My 2nd weigh in, the losses seem slow = should i stop the exercise?

pixar

has to be done this year
I lost 2 pounds last week on exante which was my 1st week, and then weighed myself today and lost 3-4 pounds, the scales couldn't decide if it was 3 off or 4, as it kept changing every time I hopped on so maybe I have lost 3 half pounds but ile just go with 4 sounds better:D
For the last 2 weeks I have been working out 3-4 times a week doing moderate impact exercise for 50 mins burning off 500 cals each session, should i just stop all exercises this week and see if I have a better loss next week? Or do you guys think that 2 pounds last week and 4 this week is fairly good considering i have already lost 2 stones? I dont know if the exercises are having a good impact or not.

Im not sure about the exercise but are you drinking enough water and having all your packs each day? xx

I'm drinking 4 litres a day and having 3 packs a day (bar in the morn, shake in afternoon and soup for dinner) I'm doing it 100%. NO CHEATS. Maybe I'm doing too much exercise...

The tape measure terrifies me LOL. I know i should use them but I have a phobia against them:) but thanks guys for the encouragements x

Ok last week was disappointing but this week youve had a brilliant result. Youre not going to lose more than 4lbs on an average week

I suppose after loosing 2 stones I'm most prob not going to loose more than 4 pounds a week. I'le be very happy with 3-4 pound loss a week, but I'm scared i might loose 2 pounds or less next week. Wondering if i should stop the exercise for this week?

Thanks starlight you really encourage me to carry on with hope. you stop me from worrying:) xxx

Your quite a bit lighter than the average TS user so i think you should get that un smiling face off your signature and replace it with a whopping big smiley one..Thats a brilliant loss and should be celebrated xx

Also if you've been consistently dieting and just transferring over you won't get that huge loss (which is only glycogen/water) that other new starters get - you should be grinning that your losses are more likely to be totally fat loss :D

4lb is a good loss, and from you last weeks thread, it's what you were hoping for this week anyway ;)

I'm hoping next week will be 4 pounds off for me and also the dreaded totm would be out the way like u said LOL..I weighed in at 11.4 this morn and would love to take off that 4 pounds next week so I know i only have 1.7 stones to loose to get to 1st target which is to be 9.7 stones, and then if im not happy my next goal is 9 stones, thats my ultimate gaol actually:)

I am not sure of the impact of exercise on a VLCD.
I just know that I wouldn't be happy not doing it, so I continue to do so, for my mind, as well as my body
:)

oh thanks guys so much for the encouragement:) I always say it and will say it again, I don't think i could pull through without all yr support:)... I know what you are saying is correct, i guess 6 pounds in 2 weeks is good considering I have lost weight and am quite closer to a healthy bmi. I think I'm just panicking because I'm going away fairly soon and want to loose this last 1.7 stones. I should be happy with 2 pound loss from now on i guess:) If i wasn't going away I wouldn't care as such, but its the panic thats bothering me. My cousin is trying to set me up with one of her good mates and I want to feel really confident when I see him (hes really cute:p) and I know I like myself and feel my best at 9.7 stones...I'm dreading loosing this last 10 kilos, bet its going to come off so slowly..

Remember who you are, your personality, what's important about you, and ultimately whether you really like yourself are not dictated by what the scales say, and anyone else is unlikely to be able to tell the difference between 9.7 and 10.0 - it's only us that really can see every little thing and really notice the difference on the scales.

cybill said:
Remember who you are, your personality, what's important about you, and ultimately whether you really like yourself are not dictated by what the scales say, and anyone else is unlikely to be able to tell the difference between 9.7 and 10.0 - it's only us that really can see every little thing and really notice the difference on the scales.

Very well said

thanks cybill i understand and appreciate what your saying, but I don't want to be 9.7 just because of the scales or what sounds good. I can tell a difference between 9.7 and 10, i have been there before and know that for me the best is 9.7. I guess everyone has a certain weight they feel comfortable with the most and i Think mines def that, but thanks again for the guidance:)

Back