My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Good morning everyone! Yesterday went well! Not sure if I'm in ketosis but one thing's for sure not stomach-hungry... Just head-hungry!

Breath "seems" ok and am sleeping a wee bit better... Still feeling really bloated though! Pants are tight and I'm in the kingdom of muffin tops right now ....

How are you doing??

hi there... i've been introduced to CD last September but unable to stick to SS. but i have since lost 15kg though i've on CD on and off. but i really need a boost to lost weight. Pls help! just wondering how did you guys able to stay in SS. i'm feeling sooooooooo hungry!

Hello Emma and welcome!!
How much do you wish to lose? we've started a 6 week challenge, you must be 100% whatever step of the CD prog you are on.

Hunger seems to be the main subject these days! If it's your first time on CD, go for it all the way, enjoy the high that comes from losing weight fast and not being hungry... My advice, don't give in to temptation... It's just never the same the next time around (you start tweaking it... giving yourself "rights" etc)

Good luck on your weightloss journey!! I'm so excited for you

Well done on your loss so far arinihanim! Thats brilliant! I bet you're feeling great already! How many weeks have you been on SS?

Its all about the personal motivation and determination. There is no "quick fix" to dieting (any diet). First you have to be driven and motivated, you cannot diet if this is not the case. Also, set mini goals for yourself and reward yourself with (no, not food) a massage or a manicure, or a new outfit when you achieve your mini goals - small chunks, not big chunks.

Glad you are back in ketosis enlighten! Well done. I had WI this morning.............:eek: BAD BAD BAD GIRL! I wanted to lose 7ks for the wedding on 29 June so I really need to buck up myself!! :busted: I've been eating too much this week - due to PMS (my excuse for the weeks binge) but next week I need to do a BIG loss again.

I have bookclub tomorrow which always involved pizza and alcohol. I've said I'll bring my chicken salad along...

What you all up to for the weekend?

hi there... i've been introduced to CD last September but unable to stick to SS. but i have since lost 15kg though i've on CD on and off. but i really need a boost to lost weight. Pls help! just wondering how did you guys able to stay in SS. i'm feeling sooooooooo hungry!

The trick... is not to start picking at food and "allowing" yourself little things. "scientifically" being on CD SS, after the first couple of days, you shouldn't feel hungry (yeah right!:rolleyes:),
psychologically, you'll have days where you're "head"-hungry... That's where I'm at right now... I've lost loads on CD, esp after my 2nd child in 2009... I started exercising, getting comfortable with the way I looked and fit in my clothes... started slacking; I have never reached my goal :cry: It's so simple when you take food out of the equation right? But then life gets in the way - you lose your mojo etc (right Jilly? Found it yet??)

Whatever you do, do it 100% drink water - the recommended bit i've read is you take your weight in lbs. divide it by 2, that's how many ounces minimum you should be drinking (if it's hot, or you're exercising of course it'll be more). It will help with the hunger.
Fizzy water will help too (it'll feel like you're full) - it will help cut down on the gastric juices which are causing your stomach to rumble and make you "feel" hungry..

That's it in a nutshell! a good support system (like minimins) also helps when you're wavering, people who understand what you're going through...
If you want to sign up for our challenge, it's 6 weeks and it'll help you stay accountable.
Good luck

Here are the challenges so far I've noted, and added a little color for extra boost...
Had my weigh-in this am.. lost 2.5 kgs smack that!! Now, I need to buck up and not "allow" myself the weekend off!! I WILL BE 100% this weekend!! And Jilly I don't think I'm in ketosis yet, takes me a looooong time - just had my period though, so water weight is finally going down!

Enlightenme2 - 9kg to lose - lost 2.5kg - 6.5kg to go
Jellybeans - 7kg to lose
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose.
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose
Lauren2244 -

Well done on your loss so far arinihanim! Thats brilliant! I bet you're feeling great already! How many weeks have you been on SS?

Its all about the personal motivation and determination. There is no "quick fix" to dieting (any diet). First you have to be driven and motivated, you cannot diet if this is not the case. Also, set mini goals for yourself and reward yourself with (no, not food) a massage or a manicure, or a new outfit when you achieve your mini goals - small chunks, not big chunks.

Glad you are back in ketosis enlighten! Well done. I had WI this morning.............:eek: BAD BAD BAD GIRL! I wanted to lose 7ks for the wedding on 29 June so I really need to buck up myself!! :busted: I've been eating too much this week - due to PMS (my excuse for the weeks binge) but next week I need to do a BIG loss again.

I have bookclub tomorrow which always involved pizza and alcohol. I've said I'll bring my chicken salad along...

Come on girl!! what was the verdict??? How much was the loss/damage?
PMS wreaks havoc, you know even when I was on Depo, the first time I did CD (and was a total angel - no cheating by the book blablabla) - every month around the same time, I would get cravings even though I no longer had a period! :eek:

Right, 7kgs? you have a month - so let's say you lose 5kgs, is that feasible (that is if you come back to 100% land!! :rolleyes:)
Stop the picking!!!!

thanx jilly... i really need someone to congratulate me since i did not received any from my hubby! :cry:
anyway... i'm struggling with CD SS actually that's why i joined this group to help me with my dieting

Here are the challenges so far I've noted, and added a little color for extra boost...
Had my weigh-in this am.. lost 2.5 kgs smack that!! Now, I need to buck up and not "allow" myself the weekend off!! I WILL BE 100% this weekend!! And Jilly I don't think I'm in ketosis yet, takes me a looooong time - just had my period though, so water weight is finally going down!

