My 10 Week TS Bali Bikini Diet

OMG! I cannot recommend enough the low carb gourmet recipe book by Karen Barnaby. It has loads of great info on low carbing, and amazingly there is not a recipe in there that I wouldn't try. It even has low carb baking recipes, I am so excited! Anyone for dinner at mine...
nibbles are five spice sesame walnuts, starter - parmesan stuffed eggs with toasted almonds, then pancetta wrapped salmon with red wine butter and finished off with strawberry shortcakes with mascarpone balsamic cream. I would surely never be able to eat all that, but yum the flavours sound great.

Supersmileyme said:
OMG! I cannot recommend enough the low carb gourmet recipe book by Karen Barnaby. It has loads of great info on low carbing, and amazingly there is not a recipe in there that I wouldn't try. It even has low carb baking recipes, I am so excited! Anyone for dinner at mine...
nibbles are five spice sesame walnuts, starter - parmesan stuffed eggs with toasted almonds, then pancetta wrapped salmon with red wine butter and finished off with strawberry shortcakes with mascarpone balsamic cream. I would surely never be able to eat all that, but yum the flavours sound great.

As I'm low carbing I may have to hunt that one down too :)

diembroadhurst said:
Actually the only other one I would suggest right now is Nicola Graimes Big Book of low carb recipes - but I think its out of print and a bit pricey unless you can get it 2nd hand for a bargain. Its nice because all the ingrediants are english and still available normal ingrediants.

Thanks, I'll have a look. Have searched online for some of the things required, especially for low carb baking. Things like guar gum, they are all out there and fairly low cost especially when you consider how little you use per bake.

Found the book you were talking about, but yes it is rather pricey. I may go for her 101 low carb recipes for £1.51 instead!

Last edited:
Right, I want that book so I've converted some nectar points to Amazon gift certificates so I can buy it - genius!

Just tried on some of my smaller underwear as the current stuff is getting a big baggy. A few things fit, but annoyingly must of it does not look right with a little jelly belly. However, I don't think it will be more than a couple of Weeks before they look better. It's back to the baggy stuff for a while.

Have spent the evening working out a months worth of low carb menus, writing lists of all that's required on a monthly and weekly basis from the supermarket etc. it took alot of time, but it's done now in preparation for the first month.

Morning all,
I've woken up and now raring to go. Went for a walk with the dog, who's all back to normal health now. Thought I had better get out before the rain sets in for the day :-(
I don't feel hungry in the slightest this morning and am feeling smaller by the minute.
Today I'm wearing a very bright top, the sort that sits tight under the bust, then comes down loose. The sort that when I bought it in my big days, made me look pregnant. Today it looks very nice with white trousers.
I have decided to bite the bullet and buy a few nice bits of holiday clothing in a 12. Despite the fact that I change my mind from day to day as to quite where I'll be weight wise in a months time, I do realise that realistically I'm going to be smaller than a 14. So on Friday I'm heading off to find some smaller trousers, a top and some Clarins body firming cream. I used to work for them, and I remember the amount of slimming ladies that used to come in telling me that the stuff really works.
Have a good day whatever you're doing.

Feeling very low on energy today. Admittedly I didn't stop for long enough at work today to have breakfast before 12.30 and am due another pack. However, the whizzy up machine is in the dishwasher and there was clearly no way I was going to wash it up by hand!! So I've had a bouillon in the interim and hope that will see me through.

Ah right. I've got a real craving for granny Smith apple with peanut butter. Yum! Think I better have my next shake before I fall off the wagon too. I think there's some telepathic connection going on, you've eaten so now it's in my mind or maybe I'm a big ole copy cat!

Yum, best shake yet is banana packet plus strawberry packet, whizzed up with 6 ice cubes and 250ml water. Thick shake, ooooooh it's lovely

Hilarious, the p-bo (yes, it's what I call peanut butter)and apple thing.

So I've made lists of the ingredients I require for all the low carb cooking, which weeks I need what etc according to the meal plans I've made. Also lists of hardware I need to replace such as a heavier frying pan that won't buckle, and can go into the oven, a cleaver and a wok. Lastly, a list of more obscure ingredients that need ordering from the interweb. It will be a more expensive start taking all this into account, but we're talking about maybe £100 more in order to ensure health and longevity. You can't put a price on that.

Woke up feeling rather bereft, thought I had failed and eaten a curry with rice - must have been a dream. Imagine my elation when I realised all was ok. Must be the first time the scenario wasn't the other way around!

Hmmm, I've got a headache. Have even had to take my contact lenses out and wear glasses at work (unheard of)! Consequently I am having my first 'meal', a bar, now.
My friend has cancelled her trip shopping with me for tomorrow, which is a blessing in disguise really as clothes shopping with her 2 year old in tow would probably not have been ideal. So, I am looking forward to some time shopping alone, a coffee stop, and a general mooch about.

Back