My 128 lb Drop Diary [WEEK 67]

Hey! Alex! You're still doing fab! Yes the loss may seem small or even insignificant to you but in th long term and over all,picture,you are doing fab! As of course is Tracy who is loping amazing I her profile pic!

I have a question which I hope,you won't be offended by. I certainly don't mean to offend you or anyone else but I would prefer to have lost weight your way and Tracy's way. However I have wondered whether you've ever been temptd by the fast vlcd route of shediding a few pounds? Not advocating it but wondered if either one of you have thought about it?

If I were in your shoes now I wouldn't bother as you have cracked it and doing so well but the thought crossed my mind and I thought i' d ask.

Thank you Kira! :)

Honestly, never really interested. No diet or any method or pills have interested me. Mainly because I've tried so many things in the past and none of them worked for me. That isn't to say I don't think they work though, because they obviously do! Buuuut, for me, I just don't have any inclination towards trying anything else.

Mainly because (as you said) I know I can do it just from calorie counting, it is the perfect method for me :) Although I haven't tried a vlcd I feel no need too.

However, I may try some new things just for experimental purposes over the coming weeks. I would like to try the 5:2 system at some stage. Maybe try a vlcd for a week. Go vegetarian for a week, perhaps vegan. Although that would be incredibly tough as I love meat so much.

So perhaps, might try some stuff out. May even do something this week - all for experimental purposes.

Right, having thought about it. I'm going to lower my calories this week, I am craving a big loss.

So, 1500 calories. No more than that. Gunna make sure it goes no more above that. I want to use the rowing machine at least three times this week.

So that's 350 less calories each day. Nothing huge but I will notice the difference.

My cheat day today wasn't too extreme. The cheat day thing is so important to me. Sure, if I didn't eat so much every Sunday, I would probably be another stone lighter by now, probably much more lighter than that. But I don't really care about how long it takes. So far everything has worked out fine, I've lost weight at the perfect pace. So cheat day will always be around.

Unfortunately, as for the smoking I failed to kick it. Maybe now isn't the right time to try and quit, it's a challenge to lose weight as it is, let alone quit smoking at the same time. Weight loss is #1 priority. One day hopefully.

Alex, interesting reply to my post on vlcds or other diets and I'm still full of admiration that you have lost all your weight with real food and exercise! It sounds so simple so easy to do! Eat less and exercise a bit more!! Ha!Ha! Clearly after all my yo yo years of dieting i'm sill working on the simple and easy method!

I think you gave giving up cigs a great try but I suspect the past couple of weeks losses being less might have stressed you even though you are not stressed if you know I mean? Irritated as opposed to stressed? Anyway, oine thing at a time. Continue on your weightloss journey and then focus on maintaining and then you can try and focus on kicking the fags perhaps?

I think reducing calories is a good idea as it seems to me you've reached a plateau and your body is fighting to hang on to the remaining fat cells. the 5:2 apparently works on the stop start method that kicks the metabolism into turbo which leads to weight loss. I think the calorie deficit over the week also helps. Have a great week and here's to a good loss next weigh in. You are of course still doing great so don't stop!

Kira said:
Hey! Alex! You're still doing fab! Yes the loss may seem small or even insignificant to you but in th long term and over all,picture,you are doing fab! As of course is Tracy who is loping amazing I her profile pic!

I have a question which I hope,you won't be offended by. I certainly don't mean to offend you or anyone else but I would prefer to have lost weight your way and Tracy's way. However I have wondered whether you've ever been temptd by the fast vlcd route of shediding a few pounds? Not advocating it but wondered if either one of you have thought about it?

If I were in your shoes now I wouldn't bother as you have cracked it and doing so well but the thought crossed my mind and I thought i' d ask.

Thanks Kira! I must admit I woyld never go down the VLCD route, for a few of reasons. Firstly, I could NEVER give up food, lol. Secondly, you're more likely to get loose skin if you lose weight fast, with either bariatric surgery or a VLCD. And finally, I honestly don't think it would address the relationship I have with food if I gave it up temporarily - all those behaviours would still be there when I went through the refeed process, so I don't think it would achieve anything in the long run. I'm not saying thay would be the case for everyone, obviously, as I know people can be successful on them, but I really don't feel it would be for me and I'm glad I did it the way I have. :) xx

Alex, interesting reply to my post on vlcds or other diets and I'm still full of admiration that you have lost all your weight with real food and exercise! It sounds so simple so easy to do! Eat less and exercise a bit more!! Ha!Ha! Clearly after all my yo yo years of dieting i'm sill working on the simple and easy method!

