Mushrooms

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bo_lady, 31 July 2007 Social URL.

1. bo_lady

bo_lady Full Member

Morning Everyone,

Well had my first aam last night and it was great!!!

However in my head I thought I cud have mushrooms. I had 2 dry fried and they were lovely then read my book and I cant have them??!?!!?!?

Is it going to affect me badly??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Should not affect you at all, as mushrooms are very low carb and won't knock you out of ketosis- however you must try to be strict with what you eat- it will be much easier to go back to sole source if you do.

I love mushrooms by the way- reading your post made my mouth water!

Good luck with the rest of the week!

4. fingers crossed

fingers crossed Silver Member

I'm sure that mushrooms are ok. Have read in someone else's post a while back that we can have anything that grows above the ground so mushrooms would be fine.

There are 5.3g carbs & 28 cals in 100g of mushrooms so they're pretty low. Just be careful you don't have too many.

5. bo_lady

bo_lady Full Member

Are you allowed to have Green beans or Mangetout??

6. fat_2_fabulous

fat_2_fabulous Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    6st9lb(34.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world extra easy
    im on add a meal soon. is it ur 4th or 5th week you do it??and do u do it every month or just the once. im scared about doin it cos its gunna be so hard leavin food again right in the middle!!!

7. fingers crossed

I see where you're going with the above ground thing. No peas are high carb & cals for the amount you get- 14.3g carbs & 78cals per 100g. I'd assume beans are the same. I know on SW all veg are free except peas, sweetcorn, pots etc as they're higher cab/cals than others.

I think the 790 sticky thread explains it much better than I ever could if not I have seen it recently & will try to hunt it out for you.

8. fingers crossed

Yeah Coley explains it half way down the AAM/790 sticky thread.

9. TTey68

TTey68 Full Member

Mushrooms are fine on AAMW x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.