)

Glad you got thru today, won't ask about yesterday but course work all day and no OH, tricky not to have a little treat.

I'm not teacher myself but OH is and have worked in schools HR so know a lot of stressed teachers!!!

It sounds a brill idea to have a career break to follow your dream, like you say if you don't give it a go you will never know x

tara66- Poor you having to live with a teacher! I know I'm a nightmare, so I afford you the same respect as my poor ear-bashed boyfriend!!
I am quite scared of the career break idea, after 5 years I've got quite comfortable with my role, but I need to know if I could have really made it or not...have to wait and see!

I am really enjoying the liberating feeling of not weighing myself, it feels like a bit of a "lucky dip" to some extent!! I think I may set up a poll/competition to see who can guess what I'll weigh on 29/11, I don't think I'd win that bet, I've no idea how my resolve will pan out!!!

minime- Thanks for your kind words! :)

The non-weighing thing is going ok, it's letting me keep the nice feeling of waking up and thinking " I look/feel a bit slimmer this morning :)" without jumping on the scales and getting disappointed!!

Hi Munkypooh, I just thought I'd share this with you: Today I was trying to coordinate a date for a meeting for next month, and the 29th November came up. I thought, 'no, I'm sure there's something happening on that day'. It was about an hour before I realised it was your birthday / final weigh-in!! Needless to say I think I'll manage to have the meeting, but I am obviously quite excited to find out how you get on!
Much respect on not weighing yourself. After my horrible first week I'm on the scales twice a day - what the hell is the point?!

Yep....scales are evil!!!!

If I could get away with not weighing myself at all I'd prefer it, but to calculate my maintenance I really do need to know!

I was on them every day, often more than once...not constructive!!!

I think you'll find I'm actually just big-boned.....:mad:.
6057-albums476-picture2550.jpg

All in a day's horse-rustling for Munkypooh.......

I think you'll find I'm actually just big-boned.....:mad:.
6057-albums476-picture2550.jpg

All in a day's horse-rustling for Munkypooh.......

I should add that is actually me at my current weight in the picture (the one without hooves!!!!)

minime - We'll ......I was raised in't countryside....

friendlyface - can you not see the pic in my last thread post? it's in my "random" album on my profile too.... not very exciting though!!

I've booked myself in for an introductory hypnosis session, to address my 'food issues'..... :confused::eek:
I thought that it might help me on the last bit of my journey, and more importantly with my maintenance!!

I'd appreciate comments from anyone with experience of this!!

I've done Paul McKenna, but still not quite sure what to expect....:psiholog:

Hi MP....

I had hypnisis done earlier this year... a year after i finished LL. I had two sessions, they were great.... and i remember at the time thinking i wish i had them at the end of my LL journey, as i felt they would have helped me stay on track.

The sessions were great and cost about £60 each i managed to love about 8lb's too, and all was goign well... than one day i dont knwo why... i had something i shouldn't and that one thing reverted me back to how i was before... i just couldn't get that frame of mind back of when i first had the hypnosis.

i have now joined ww... and i have 12lb's to get back to my LL end weight... i feel WW is helping me learn portion size and making the right choices as of what to eat x

Nas x

I'm wondering if that might be what happens to me!

I do seem to always think that the next thing to come along is 'the answer' I've been waiting for...then I talk myself out of it a week later!!!

I am quite suggestible though...so perhaps it will work :)

My hypnosis is tomorrow at 3pm.... I'm starting to worry about what to say exactly...what DO I want to achieve by it exactly?

Essentially I want to be able to stop sabotaging myself so that I'm always in my safe "dieting zone". I think I'm scared of reaching target as then I'll have to address the fact that -

1;Perhaps I still won't like myself.
2;I spend too much time thinking about diets and my weight. What replaces this?

How do I verbalise this without seeming nuts!!! :eek:

Yikes!!!! :confused:

Back