Mushroom souo

Does anyone have a good recipe for mushroom soup either syn free or low syn? I have some that need using up and fancy making it into soup x

here is my recipe..................

Pete’s Mushroom Soup-2

Serves 2
Ingredients
1 Ltr Hot vegetable stock
100g white mushrooms, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tsp mixed herbs
Method
Spray a saucepan with Fry light and add the onion and garlic and “sweat” for 5 mins.

Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes then add the hot stock, herbs, and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

Remove from the heat and part liquidise, leaving small pieces of mushroom, with a hand blender, add seasoning to taste, simmer for a further 15 mins.

Attachments

• Mushroom Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    Mushroom Soup-2 (Large).JPG
    150.6 KB · Views: 117
bilsat said:
here is my recipe..................

Pete’s Mushroom Soup-2

Serves 2
Ingredients
1 Ltr Hot vegetable stock
100g white mushrooms, chopped finely
1 onion, chopped finely
1 celery stick, chopped finely
1 garlic clove, chopped finely
1 tsp mixed herbs
Method
Spray a saucepan with Fry light and add the onion and garlic and “sweat” for 5 mins.

Add mushrooms and cook for a few minutes then add the hot stock, herbs, and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 15 mins.

Remove from the heat and part liquidise, leaving small pieces of mushroom, with a hand blender, add seasoning to taste, simmer for a further 15 mins.

Yum! Thankyou! Can't wait to make :)

I made one last week, completely made it up but it was lovely.

I chucked a couple of cloves of garlic in a pan, with an sliced onion and sweated till soft. Chopped a large box of mushrooms and added to the pan. When they had reduced enough to all fit in the pan, I added vegtable stock to cover and simmered till the mushrooms all looked soft. Then I blended.

I added natural yogurt to it when serving to make cream of mushroom, and dp added quark (apparantly he thought it was yogurt) and both were yummy. I froze the remainder without yogurt or quark added.

Back