I think you gave giving up cigs a great try but I suspect the past couple of weeks losses being less might have stressed you even though you are not stressed if you know I mean? Irritated as opposed to stressed? Anyway, oine thing at a time. Continue on your weightloss journey and then focus on maintaining and then you can try and focus on kicking the fags perhaps?

I think reducing calories is a good idea as it seems to me you've reached a plateau and your body is fighting to hang on to the remaining fat cells. the 5:2 apparently works on the stop start method that kicks the metabolism into turbo which leads to weight loss. I think the calorie deficit over the week also helps. Have a great week and here's to a good loss next weigh in. You are of course still doing great so don't stop!

I think now isn't the right time to try and overcome another obstacle! So I will likely try and quit after I reach my weight goal. It's true, if I don't smoke it stresses me out. So that makes me want to find other ways to feel good, like eating. Weight loss is stressful as it is let alone trying to quit smoking as well!

I may try 5:2 soon, looks like quite a bit of fun to be honest! Right now I will try lower calories, it's possible I could be on a plateau right now. We will see if I lose barely anything again this week despite lower calories.

Yup! Totally agree, deal with one stress at a time! Alex, Tracy you are both just amazing people and so inspirational! I should really take a leaf out of your book! Can't wait to see you both at goal and wow Tracy you are so very close! Looks very much like you will at goal for Christmas/new year! Fantastic!

Kira said:
Yup! Totally agree, deal with one stress at a time! Alex, Tracy you are both just amazing people and so inspirational! I should really take a leaf out of your book! Can't wait to see you both at goal and wow Tracy you are so very close! Looks very much like you will at goal for Christmas/new year! Fantastic!

Aww, thank you! Not really aiming for target this side of Christmas, as it comes off soooo slowly now, but hopefully towards the start of 2014. No rush, lol. :) xx

Leaf out of our books? Hehe, well, I wish I was a little closer to your weight! Though the 8 stones may be a little light for me :p Thank you Kira, your support has been wonderful since you first posted in my thread :)

So far so good this week. Stayed under 1500 calories yesterday, the 350 less calories does make a difference! I can feel it, but it's not like I am starving to death. Anyway, if I do feel REALLY hungry, it's gotten to a point where it doesn't really bother me. I realized this recently. When I am hungry now, I can block it out easily. So my attitude to food has certainly changed.

Just came off the rowing machine, did 30 minutes which is a 300 calorie burn for normal people. So it was probably 350 calories burnt. I just want a big loss this week, the last 5-6 weeks have been way too slow.

If I gain weight this week, or STS or lose very little... then it's safe to assume I am probably on a plateau right now. Which is fine, it goes eventually. Hopefully there isn't one :)

And yes, as for smoking, one stress at a time.

Hey Alex, just catching up with your diary again. As always you're doing fab, really hope the lower cal route works for you and you see a nice big loss this week. Sucks about the smoking but there's a right time for everything and I honestly think you need to concentrate on one thing right now and work on that later when you're happy with your weight. Losing weight is hard enough without tonnes of extra pressure.

Hey Alex, just catching up with your diary again. As always you're doing fab, really hope the lower cal route works for you and you see a nice big loss this week. Sucks about the smoking but there's a right time for everything and I honestly think you need to concentrate on one thing right now and work on that later when you're happy with your weight. Losing weight is hard enough without tonnes of extra pressure.

Thank you :) I really do hope for something big this week if I keep the strictness up.

Yea, putting it off for now. I know that if I have the willpower to lose all the weight, then quitting the smokes will be easy in comparison! That will be my #1 priority when I reach my goal and maintain the weight.

Week done, weigh-in tomorrow.

Kept really strict all week, below 1500. Might have been a little over today and yesterday but still. I worked out once and played football once. So exercise has been a okay but not great.

I'm feeling confident for a loss tomorrow :)

Good luck tomorrow! I reckon it'll be a good 'un.

You reckoned right :)

Weighed in at 229, so that's a 2.2lbs loss! That's about what I was expecting!

Well doneeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thanks peeps, yeh I'll stick to the 1500 calories for now :)

Well done you're doing amazingly! Wish I had your motivation, keep it up :)

Hah it really isn't that difficult! If you're really fed up with being obese once and for all, and find a method that suits you, it is easy! But thanks :)

Back