My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Re: My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 54]

I wish I could just click my fingers and fix it but I hope time will sort it out.

Weight loss is such a mental battle! Oh well. Sometimes I feel great about myself and sometimes I don't like today, even though I just lost 4lbs. So weird.

I really do know exactly what you mean, 100%. I can only say hang in there and your brain will catch up with the amazing changes you've made to your body. :) xx

I really do know exactly what you mean, 100%. I can only say hang in there and your brain will catch up with the amazing changes you've made to your body. :) xx

I know it will come I just have to wait it out :)

I'm going to see a GP this week. Since 13 (when I wasn't even that big), I've had excess body fat on my chest area. Yes, moobs :(

My entire body has shrunk dramatically but my chest has barely shrunk at all. The term for the condition is "gynecomastia". It can be triggered by puberty and obesity. I've had to deal with this for years and I was hoping it would get better with the weight loss but it hasn't.

I know I definitely have the condition, so I may as well go to a GP and see if I have any options to treat it. It could be fixed just from balancing my hormones as it is caused by excess testosterone that turns into oestrogen.

I'll call the doctors tomorrow and arrange an appointment.

REV23 said:
I'm going to see a GP this week. Since 13 (when I wasn't even that big), I've had excess body fat on my chest area. Yes, moobs :(

My entire body has shrunk dramatically but my chest has barely shrunk at all. The term for the condition is "gynecomastia". It can be triggered by puberty and obesity. I've had to deal with this for years and I was hoping it would get better with the weight loss but it hasn't.

I know I definitely have the condition, so I may as well go to a GP and see if I have any options to treat it. It could be fixed just from balancing my hormones as it is caused by excess testosterone that turns into oestrogen.

I'll call the doctors tomorrow and arrange an appointment.

Have you seen that episode of Obese: A Year to Save My Life, with a young British bloke who I think was named Jack? He had a great success story on it, lost loads of weight, and he had gynecomastia. He had surgery to fix it, but obviously I don't know how readily available that would be on the NHS - is that something you're thinking about, or just hormone treatment? It's pretty major surgery as I understand it, so it's a good idea to explore any non-surgical options there may be. Hope you go on ok. :) xx

Have you seen that episode of Obese: A Year to Save My Life, with a young British bloke who I think was named Jack? He had a great success story on it, lost loads of weight, and he had gynecomastia. He had surgery to fix it, but obviously I don't know how readily available that would be on the NHS - is that something you're thinking about, or just hormone treatment? It's pretty major surgery as I understand it, so it's a good idea to explore any non-surgical options there may be. Hope you go on ok. :) xx

I just want peace of mind first of all. I'm hoping it isn't gynecomastia and it will eventually just go away in the final 3 stone I need to lose.

But if it is, I certainly want to explore options. I hope treatment is available even though I am still obese. From what I understand, surgery isn't an option until you've gone through all the possible hormone treatments. So surgery is only going to happen if hormones don't fix it.

It is very uncomfortable and it is embarrassing. I don't know what the treatment is, but I am guessing it will lower my testosterone and there by lower my oestrogen levels. Or maybe find a way just to remove the oestrogen levels? I don't know. If hormone treatment could fix this, it would be great. I want to avoid surgery if I can, but will do it if there is no other way to get rid of it!

I saw some embarrassing bodies clips, a few overweight guys had it and got treatment. So I am hoping my GP is nice and gives me something to try :)

Great start this week. Been back on the rowing machine, which I must use again now the weather has gone cold and wet. Can no longer rely on playing football and basketball. Did 30 mins on it yesterday and today, and calories have been under 1800. So the minimum of 350 calorie burn is going to put me at a good start this week.

Would love to lose 3.4lbs, then I am only 10lbs away from the Century loss! God, feels like yesterday since I reached the half century.

All in all, things are going great, hope to continue the good form throughout the whole week.

Last edited:
Alex pleased you've had a good start to the week. I know what you mean about the weather; perhaps you could look at trying to run if basketball or football are not possible in the rain? Guess even with running if the rain is heavy it's tricky to run. What about swimming?

Alex pleased you've had a good start to the week. I know what you mean about the weather; perhaps you could look at trying to run if basketball or football are not possible in the rain? Guess even with running if the rain is heavy it's tricky to run. What about swimming?

