My 12 Week Challenge starting today - Anyone care to join? - LETS DO IT!!

Helllooo enlightenme!!! I sorta - kinda found the wagon... and I'm hanging on with one hand whilst it drags me till it stops and I can get back on!:flirt2::flirt2::doh::doh: Meaning, I'm a bit better, and not craving all the things I shouldnt - but the "head" needs to catch up a bit.. however, secret WI this morning was good!:D I'm finding that the week before my period is due (last week) I really DO either a) weigh more or b) carry more water - I'm noticing this pattern now..... Also, the week before I really DO crave more NICE food (ie, sweet tooth pops up)!!

As it gets colder here - I need to find a nice soup recipe that filling and hearty.... any ideas (I dont do watery see through soup!)

Lauren, hows it going there for you?
Slim, where are you?

Where's all the "usual suspects"...:cool:

Glad you've caught the wagon, now reach right and apply the emergency breaks and give yourself a moment to strap yourself in!!

For when you have cravings, I suggest you buy a couple of chocolate tetras and some bars.. You keep them as your sweet stash - tetras make great hot cocoa when it gets cold and are wonderful frozen too

As for soups, I don't do chunks and all that so watery consommés are my faves! Thick soups usually involve carbs... Lots of them...

Looks like the usual suspects are under arrest coz none of them are coming forward here
Sunflower, Lauren?? The newcomers? Anyone???

Good idea! I actually have some bars, that I havnt even tried yet! So when I feel myself going "mmmmm... whats NICE to eat" I'll have a lovely juicy CD bar! Oh yeah! LOL!:rotflmao:

Funny how the little motivation I needed was to ACTUALLY WEIGH myself this morning to realise everything wasnt lost quite yet!

What (do you know?) are you weighing now?

Sunflower moved house - so has limited internet for the next week or so.

Everyone else I guess is chasing my wagon?? :rotflmao::wee:

Glad you've caught the wagon, now reach right and apply the emergency breaks and give yourself a moment to strap yourself in!!

For when you have cravings, I suggest you buy a couple of chocolate tetras and some bars.. You keep them as your sweet stash - tetras make great hot cocoa when it gets cold and are wonderful frozen too

As for soups, I don't do chunks and all that so watery consommés are my faves! Thick soups usually involve carbs... Lots of them...

Looks like the usual suspects are under arrest coz none of them are coming forward here
Sunflower, Lauren?? The newcomers? Anyone???

OK noted! My mom still has my scales, so no in between weigh-in "weigh-ins", which in my case, isn't so bad... It's lost its appeal to motivate me,however, boy what a DEMOTIVATOR if i haven't lost or lost enough!! So I'm staying away.

Sunflower moved, I'm so bad on reading past posts, so I guess she's still OK, just not on ATM, but what about lauren? What about the newbies? what about slimgorgeous??

I've already downed 1.5l of water - which is a feat for me as I've been having prob lately with the water guzzling... Had a bar coz i was in meetings all morning. Now I have to be careful to eat my 3 products without substituting.

Thats really clever to send your scales to your moms - dont think I could be quite as brave tho....mmmm...

I'm on 2litres water now. Or bottle 3. I'm fine if I sit at my desk at work and drink my water, but its on the weekends or when I'm not in a fixed position that water goes out the window.

I had a strawberry shake for b'fast, and going to have vanilla for lunch - and maybe a scrambled egg or omelette for dinner.

What size trousers are you in now Enlighten? I tried to put on a size 18 jeans this morning and added them to the "fat pile" of clothes I have going on - and suggested to my mom she come try them all on and takes them if they fit her! So I guess I'm in officially a 16 (but have ONE pair of work trousers and ONE pair of jeans in a 16).... scared to buy OR get rid of clothes!!:cool:

Hi guys

I am back (again) started about a week ago doing 810 (due to constipation) and found it really difficult being able to eat a little bit, would rather not eat anything if that makes sense :/
Have come to a compromise with my consultant that I can do ss in the week so long as I do 810 at the weekend and take my fibre supplement regularly.
Starting again tomorrow so fingers crossed :) feeling really positive and hoping a font suffer the same problem as before.
8 weeks and 2 till me holiday :)
X

Thats really clever to send your scales to your moms - dont think I could be quite as brave tho....mmmm...

