My 5 week plan

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by miss candi, 3 November 2010 Social URL.

1. miss candi

miss candi Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello guys and girls,

My CDC has put me on a 5 week plan, 2 weeks on step 1 (SS+), 2 weeks on step 2 and 1 week on 3. By that time i should lose my 2 and a half stone. As im looking around on this forum im finding everybody is remaining on this diet for much much longer. Is this something i need to worry about? Do you have to do all the steps?

I would hate to lose the weight to then put it back on again in 5 weeks time.

what do you think?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    Um...

I hate to be the voice of doom - but 2 and a half stones in 5 weeks??

I'm sorry hun, but that's pretty unrealistic. A stone a month is kinda the norm... Are you sure that's what your CWPC meant? Or is it possible that she meant for you to repeat the 5 week plan a couple of times?

4. Goreygirl

Goreygirl Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st12lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(17.5%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    That does sound a bit off the norm. Where you start usually depends on your BMI and how much weight you have to lose. Some people "step down" from 810 to SS+ to SS to "ease" them in to SS if that is the plan they need to go on. A stone a month is the average (although some people do a bit more than that the first month due to the first week's loss).

Once you hit goal you then work the plans upwards to eating normally again to re-educate yourself about portion sizes etc. The people who skip this part tend to increase the risk of putting the weight back on.

Did you get your booklet? I'd have a thorough read from cover to cover and then maybe have a chat with your CDC again?

5. miss candi

miss candi Member

Start Weight:
    13st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.37%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    It did seem a bit to fast. Maybe im reading it wrong. :confused: To get into a healthy bmi i have a stone and a half to lose. But i do want to take it further and lose a stone more, maybe i added the extra stone to the plan by mistake. :(

5-6 weeks to lose a stone and a half sounds much better! :p The only reason my CDC advised me to work up to step 3 is because thats what she did then after she ate sensibly and managed to keep most of it off.

I dont really know much about the steps and i only have the sole source booklet.

Thanks for the advice everybody! Much appreciated!:D

6. Kes

Kes Gold Member

Start Weight:
    232lb
    Current Weight:
    179.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    140lb
    Lost(%):
    52.2lb(22.5%)
    Diet:
    was on Slim Fast but changed to Slimming world and Xenical
    Ask your cdc for the other booklets to. So you can prepare yourself in your mind what's to come....

Good luck

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.