My 200 mile in August challenge!!

Gosh!

Only indoor walking round local shopping centre this AM then local Asda PM. lots of exercise but not counting as not done al-fresco.

:eek:

nothing added!

14 days = 119.7 mile

Edit:

I'm officially not being a lard a*se today. The sky cleared, the ground dried and the sun put his hat on. I even went out in a T-shirt and whacked in 5.2 miles. I feel like I actually enjoyed the weekend now!

Soooooo 14 days = 124.9 miles

Last edited:
12.4 miles added today

5.3 this am
1.5 at lunch
5.6 this pm

137.3 mile in 15 days.

Still not touched bread this month - the "no bread" rule was the secondary part of the challenge!

5.3 miles this am
1.5 at lunch (T shirt in a deluge!!!)
5.7 this evening.

12.5 miles added

149.8 mile in 16 days (and still no bread this month).

Surprisingly no blisters, but knees and ankle joints are quite tired! Now I'm glad I'm not a jogger!!!

12.4 miles added

5.3 this am
1.5 lunchtime
5.6 this evening

162.3 miles to date.

And aching limbs and a huge blister. Remind me on never to even attempt to beat this one in future!

14 days to go and counting!

12.3 today - must have cut a few corners as the tiredness kicks in;)

189 in 19 days. Should reach the 200 over the weekend. Tomorrow morning will be a lie-in then a walk to ged rid of pre-match tension. Sunderland take on Newcastle tomorrow for the bragging rights in the northeast of England.

Pre match walk, go to match and then avoid being killed in the riots:eek: and then hopefully a wind-down afternoon/early evening walk.

Be it a stomp of defeat, or the serene glide of victory.

A nice ramble on Sunday wth my local group should see the 200th mile - unless I reach it on Saturday:)

200 mile achieved!!!

Another 12.4 miles added today. 8.15 miles before the match. And a dejected 4.25 afterwards.

total 201.4

Least said about the match the better. Suffice to say my beloved Sunderland only got the silver medal and the Magpies are crowing with the bragging rights for the northeast....for now;)

So, what can I do?

Push on and re-set target for 300 in August!:eek:

Steve

Good soak in hot salty water should dry them up

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

11.6 miles added today making it 213 miles for August.

Any remedies for blisters ?
Well done baby boy. You have made your mumsie very proud:cry::cry: so proud of you:worthy:

Cure for blisters don't walk...........:D:8855:
blistersonfeet.com

hugs xxxxxx

Good soak in hot salty water should dry them up

Sent from my iPod touch using MiniMins

Someone had said soak the feet in methylated spirits! - I might have to visit the local winos see if they've got any spare;)

I figure Spetember will be a good time to rest.

12.4 mile added again today.

Making 225.4 I think! - mentally fatigued now as well as footsore. Haha - I''m sure a good nights sleep will put me right.

Steve

The good night's sleep was too good!

Didn't want to get up at 4.45am (can't think why!!!)

12.3 miles today - despite following the usually 12.4 route(s).

As I mentioned elsewhere - perhaps the GPS is also getting fatigued:)

12.3 added = 237.7 in 23 days.

Brilliant boy child !!!!

Didn't get to post last night. No time as WI night. The usual 12.4 again, but ended, after work going straight out into the evening sun and getting absolutely drenched! Fortunately I was wearing the waterproof jacket as been caught like this a few times recently.

So 250.1 miles then in 24 days.

Not walking today. Raining heavily in northeast and the combination of wet boots, sore feet and aching limbs means I'll give the morning a miss. May even do tonights miles on a treadmill if weather still bad (works gym).

I gained a massive 3lb at weigh-in tonight and am very happy with that. I was 1lb below lower target so now will not have to pay (hurrah!) am at 10st 11lb (actual target is 10st 12lb) so just where I want to be.

Could be all the chicken, steak and bananas I need for all this protein/energy for walking lol.

or it may be the extra weight of muscle v fat (oh no! not that old argument;)) personally, I think it could be the weight of blisters - as we all know they weigh more than both fat AND muscle:D

Head suitably bowed. Was off work sick though mumsie, so couldn't really play out could I ?;)

and you didn't let mumsie know:mad:. I could have made you chicken soup, wiped your fevered brow and read you a story:D

mumsie loves you xxxxx:D

No walking today either! - 48 hours rest! though I got back to work.

The last 49.9 miles will be done over the last 5 days of the month - thanks to the extended hours and bank holiday;)

Challenge stopped! - ended.

Taking the sensible option as my poor feet are recovering well after a couple of days off and will heal in a few more days. The combination of bad weather and a feature-packed weekend make it an easy decision and to be honest I am happy with 250 miles as it is 50 more than I originally planned.

I am still a diabetic (albeit pill controlled now) and with an upcoming review of both eyes AND feet, it is probably a good idea for me to look after them;)

Actually 250 mile in 24 days is possbily my greatest ever achievement in terms of excercise in my life. So as failure goes, it's a glorious one.

Besides, I might care to challenge it sometime in the future.

Back