My 100% Experience/Opinion (For what it's worth!)

Hi slimmerplz, noticed you started the day before me, how are you getting on?

Rickard71 said:
Hi slimmerplz, noticed you started the day before me, how are you getting on?

Hi yea I am doing really well thanks in fact im never hungry and have to force myself to drink my last shake all food cravings have gone I just like the smell now and im a happy person lol

How are you doing?

Thanks for this amazing post Betsy....your bloody amazing and i hope to follow in your footsteps! :D

I am new to this and am really only hoping to loose 25 lbs at the most. I am 10st 1lb at first weigh in and chose the TFR as to get me started it was straight forward for me. I have completed day 3 and have been 100%. I don't think I will be allowed do more than two weeks before I have to move to refeed and matainence.
As I am weak willed i thought I would struggle but reading this story had made me really feel like its a very small short term sacrifice for a long term gain.

I am starting back to work in 7 weeks after having a baby 5 months ago. I am hoping a health fit body will ease the transition.
Thanks again for your story

Hi all, to reactivate this post can I ask how everyone is doing? I'm really interested in following lipotrim for a few months to help kick start my weight loss. Hope everyone is doing well.

hello all, I'm on my first week of tfr and doing good, not finding myself hungry....went food shopping yesterday and what a change it was for me. didn't pick up all the junk i usually do on the excuse it was for the kids. think that my being on tfr will benefit all my family....am even making healthier food choices when i'm cooking because i'm not following my own cravings. i aslo find all the inspiration i need to keep me on track here......just wish i'd decided to take this journey sooner.

what an amazing achievement you must be so proud of yourself x

I have 5 st to lose and totally determined to succeed not just for me but for my little girl I want to take her swimming and run around the park with her and I also want her to grow up on healthy nutrtious food as I have discovered a real love for cooking x

keep finding my way back here....you really are inspiring. having loads of self doubt at moment. but i'm trying really hard to get my mind back in gear.....seem to be fighting with myself at mo...loads of self doubt going on. need a kick in the butt i think!!

very inspiring, hope i can do half as well as you have Betsy!

You're inspirational. I have read your post 3 times. Each time I have felt weak, I grabbed a glass of water and sat down and read this post. Thank you so much to showing me that it can be done!!

Love this forum, think it's a great idea!

I started LT on the 3rd of August 2009, 35 weeks ago. The day I started I weighed in at 22 stones 7lbs/ 315lbs, wearing a size 28/30/32. I sit here now weighing 10 stone 12lbs/ 152lbs wearing a size 10 pair of skinny jeans and a size small boob tube (a boob tube haha, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd ever wear a boob tube again, nevermind a size small!)

I have been 100% throughout. Not a morsel or food or drink (apart from water and shakes) has passed my lips the whole time, and won't until I have reached my goal. I am a stickler for the rules type of person, and I believe that when you commit yourself to something that will totally change your life for the better, then it's best to use it to it's full potenial, and in the way it was designed to achieve maximum results.

My LT journey has benefited me more psychologically more than it has physically. My total abstinence from food and drink has taught me so much about myself. I was a comfort/boredom eater. Food was my best friend. If I had a crisis/upset/stress I ran straight to the fridge or the local takeaway to ease my pain. If I found myself at a loose end with nothing to do, I headed straight into the loving arms of food to ease my boredom. LT and total abstinence has taught me that I don't need to turn to food to help me cope with the stresses and strains of everyday life. I don't need to eat and drink just because it's your birthday/Christmas/Wedding/Easter etc. LT has taught me control. It has taught me that food will not take away the hurt/stress. If anything it will hinder the process of healing. I would eat, get fatter, get depressed about getting fatter, thus this adds to the original misery, leading to more stress! Vicious circle!

I've learned to cope with stress/boredom in other ways other than food. I've discovered my voice. If something is bothering me I talk about it. I've gained the confidence to speak up, instead of hiding, eating and hoping the problems will magically disappear. I hold my head up high and face everything head on.

I've been on 4 holidays during my journey, I've been to functions/weddings/birthday parties/anniversary parties/funerals. I've had Christmas/Valentines/Easter. All those occasions we use as an excuse to eat and drink to excess. During all those times not once was I tempted to break my plan. I stayed 100% committed throughout because I want to be healthy, fit and slim more than anything else in this world. I've had swine flu, a stomach virus, a few colds. I've had 2 small operations, been on antibiotics, and not once did I even consider coming off plan (I have been monitored carefully by my wonderful Doctor, Consultant and pharmacist throughout) I have had so many crisis, stresses, upsets.

