Mushrooms........

Zimara

Yummy mummy to be!
How do you do yours?

I've tried grilling them with frylite but they just turn out rubbery. Any low syn tips to get the texture like fried mushrooms?

Personally I don't fry mushrooms that much but when I do I use a little oil put the lid on & let them saute :)

i usually only have them in stir frys but when have had them on their own a quick way is put them in a bowl, with a tiny bit of water then nuke them for about a minute and they are lovely (or my taste buds are on the blink - please let me know lol

I fry them in frylight in a frying pan as I would normally do if using normal fat :)

Thanks for the replies all, i'll certainly be trying your suggestions, i really miss my fried mushrooms!

I slice them, fry them slowly in fry light with some seasoning, lea & perrins and Maggi liquid seasoning. Then if I want to use syns I'll add a tsp of low fat spread (1syn) stirred in at the very end to give a buttery flavour

I only really ever have them with a cooked breakfast to get in my superfrees....and as i cook the bacon, tomatoes and sausage on the george foreman i thought to save washing up id chuck them in there....they are amazing!! :)

I chop mine and put them in a bowl with chopped tomatoes and spring onions, garlic or anything else I want with them. I cook them in the microwave, and they taste OK.

I dry fry mushrooms in a non-stick frying pan.

I also like to put as spoonful of Sainsbury's lemon and piri piri marinade in a huge mushroom and bake it in the oven or put it on the barbeque. 1 syn per tablespoon.

Last edited:
I find that there is no need to add fat at all. Just slice them and dry fry them (with a bit of garlic is good). If you have a non-stick pan they tend to "sweat" so you can cook them in their own juices.

For me there is nothing like mushrooms fried properly with oil and I syn the oil. I use about 2 teaspoons and call it 4 syns. I cook onions and garlic with them.......absolutely delicious.

I use the butter frylight, they taste great fried :)

Back