Musicals + Theatre Shows

Auburn

x x x
Hello :)

Who else is interested in musicals and theatre productions?

I used to play the clarinet when I was in school, and I was never amazingly good, but I enjoyed it and I really regret giving it up when I was 18... :(

I've seen a few shows. West Side Story, most recently and then last week I went to see Chicago, it was amazingly good... Really spot on! :)

Rocky Horror in the new year!! SO excited for that..!

I LOVE MUSICALS!!! I have seen Rocky Horror 2 times and I'm going again in Feb 2010. I have recently seen Cabaret, Calamity Jane (my childhood film), Satuday night fever, allsorts. Chicago is on at the Grand in Leeds next week and I would LOVE to see that (hint hint OH!!!)

I LOVE going to theatre -- I have seen a lot of London and some local shows. Last show I saw was Calendar Girls.

MM

Oh I've hit the jackpot in topics! Musical Theatre is my number one passion in life. I'll try not speak too much cos once I start, I won't stop. Been down to London five times this year, and got my new year break booked for January 3rd!

One of the reasons I am trying to lose weight is to give me a bit more confidence and a push to apply to drama schools in London in the next couple of years.

I've been in a good few too, and was involved in the "West End Stage" Summer school this year, spending a week in London working with theatre professionals (cast members from Blood Brothers, and Horrid Henry himself! for example) to put on a short performance in Her Majesty's Theatre!

I'll hush up now :)

Last edited:
I saw Wicked (again) on December 30th with my DH, DD (age 10), and neice (15). I had seen it in Nov. 2006 with Idina Menzel... and had not wanted to ruin that awesome experience with a revisit. But, my neice really wanted to see this particular show. Well, it was a matinee and the two main parts (Galinda and Eufalba) were being played by the unuderstudies... but they were fantastic and the show was great. I had forgotten so much in three years.

We're going to try and get to Jersey Boys very soon.

MM

Last edited:
phantom, les mis(twice), lion king, miss saigon, notre dame, joseph, chicago, hairspray, grease, mamma mia, blood brothers, mousetrap, hamlet,scrooge, lady in black, romeo and juliet etc. etc. etc.

i think next on the list are: we will rock you or stomp...

uh-oh...guilty...i have seen too many (and some maybe more than once..whoops) ..and I am sure to see many more :) i love it!!!

Last edited:
I love musicals, me & MiL go as much as possible, but we tend to stick to the local theatre's as she is in a wheelchair & it's far easier if I drive than if we go on the train somewhere. We've seen so many inc Chicago which was brill. We'd love to see The Sound of Music & Pricilla Queen of the Desert, but it's just too far to travel. Hopefully one day they'll be on at the Blackpool Grand :)

HH,

Oh, "Priscilla Queen of Desert" -- I loved that film. I will add it to my list.

GE -- I liked Stomp, but found it after a bit "same ole, same ole". There wasn't really a story line, just a "talent show" aspect to it.
"We will Rock You" was fantastic -- and, yes, the storyline is bit silly-ish but it worked with Queen's music and that was amazing! A must see!
So, how is "Blood Brothers"? I've heard good things.

MM

I would have LOVED to have seen Idina Menzel in Wicked, although I am a bigger fan of Kerry Ellis, and thought she was fabulous in the role, as is Alexia Khadime.

I was in London earlier this week (and got stuck trying to get home :( ) and saw Legally Blonde, Blood Brothers, Phantom of the Opera and Rise and Fall of Little Voice. All of which were really really good. Mel C was brilliant in Blood Brothers, better than I was expecting, and really enjoyed Diana Vickers performane in Little Voice.

I love theatre :)

i love musicals :D amazingg . Being in a west end show is a dream for me . Yesterday i auditioned for BBC Dorothy " Over The Rainbow" The Search For Dorothy . Was a tuff audition but never got through . Was thinkin it was cuz a was fat but im just being paranoid as the thin girls never got through and we where all amazing .

ive seen Chicago twice now . I love it !! thats one id like to be in.

thanks MM!!
The time I saw Blood Brothers, it was fabulous...that one I can only recommend!!! xxx

Saraaagee -- Four shows in one week: My idea of heaven! I'll have to try to see Mel C I always thought she was the Spice Girl who could actually sing!

MM

I also saw We Will Rock You the week before on tour in Edinburgh. It was really good though because there was a group of 11 of us so the tickets were all really cheap!

Mel C's acting is really raw too. Because she isn't a trained actress, its just very real, like, she is simply reacting how she would in real life.

She made me cry, in a good way hehe. I mety her at the stage door too, and she was lovely!

The Lion King IS amazing :D Still made me cry though haha.

I have Stomp next week, so excited it is finally HERE!
And tickets for Rocky Horror... Hurrah!!! :D

Going to Jersey Boys on Sunday -- been wanting to see this for ages! Yeah.

Back