In a perverse way I feel all powerful not eating and drinking at functions/occasions when everyone else is indulging around me. When people comment on my willpower, focus and determination it makes me feel so proud.

When I started I decided to change my whole family's eating habits. I cleared the house of everything 'unhealthy' I discovered a love of cooking (loathed it before!) I cook healthy nutritious meals every day for my family and they love it. They've all benefited from my being on LT! In a way I changed their eating habits for selfish reasons! I thought that by changing the way I approach food now will help me when it comes to refeed/ maintenance. Well that's my plan, hope it works!

I do not understand people wanting to eat while being on a TFR, as I believe it defeats the purpose. I believe TFR should be exactly that - Total food replacement, where all temptation/ options of food should be taken away. I believe it takes a stronger will power/determination to abstain completely, than to have a day off here and there with food and drink. I believe you can learn so much from 100% abstinence, I know I have. Your palate is completely cleansed and refreshed. Your old life and habits cleansed along with your tastebuds.

There are other great plans out there in which you can add a meal, have more of a variety of flavours etc. LT is boring and bland. That is exactly what I needed! Boring and bland has helped me loose 11 stone 9lbs in 8 months! That's over half my body weight! Boring and bland has changed my life beyond recognition.

There is no doubt that LT works. I believe LT works better if you're 100% committed to the plan. I believe you should use your time on LT to educate yourself about food. Find yourself. Find out why you've had to resort to such an extreme plan. Find out why you eat/over indulge. I was one of these people in denial. Believe it or not I was one of the people who thought I didn't have a problem with food and eating! I believed I could control what went into my mouth, and that I was happy being 22 stone odd! I thought there was no way I had psychological problems in regard to food! Boy was I wrong! Of course I have psychological problems in regard to food or I would not have been 22 stone and banging on death's door!

LT and total abstinence has taught me that food is not my friend. Food is not going to comfort me. Food is not a treat. Food IS fuel! The right foods are a necessity in order for me to live a healthy, happy, fulfilling life.

Don't take on LT until you are positively sure you are going to be 100% committed to the plan. Make sure you want to be healthy, fit and happy more than anything else in the entire world. Educate and find yourself while on plan, and you can't fail.
Hi,
Can i ask you how you have found your body shape and loose skin if youve had any? I am finding that i m worrying about that now. Also what were the 2 small ops you had... I ask becuase I`m having gallbladder removal soon... thnaks hun and how are you managing with maintenance now adays... Lou xxx

I love you!! You are my inspiration!!

Major boost well feeling sorry for myself on day four. But heck you've fought all the days off and are smiling... so thats exactly what I'm going to do too :)

Betsy...you are insirational!

I am in week 5 and have lost 2 stone 4 pounds, if ever I think: "I can't do this", I just look at your post and it spurs me on. Thank you and well done, you look amazing. xxx

I just ate a big bowl of pasta :s!!!!!! Praying this doesn't set me back.. am desperate to feel a difference, its been ten days n I just wanna feel its working even a lil bit

Thanks so much for that, it's what I needed to hear. I'm on day 3. Most other forums I've found are health junkies that criticise everyone doing this diet. Great to hear a positive story.

I really needed to read this right now as I've just been on the phone with my mum, who's doing Lipotrim too, and she kept moaning that she couldn't keep up the diet and was going to try maintanence after our first weigh in on Saturday. She's hardly even giving it a go, all she can think about is missing food if she goes away for the night or when she goes on holidays. And if that's not enough she was trying to encourage me to switch to maintanence too, which I really don't want to do until I truely can't take any more of the 100%. If I can keep this diet up until I go back to college in September then I sure as hell will! So thank you for your inspiring dedication and willpower :) I will keep this up until I've lost that 9st!!!!!

I really needed to read this right now as I've just been on the phone with my mum, who's doing Lipotrim too, and she kept moaning that she couldn't keep up the diet and was going to try maintanence after our first weigh in on Saturday. She's hardly even giving it a go, all she can think about is missing food if she goes away for the night or when she goes on holidays. And if that's not enough she was trying to encourage me to switch to maintanence too, which I really don't want to do until I truely can't take any more of the 100%. If I can keep this diet up until I go back to college in September then I sure as hell will! So thank you for your inspiring dedication and willpower :) I will keep this up until I've lost that 9st!!!!!
oh keep going Shekie i know its hard and i am sorry that your mum is trying to get you off track too... but try and stick to it a bit longer... you can do it.... you will feel great... the maintainace is ok, but try and get the bulk of it off with the TFR you will be glad you stuck at it... x

Back