I'm on 2litres water now. Or bottle 3. I'm fine if I sit at my desk at work and drink my water, but its on the weekends or when I'm not in a fixed position that water goes out the window.

I had a strawberry shake for b'fast, and going to have vanilla for lunch - and maybe a scrambled egg or omelette for dinner.

What size trousers are you in now Enlighten? I tried to put on a size 18 jeans this morning and added them to the "fat pile" of clothes I have going on - and suggested to my mom she come try them all on and takes them if they fit her! So I guess I'm in officially a 16 (but have ONE pair of work trousers and ONE pair of jeans in a 16).... scared to buy OR get rid of clothes!!:cool:

Congrats on the sized down trousers... I understand about limited clothing ( ESP higher size) as I gave loads away keeping like 2 pairs of 16s. I'm a 12, sometimes a 14 depending on the brand.
I'm not buying any clothes until I hit target, I have enough things to dress a small army... So there's no point really unless my clothes get too big and clearly that's not the case right now

Hi guys

I am back (again) started about a week ago doing 810 (due to constipation) and found it really difficult being able to eat a little bit, would rather not eat anything if that makes sense :/
Have come to a compromise with my consultant that I can do ss in the week so long as I do 810 at the weekend and take my fibre supplement regularly.
Starting again tomorrow so fingers crossed :) feeling really positive and hoping a font suffer the same problem as before.
8 weeks and 2 till me holiday :)
X

Hi Lauren, good luck on your new tweaked prog, I understand many people suffer from constipation on CD. :cry:
I'm sure you know the drill about the water... Do you eat oatmeal? It's really good for moving things along. Also, my consultant has her patients have a huge bowl of hot beverage (pref herbal tea, 1/2 l at least) first thing in the morning and go back to bed 15mns... The hot liquid is supposed to get things started.
Coffee constipates so layoff heavy dosages.
8 weeks should allow you to lose loads still :)

Most of my clothes (bottoms) are a 18 but I'm needing belts and all things to hoist the trousers up and stop them slipping off me - so I need a couple pairs of 16 bottoms just to get by at the moment.

I suffer constipation too and have been taking a intestinal cleansing pill to help move things along (I cant stand those fibre powders you mix in water - I want to vomit and my throat wont allow me to swallow! LOL)

Welcome back Lauren and I DO TOTALLY "GET" what you're saying about rather not eating at all! I still struggle with the one meal a day thing and tend to overdo it when I do eat!!! It was so much easier knowing you are not going to eat ANYTHING! How much have you lost so far? And whats your goal for 8 weeks?

Enlighten, I was so good yesterday, even had a bar for dinner but then my friend came over with a bottle of red wine!

Today I think is the day I need to go find some size 16 jeans - its winter and I live in jeans and need some that fit properly.

Having coffee.... with sweetener as still cant manage zero sugar!

Ha ha, that was me on my first CD stint, I lost so much quickly, my daughter my jeans poo-poo pants lol!
You know a GREAT mover-along for constipation is psyllium husks, you add it to the shake and it even makes it LOADS thicker, but can make some people feels gassy! Also chia is very very good and gives less gas! You have to be careful with "harsh" intestinal cleansers as they rid you of the good stuff along with the bad
I tend to put some choc tetra in my coffee in order to overcome the sugar need

Was good yesterday and will be good today too!

I have some of that husk stuff at home and it turned my shake into a jelly! I literally couldnt drink it - it was REVOLTING. :hide:

I have found some 'green tea sweeteners' which I'm giving a go.

The intestinal stuff is more of a interflora - and not a 'cleanser' - "restores natural balance to the intestines"... I found the Green Tea worked the best, but tasted awful. Now that I'm eating a meal tho, its better than when I was on SS.

