mushroom burgers

jem3139

Silver Member
hi everyone I am new to this and am doing it from home and I need a little help.I went to ada today and bought a box of 2 mushroom burgers with a mozeralla and pepper topping ..I have tried to see how many syns there are and I get 13...but I think this isn't right I thought I was buying something healthy.
there are 2 burgers in the box ...total weight is 267g ......and it is 201 cals for 100g can anyone help me with this or can I use it as a free food? please x

I would imagine there are syns in the coating as they're probably coated like fishfingers yes?

They might have oil in them too, I will do a search see if i can find anything.

From what I've read, they are going to be high in syns I'm afraid, I would go with the 7 at least each and then probably add more for the mozz in them unless you're using an HEA for that. Sorry x

thanks muddypaws these ones are about 130g each ,thay are not coated in crumbs but do have cream cheese as well as the mozzerella they sounded so yummy will just have to leave them for another day.thank you so much you seem to have gone to a lot of trouble x

No worries or trouble at all! :)

To be honest, most processed burger type things are pretty high in syns it seems. Tesco meat free burgers are really yum and are half a syn each I think. They're really good and I'm not veggie I just love them and they're good for a quick tasty snack.

I am going to make my own vegetable/bean type burgers one of these days. Keep an eye out for them in my diary! ;)

Just to add, If you were to syn the whole thing it would be about 14 syns each burger if you use the 20cals = 1 syn rule. Obviously the actual mushroom part is free but that doesn't account for much of it unfortunately.

Is it this one? If so it works out at 24 Syns a box so 12 syns each. Unfortunately the top food ie mushrooms are only 15% of it - the rest is cheese, rice, flour, potato, more cheese, oil, more flour etc :( Like the others have said most veggie/beanburgers are high, theyre always full of flour and oil and stuff, often nuts too, plus anything with cheese on adds lots to the syns. Try to stick to things at around 5g fat per 100g or less when you can. No problem as a one off though :)

thanks guys ..I think I will look for a nice recipe and try to mke my own. goodluck to you both this week x

Back