Mushrooms

bo_lady

Morning Everyone,

Well had my first aam last night and it was great!!!

However in my head I thought I cud have mushrooms. I had 2 dry fried and they were lovely then read my book and I cant have them??!?!!?!?

Is it going to affect me badly??

Should not affect you at all, as mushrooms are very low carb and won't knock you out of ketosis- however you must try to be strict with what you eat- it will be much easier to go back to sole source if you do.

I love mushrooms by the way- reading your post made my mouth water!

Good luck with the rest of the week!

I'm sure that mushrooms are ok. Have read in someone else's post a while back that we can have anything that grows above the ground so mushrooms would be fine.

There are 5.3g carbs & 28 cals in 100g of mushrooms so they're pretty low. Just be careful you don't have too many.

im on add a meal soon. is it ur 4th or 5th week you do it??and do u do it every month or just the once. im scared about doin it cos its gunna be so hard leavin food again right in the middle!!!

I see where you're going with the above ground thing. No peas are high carb & cals for the amount you get- 14.3g carbs & 78cals per 100g. I'd assume beans are the same. I know on SW all veg are free except peas, sweetcorn, pots etc as they're higher cab/cals than others.

I think the 790 sticky thread explains it much better than I ever could if not I have seen it recently & will try to hunt it out for you.

Mushrooms are fine on AAMW x

Back