Musically talented anyone?

I used to play piano too when I'm still with choir in my church... Right now I want to learn how to play drums... I already gave up on guitars cause I'm a lefty it's hard to strum! :(

I play the keyboard, with Yamaha music school for about 7 years-ish.

Would love to play Drums, Guitar and the sax tho!

i started playing violin when i was 8 and played for 4 years. I started the clarinet when i was 10 and because of the workload with both instruments i dropped violin.

I took clarinet on full time. I ended up getting a music scholarship to Perth Modern School which is pretty much your equivalent to Cheethams in Manchester. The school day was worked around music lessons.

I started school everyday at 7 am with orchestra or band or chorale. I had a clarinet lesson during the day, a voice lesson and music appreciation, aural, composition and prac.

I played clarinet for 7 years for an orchestra that toured austria and italy on competitions and festivals from the age of 14.....which i think is pretty amazing.

I lost my confidence when i started to put on weight and i stopped being able to perform in front of people for my exams. Plus it didnt help that i was number 3 in the state. I am a perfectionist and number 3 just wastnt good enough in my book.

I dont play at the moment but eventually i hope to have music a big part of my life again.

Taz x

I strum (or should that be thrash) on my electric guitar, not seriously, but it makes a serious amount of noise! I'm into heavy metal...

Last edited:
I strum (or should that be thrash) on my electric guitar, not seriously, but it makes a serious amount of noise! I'm into heavy metal...

Aye I tend to do the same...wouldn't claim to be able to play but distort a guitar up and stick it in drop D* and I'll play away til my hearts content

* Ok I can master standard tuning now too but still...!

and stick it in drop D* and I'll play away til my hearts content

You're just showing off now...heh! ;)

I used to play classical piano but got bored, dabbled with and mastered the recorder at an early age, got into rock/heavy metal and noise and decided it was time to learn the guitar, the louder and noisier the better...not that the electric guitar takes any less skill than an acoustic...I'm just not skilled...at any instrument...I like messing about far too much.

I used to play the bagpipes, left the band years ago though. still enjoy going to watch bands play, make it up to cowal every year if i can. Had a go at a snare drum once, terrible. lol

I used to play the bagpipes, left the band years ago though. still enjoy going to watch bands play, make it up to cowal every year if i can. Had a go at a snare drum once, terrible. lol

I find that insane...a fellow bagpiper :eek:

We came 3rd in grade 2 at Cowal this year :D

I can make a noise like a 10 year old child on a recorder.
I can make a violin sound like it is trying to tear out your ears with a rusty spoon.
I can play the piano with one hand.
I can sing like a tone deaf toddler who likes death metal.

However I can paint ok......so all is not lost....

Wow, thats great! :D:D I didnt manage to make it this year.....its a great gathering, especially the piping down the street on the last day. lol

I can't really remember getting down the street this year :rolleyes:

Who did/do you play for?

I used to play for St.Annes pipe band, but we never used to compete...it was more carnivals and hotels. I joined Warrington Juvenile for a while but didnt stick it out. Quite miss playing really, dont think my fingers could go that fast now though. lol :p
Who do you play for?

I used to play for St.Annes pipe band, but we never used to compete...it was more carnivals and hotels. I joined Warrington Juvenile for a while but didnt stick it out. Quite miss playing really, dont think my fingers could go that fast now though. lol :p
Who do you play for?

I play for Lomond and Clyde. Good band to be in I feel, very fun band to be in too :D

Got a new pipe major and lead drummer in for the coming season and are aiming to do very well at the major championships.

I sing and play the guitar. I prefer acoustic guitar but I have 3 different guitars so I can change to an electric if i am feeling a bit angry :)
I shall post a link to my myspace music page when I put some stuff up!

I play the piano (grade 8 - cant beat a bit of Beethoven if feeling p*ssed off), flute (grade 6), the drums, the recorder (but I have denied this for many years as being a primary school teacher I would be forced to teach the recorder club and there is no way on the planet I would want to teach the recorder to 60 small children...) and I can play 'twinkle twinkle little star' and the first 8 bars of 'Nothing else matters' by Metallica on the guitar which I do believe is my greatest musical accomplishment 'cos playing the guitar is fiddly and difficult. :rolleyes:

Living where I do I really miss the opportunity to play the piano or drums,
but such is life...

xx

I play guitar, sing and also trained in sound engineering (digital).. I started on the piano last year but couldnt stick the grade system.. would love to get a piano though.. they are so blimmin expensive.. since I have had 2 babies in 2 years i havent played anything much atall.. would like to start again when I have time... and also want to get a home studio up and running but you need to be so focused and it is soo time consuming..
But all said and done, my favourite music is Drum and Bass( not the brass band stylexx) hehe.... xxx

I play cornet in a brass band. We do local concerts and also the odd competition.

Rehearsing at the moment for the Regional Championships which take place in Blackpool for the North West on 1st March. If we are placed 1st - 3rd in that we will go on the the National finals at Harrogate in October to compete against bands in our section from each region.

Great fun and brilliant social side to it too. Flexible syns come in at competitions when we are either celebrating or of course drowning our sorrows!!!

Hmm old threat I know but still...

my current instrument collection

A-body f-hole mandolin
F5 mandolin copy (Chinese made but quite good)
Korean built classical guitar
Soprano ukulele
Archtop acoustic guitar (set up for lap style playing)
Small body travel guitar (set up for lap style)
Violin/Fiddle
6 string electric lap steel
and my pride and joy
DeNeve squareneck resophonic guitar (dobro)

I play dobro to quite a good level, and have lots of praise from top professional bluegrass musicians about my playing progress. I don't think it is too far fetched that I could be semi-pro one day (wish I could be pro but not likely in the UK).
Mainly it's bluegrass and older country, but also western swing, blues, starting to dabble in jazz and pre 1960s pop music.

Mando, not very good yet...maybe one day...

Back