Music You Listen to While Working Out??

David1983

My first trip to the gym tomorrow night, I have my Ipod at the ready and I am in need of some inspiration for some listening material whilst I'm dying on the treadmill.

Over to you guys, what do you listen to???

David1983 said:
My first trip to the gym tomorrow night, I have my Ipod at the ready and I am in need of some inspiration for some listening material whilst I'm dying on the treadmill.

You will be fine something to listen to that's gonna get your heart going like when you were younger and going on a night out and the music you
Lay when you are getting ready , good luck

I listen to David Guetta and cheesy pop songs like Rhianna and Lady Gaga, anything uptempo basically!

Nero - Promises really helps me to keep rhythm when running. There's a new CD called 'Now That's What I Call Running'. Haven't got it myself but heard it has some good tracks.
Good luck!!

I've recently downloaded a couple of CD's that were made for exercise such as 'work out mix' and 'now thats what I call running' as well as dance/club remix singles they always keep you motivated rather than some things out of my music collection because they're fast paced and keep you going even if you hit a wall along with a ipod nano (6G) it's the perfect gym duo (for me at least). :)

David1983 said:

I have the "now that's what I call running" cd and would highly recommend it!! Not to uptempo that you can't keep up but definitely keeps you motivated! Mix of old and new songs. Brilliant!

I think it depends on what you like. I couldn't spend an hour listening to dance music 5 times a week so I couldn't get that running album. It should be up tempo though, I agree. Personally I got for stuff that's fast, loud and generally very angry sounding like Sepultura, Skindred and Slipknot.

I think it depends on what you like. I couldn't spend an hour listening to dance music 5 times a week so I couldn't get that running album. It should be up tempo though, I agree. Personally I got for stuff that's fast, loud and generally very angry sounding like Sepultura, Skindred and Slipknot.
Couldn't have said it better myself. My workout playlist centres around lots of Slipknot, Slayer, System of a Down, Sepultura (Hang on there's an 'S' theme here), Pantera, Misery Loves Company, etc, etc. It has to be fast paced and aggressive to help me overcome 'the wall'.

Back