Mushroom Risotto

Button mushrooms
1-2 red onions
Risotto rice (100g ish per person)
Veg stock cube (1 pt of boiling water, or follow what rice packet says)
Philadelphia Extra Light or Laughing Cow Extra Light

I really do this recipe by sight rather than measuring anything out but it's lovely and creamy and delicious. I usually have it on it's own so I would do quite a lot of rice.

1. Dry fry red onion and mushrooms.
2. Add rice and stir.
3. Gradually add stock little by little and keep stirring.
4. When you've used all the stock and the rice is cooked and the risotto is the consistency you like, stir in the Philadelphia or Laughing Cow.
5. Season to taste.
6. Eat straight away!!

yum yum i wanna try this sounds lush

can i use cous cous instead of risotto or normal rice. havent got any risotto at the mo, and do u cook it then put it in frying pan? x

Yep normal rice works fine it's just the risotto rice has a better risotto consistency. I've been known to make it with Uncle Ben's mushroom rice (the microwave one) and even paella rice works the same way.

You could do it with cous cous too, try it and see! Just cook it the same way, add a bit of stock until it dissolves then keeping adding it. I'm sure it will be delish! I never thought to try with cous cous - good idea!!

thanks.

sorry im being thick!!

wen u say add stock u mean stock made up with water then adding it to frying pan or stock on its own?

Ha ha sorry I didn't make it sound very clear did I?! Yes made up with water (about 1 pint to 1.5 pints I use) Or just follow the packet.

Sorry!!!!!

xxx

Ohhh this sounds lush, Im gonna make this soon x

I love rissotto and this sounds nice and simple I think I may try it for tea I'm suppost to be having roast duck but the boyfreind has fallen asleep on the sofa and he is suppost to be cooking it!! Ha ha

Back