My 6 year old daughter's thoughts

Mrs Depp

Gold Member
I've just been tidying around a little bit and found one of my daughter's songs.

I'd better explain that she's 6 and is always writing poems or songs in one of her notebooks (she's got about 15 on the go at any one time!) She uses a couple as her daily diaries and the others have all sorts of pictures etc in.

Anyway, she hates the fact that I have to work 3 nights a week, misses me like mad and makes me promise to phone her when I get my tea break! lol:D

I'm so proud of the fact that she's able to put her feelings down on paper at such a young age and just wanted to share this with anyone who reads this thread, even though it does bring a huge lump to my throat. I think it's unfinished.

Untitled - by Amy Rose

I'm at home
Can't you hear me shouting you name?
Can't you hear me shouting your name?

I'm at home
You're the one and I need you

I'm at home
Can't you hear me shouting your name?
Because I need you

You're the one

Oh bless her!!!

That's a very powerful, passionate piece of writing for such a tender age!!!

((HUGS)) Carol, you've got a very special little girl there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awww bless. Good she can get her feelings down on paper.

Oh bless her!!!

That's a very powerful, passionate piece of writing for such a tender age!!!

((HUGS)) Carol, you've got a very special little girl there!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Isobel!

I think she's pretty special too!:D I definitely think she's 'been here before'!:D

My son's the same (but not as often now he's a teen!)

I must admit that I love leaving them notes every now and then telling them how much I love them etc!

Awww bless. Good she can get her feelings down on paper.

Thanks Karion,

Sometimes when I get home from work there'll be a picture and a note on the porch floor from her - lovely! I try to keep everything she and her brother put down on paper but there's already 2 boxes full in the loft!:D

I've just re-read the poem and am struck at how it could be written by a grown woman, silently crying out in her head for the attention of a negligent male!! Or is that just me harking back to my days of unrequited lurve? lol

I love that you write to each other, Carol - that's so very special!!

xxxx

Very good would love to see more.

I don't think at that age I was capable of expressing my feelings...

Still working on it:rolleyes:

I've just re-read the poem and am struck at how it could be written by a grown woman, silently crying out in her head for the attention of a negligent male!! Or is that just me harking back to my days of unrequited lurve? lol

I love that you write to each other, Carol - that's so very special!!

xxxx

I was thinking along those lines too Isobel, or a negligent parent? Not that I think I'm negligent, I do sometimes feel guilty that I have to go to work but it helps me to keep reasonably sane as well as paying the bills! hehe!:D

Very good would love to see more.

I don't think at that age I was capable of expressing my feelings...

Still working on it:rolleyes:

Thanks Mini, she is a right little drama queen when she wants to be:rolleyes: :D My mum says she should be an actress!

I don't know where she gets it from, my mum says when I was growing up you'd never know I was in the room!:D

Bless her!
Made me quite sad - but in perspective she is professing her love for you!
What a lot of sentiment in her short poem - what talent too - does she have a drama class nearby to coax her natural abilities?

Bless her!
Made me quite sad - but in perspective she is professing her love for you!
What a lot of sentiment in her short poem - what talent too - does she have a drama class nearby to coax her natural abilities?

Thanks Nadine,:D

Yeah I know it's lovely really that she can say things like that to me. They're both very close to me (I suppose being a big softie I'm a lot more tactile than their dad is). Amy regularly gives me a kiss and says "Best mum":D And I always say "Best daughter" back to her hehe!

Drama class? I've never thought about it for her tbh, she's never indicated that she wants to do drama, maybe I'll ask her:)

Wow, and she is only 6? Writing is a great way of expressing your feelings, and at 6 years old she is already more fluent then some adults I know Angela x

Wow, and she is only 6? Writing is a great way of expressing your feelings, and at 6 years old she is already more fluent then some adults I know Angela x

Thanks Angela, yeah she's almost a better reader than her 13 yr old brother and seems to be able to spell better than him too:D Her teacher is very good at encouraging the children and Amy seems to be working through her reading books a lot faster than the other children.:D

I'm very very proud of her:) :D

So you should be!

Whatever the motivation behind her poem (and I'm SURE she doesn't view you as a neglectful parent!!!), she's got the gift of being able to articulate what she wants (or what she empathises someone else wants!) and that's fab!

As they say up here, shy bairns get nowt! lol

xxxxxxxxxx

So you should be!

Whatever the motivation behind her poem (and I'm SURE she doesn't view you as a neglectful parent!!!), she's got the gift of being able to articulate what she wants (or what she empathises someone else wants!) and that's fab!

As they say up here, shy bairns get nowt! lol

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Is, I know she doesn't think I neglect her, she tells me she misses me when I'm at work and sometimes gets the impulse to sniff my pillow - aahhh!:cry::)

She's definitely not shy, which I'm grateful for because I was and nearly always walked with my head down. I've made myself less shy (still working on the confidence thing tho!) as I've got older because I don't want it to rub off on my kids;)

Back