I just hate jogging, can't enjoy it! I am happy with rowing though!

Not much of a swimmer either :( I still play indoor football every Sunday, and I will still go out occasionally with my friends :)

Well you've done just fine without jogging and swimming thus far so I wouldn't worry about it! I must admit I never liked running until I'd lost weight and then tried it with music with a really good beat. Alas due to injury I'm too scared too run so have to walk with a few gym sessions thrown in.
The indoor football sounds good when the weather is bad.

Liking your new pic!

Well you've done just fine without jogging and swimming thus far so I wouldn't worry about it! I must admit I never liked running until I'd lost weight and then tried it with music with a really good beat. Alas due to injury I'm too scared too run so have to walk with a few gym sessions thrown in.
The indoor football sounds good when the weather is bad.

Liking your new pic!

Yup I am not worried, just stick to rowing which I began exercising with at the beginning! And damn, I hope you can get running again soon!

And thank you haha

Only lost 0.4lbs, kind of annoying as I worked my backside off this week!

Buuuuuuuut, a loss is always a good thing, so I feel fine. :)

Gosh! I'm annoyed for you especially if you worked so hard! It is frustrating but remember that it could mean a big loss next week. Keep doing what you're doing!

Woohoo! You're doing so well! Your picture looks great too ;)

Lost 0.2lb. Hmmm I think I had too many coffees w/ sugar this week. Probably ate too much on cheat day last week. Only exercised once. So that's all I deserve.

On to the next week, I'll take the loss not matter how tiny!

Well done, Alex, still a downwards move! Maybe it's time for a calorie reduction? How about just a cheat meal rather than a whole cheat day? I just have some cake or chocolate at the weekend for my treat - keeps me going nicely, lol. :) xx

Well done, Alex, still a downwards move! Maybe it's time for a calorie reduction? How about just a cheat meal rather than a whole cheat day? I just have some cake or chocolate at the weekend for my treat - keeps me going nicely, lol. :) xx

Hmm yes. I definitely overdid it last Sunday. I think I'll keep the cheat day but I'll tone it down a little bit and stay a bit cautious.

Tempting to go to 1500 calories, but I fear it would be too low. Maybe go for 1650 or something. We will see.

I might have one more week of the normal routine (except a less calorific cheat day today), if it's another small result then I will make a change :)

REV23 said:
Hmm yes. I definitely overdid it last Sunday. I think I'll keep the cheat day but I'll tone it down a little bit and stay a bit cautious.

Tempting to go to 1500 calories, but I fear it would be too low. Maybe go for 1650 or something. We will see.

I might have one more week of the normal routine (except a less calorific cheat day today), if it's another small result then I will make a change :)

Oh yeah, don't go too mad with lowering it, but it looks like you just need to make a bit of an adjustment - happens to us all, lol, because of course the smaller you get the fewer calories you need. My TDEE is less than 1,800 a day now, so it's hard for me to get a big deficit. I did get below 12 stone today though, so just 6.5lbs off my ultimate target of losing 10 stone - but it will probably take a few more months to achieve that at the rate I now lose, especially with Christmas looming ever closer! :) xx

Oh yeah, don't go too mad with lowering it, but it looks like you just need to make a bit of an adjustment - happens to us all, lol, because of course the smaller you get the fewer calories you need. My TDEE is less than 1,800 a day now, so it's hard for me to get a big deficit. I did get below 12 stone today though, so just 6.5lbs off my ultimate target of losing 10 stone - but it will probably take a few more months to achieve that at the rate I now lose, especially with Christmas looming ever closer! :) xx

Yup I will try one more week and if it's a small result again I will make the adjustments!

And congrats :) Wow you're so close now!!

Hey! Alex! You're still doing fab! Yes the loss may seem small or even insignificant to you but in th long term and over all,picture,you are doing fab! As of course is Tracy who is loping amazing I her profile pic!

I have a question which I hope,you won't be offended by. I certainly don't mean to offend you or anyone else but I would prefer to have lost weight your way and Tracy's way. However I have wondered whether you've ever been temptd by the fast vlcd route of shediding a few pounds? Not advocating it but wondered if either one of you have thought about it?

If I were in your shoes now I wouldn't bother as you have cracked it and doing so well but the thought crossed my mind and I thought i' d ask.

Back