Jellybeans - 7kg to lose
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose.
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose
Lauren2244 -

Enlightenme2... i'm interested to join. what should i do? my realistic goal for 6 weeks is 10 kg.... i hope so:confused:

If you are on SS 100% I rekon you could do 10kgs in 6 weeks no problem (Enlightenme did it in our last 6 week challenge and so did tuckinurbelly!) If you do SS 100% I can GUARANTEE you that loss!

Yeah yeah...... I lost my mojo this week, I found some of it when I got on the scale this morning and had picked up 2kg!!!!! I know............. I know......... I'm so dissapointed in myself.

I've been head AND belly hungry this week! Its getting colder and I got slack! I know where I went wrong, its not a surprise to me in the least.

Back on the wagon to shift 7kgs in the next 4 weeks! I CAN DO IT!! I CAN!

I also got "comfortable" enlightenme.... thought I could control the food and cravings... but obviously I cant yet. But I AM happy with how I'm looking currently but amazing how 2kgs can make me feel SO DARN FAT!!! I really feel that my "kingdom of muffintop" has found me again - and I was feeling so tummy proud !!!! @(*@))!(*!!!!!

thanx jilly... i really need someone to congratulate me since i did not received any from my hubby! :cry:
anyway... i'm struggling with CD SS actually that's why i joined this group to help me with my dieting

SURELY........SURELY your hubby has noticed the 15kg loss?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! (or maybe he's scared you'll get all hot and leave him!?) - IT Happens!

:girlpower:

Ok, I've added you on to the challenge Ariniharim - yes 10kg is feasible in 6 weeks - but 100% SS, water min 2.5l, some walking when you can fit it in

Jellybeans - 7kg to lose - lost 0kg - 7kg to go
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose - lost 0kg - 5.6kg to go
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose- lost 0kg - 10kg to go
Lauren2244 -
Ariniharim - 10kg to lose- lost 0kg - 10kg to go

If you are on SS 100% I rekon you could do 10kgs in 6 weeks no problem (Enlightenme did it in our last 6 week challenge and so did tuckinurbelly!) If you do SS 100% I can GUARANTEE you that loss!

Yeah yeah...... I lost my mojo this week, I found some of it when I got on the scale this morning and had picked up 2kg!!!!! I know............. I know......... I'm so dissapointed in myself.

I've been head AND belly hungry this week! Its getting colder and I got slack! I know where I went wrong, its not a surprise to me in the least.

Back on the wagon to shift 7kgs in the next 4 weeks! I CAN DO IT!! I CAN!

I also got "comfortable" enlightenme.... thought I could control the food and cravings... but obviously I cant yet. But I AM happy with how I'm looking currently but amazing how 2kgs can make me feel SO DARN FAT!!! I really feel that my "kingdom of muffintop" has found me again - and I was feeling so tummy proud !!!! @(*@))!(*!!!!!

Yeah, that comfort zone is ridiculously dangerous... I did warn you about it! LOL to the muffintop - how are you doing with your Pilates?
2kg can give you a little slap in the face... but I'd say at least 1.5 of those is water weight. All gone by next week. Now be good tonight you hear me?
Pizza and alcohol..? Nah, won't cross your lips right? you MUCH prefer your chicken salad, your water and feeling slim!!

enlightenme2;642863 said:
9kg[/B] to lose - lost 2.5kg - 6.5kg to go
Jellybeans - 7kg to lose - lost 0kg - 7kg to go
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose - lost 0kg - 5.6kg to go
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose- lost 0kg - 10kg to go
Lauren2244 -
Ariniharim - 10kg to lose- lost 0kg - 10kg to go

Thanx enlightenme... so I should report my weight every week?

Oh dear......................you'd be dissapointed enlightenme... it could've been worse, but I wasnt good. Passed on the pizza but not on the wine.

tomorrow!! tomorrow........................tomorrow................ is another day.

ok, jilly... I understand, trying to fight everything on all fronts is not easy... BUT now, dust it off and PLEASE get back on the wagon properly!!
Went to a bday party... there was way too much pizza, candy and champagne going around... I only had fizzy water... and a nibble of pizza, the worst of it was that I didn't have my products... So only had 2!! BAd bad bad

Tomorrow, I shall have them all!

Hello ladies, Hope Everyone did well this weekend!
Glad to say ( not too loudly though) that I'm firmly back on the wagon...
In point with water, diet and exercise

ANYONE AROUND?? I really hope everyone's just "too" busy to be around here!! and not falling off the wagon..
I was 100% today and drank my water. I need to update people's weight?

Helllooo enlightenme!!! I sorta - kinda found the wagon... and I'm hanging on with one hand whilst it drags me till it stops and I can get back on!:flirt2::flirt2::doh::doh: Meaning, I'm a bit better, and not craving all the things I shouldnt - but the "head" needs to catch up a bit.. however, secret WI this morning was good!:D I'm finding that the week before my period is due (last week) I really DO either a) weigh more or b) carry more water - I'm noticing this pattern now..... Also, the week before I really DO crave more NICE food (ie, sweet tooth pops up)!!

As it gets colder here - I need to find a nice soup recipe that filling and hearty.... any ideas (I dont do watery see through soup!)

Lauren, hows it going there for you?
Slim, where are you?

Where's all the "usual suspects"...:cool:

Back