My friend told me last night my skin was looking good (must be all the water!)

Day one going well do far :)

At the minute I am taking benefibre twice a day in my shakes but was also thinking about taking psyllium husk capsules as well as really don't want to suffer the same problem as last time, what do people think about this? Will I be having too much fibre?
X

Day one going well do far :)

At the minute I am taking benefibre twice a day in my shakes but was also thinking about taking psyllium husk capsules as well as really don't want to suffer the same problem as last time, what do people think about this? Will I be having too much fibre?
X
Hi Lauren I'm not sure about the capsules, I get it in bulk... BUt i add it to stuff, I don't just put it in water. I don't know what benefibre is, is it like Metamucyl?? It might be too much

Hey girls, so yesterday I went for Indian with my mother and daughter... There are sometimes when this diet can make you lose perspective on certain aspects of life. My daughter has been hinting that between my job, travel, diet and running team, we hardly ever do our mother-daughter transgenerational thing we used to do... AS grandmother, mother, daughter we used to go out for a whole day of folly (shopping/food/girly stuff involved). I kinda felt bad, so last night when my mom suggested we go try out the new Indian restaurant - with my son at his godmother's, I decided to say what the heck and I went with the flow. I'm happy I did :)
I had chicken and dal - a tsp of rice and a nibble of naan just to try. of course I felt stuffed 2 minutes later, but it WAS fun. My chicken was sooo spicy however, without rice to absorb some of the acidity from spicy food, I hard a real hard time falling asleep last night, my stomach was a real mess! Note to self - go easy on spicy food...

Had fun, today is back to SS 100% - got my water next to me, am guzzling away!

I agree Estelle! My kids keep saying "when are you going off this diet so we can DO stuff"... and sometimes you just need to say what the ..... and do the stuff that makes other people happy (and yourself)... 2 weeks ago I took my kids to our local restuarant, just for a change in scenery and my homecooked very boring food. Where we could SIT and TALK to each other again!

I had wine 2 nights ago - and it seems to have appeared on the scale this morning! WTF!

I had soup last night. Probably not the most diet friendly as it was full of veggies and thick (shop bought) but it was DELISH!!!

Official WI tomorrow - and now I'm a bit aprehensive!

Water intake yesterday was only 2.1l - aiming for 3l today.

Surely scales are off! I'm up 500g!! I need to restabilize this weekend in order to start a good week :( just want to cry... I've even been hitting my 3.5-4l of water... NOT fair

How do you know you're up? Was this at official WI? OMG! That is dissapointing!!!! VERY! What could it be?:479:

Well I lost the 2kg's I picked up last week. 2.5kgs tho from my next milestone.... and I need to be at that milestone for 29 June - my friends wedding!

So that means, Enlightenme, I'm down 2kgs on my 7kgs challenge???;)

Is this the sum for you Jillybeans??

Enlightenme2 - 9kg to lose - lost 2kg - 7kg to go
Jellybeans - 7kg to lose - lost 2.5kg - 4.5kg to go
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose.
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose
Lauren2244

I think the spicy chicken, the leftovers eaten yesterday night :rolleyes: as well as the 2 pieces of dark chocolate....
I'm thinking (well actually NO i wasn't thinking) - it helps to retain the water

Is this the sum for you Jillybeans??

Enlightenme2 - 9kg to lose - lost 2kg - 7kg to go
Jellybeans - 7kg to lose - lost 2.5kg - 4.5kg to go
Sunflowerlady - 5.6kg to lose.
Kinjeet1 - 10kg to lose
Lauren2244

Nope, unfortunately I only lost 2kgs (not 2.5kg) - I'm 2.5kg from being 89kg... which is my next milestone...

Ohhhh dear..... spicy chicken and dark chocolate - sound GREAT! I bought my dd a large "death by chocolate' cupcake (layers of choc) that she didnt like - and I did!

I need to kick the 90's butt out the door... so close yet so far...... totally wasted the last 2 MONTHS hovvering around this weight..... what a waste of money!

Back