My 7 Week Challenge

OMG I love this diet :D

Day 3 was relatively successful. Had a slight slip up with one too many yoghurts, but I was really quite hungry yesterday even though I ate quite a bit. But it didn't damage me as I still lost 1lb woohoo!

So update - Monday = 12st 8.4lb
Thursday = 12st 3.8lb

My mum has also lost another 2lb bringing her total weight loss since Monday to 7lb. Household total = 12lb

Still can't quite believe it. Definitely keeping us motivated, but we are quite looking forward to introducing some veg!

You are doing really well and it must help that your mum is doing it too. When I started the diet my hubby lost weight as well, although he isn't doing the diet. He matched me lb for lb, the b******. It made him take a look at his eating and why. He has now lost 10lbs and I have lost 15lbs. We both look so much better for it too.

I too wondered why I had not discovered this diet earlier. Had seen it but dismissed it. Now I absolutely love it although keep catching myself in the mirror and being suprised. Still convinced the scales are just going to add a stone on and they were only tricking me. Need to get the head to catch up with the body. :)

Well done so far!!! Believe me, it does come off so keep at it. Try a SF jelly if you fancy something sweet in the evening - someone on here had the idea of using old mullerlight pots to put the jelly in which works really well. Fingers crossed for the PGCE!

It's strange that you should mention the PGCE - a letter arrived telling me I hadn't got in. I'm not too gutted if I'm honest; I'd moved on from the idea for this year anyway - it was just a random letter in the post from the uni inviting me for the interview and thought it would be stupid not to go. And it's never a bad thing to get some interview experience!

Poppy03 - I fear the scales going back up also. I've never lost 5lb in a week before. Minimins and all the stats stuff is definitely keeping me going though :)

Day 4 went well again. Stuck to the diet - who knew I could be so dedicated?!

Scales reflected my hard work again, but the weight loss is slowing down (as expected). Lost 0.8lb yesterday, and mum put on 1/2lb. I expect it's water.

Last day of Attack today, which I'm kind of glad about. It will be our first PV day tomorrow. It now gets tricky. We're going out today (first time) and so a little apprehensive about what food may appear at lunch time. My dad is out with us, and will no doubt scoff sandwiches, sausage rolls, cookies etc and will remain slim after it. No justice!

Will just need to remember that I've lost 5.5lb and that I don't want to undo all my hard work. I think we're going to take galettes with us, and nibble on them from our handbags. Lol.

As I thought might happen, my willpower went AWOL at lunch time and I caved when my eyes spied a chocolate chip cookie. But I don't regret it. It got rid of the chocolate wanting, and I've jumped straight back on the wagon, which i have to say is quite a surprise. Normally if either myself or mother cheated on a diet, we'd think to ourselves "well we've blown it for today. We'll start again tomorrow. Now, where are those maltesers?!"

But not today. We've both continued on our diet like nothing happened, and we intend to keep going. You never know, it might give our metabolisms a kick up the bum. So I have to say that although I cheated, I'm quite proud of myself that I haven't given up :)

oh dear, drink plenty of water, do a couple of strict pp days now and try to up the exercise.

oh - and don't let it happen again! ;)

Yesterday didn't go quite to plan as I had an encounter with a chocolate cookie. Although I didn't lose any weight yesterday, I didn't put on any either :D I've now finished attack and I'm moving onto Cruise. Went and bought the veggies yesterday.

Total Attack weight loss = 5.6lb

I'm intrigued to see what happens during Cruise. As the weight isn't going to fall off like it does during attack, I'm going to set myself some mini goals to keep me going. I'm currently 12st 3.0lb

Mini goal 1 - Get to 12st 1lb (169lb, below 170lb)
Mini goal 2 - Get to 11st 10lb (matches my last lowest weight)
Mini goal 3 - Get to 11st 8lb - Lost 1 stone

I think that will do for now. Don't want to put too much pressure on myself!

Last edited:
I haven't done an update for a couple of days because I've got an essay due. Eugh!

Cruising along quite nicely. Had a street BBQ on Sat, so may have strayed a little :sigh: which resulted in an 8oz gain. However, I'm back on track and since then have lost 1lb (went upto 3.8lb, just in case you don't think I can count lol).

Mum has also lost a little more weight, so collectively we've now lost 1 stone exactly! In 8 days!!

I'm only 1lb away from reaching my first mini goal of a half stone loss. Can't quite believe it to be honest! Not that I'm complaining.

Anyway, I suppose I should get back to doing my essay. I just need to remember I have 3 more to go and 1 exam and then I'll have my MSc.

Must. Keep. Going.

fantastic that you're so close to getting your masters csl, it probably seems like a slog now, but it'll be worth it in the end. just think how slinky you'll look come graduation too!

Yesterday went relatively well - didn't slip anywhere.

Struggling to lose weight this week, but its because it's almost lady time. Eugh! So, although I haven't cheated, I'm going to stop weighing myself until after it's been and gone - otherwise my motivation is going to abandon me big style!

On the plus side, I put some clean jeans on today and they are considerably looser :D I have to wear a belt as they're too big around the waist. Woohoo!

I really need to get back to this essay. But the words will not come :(

Apologies for the lack of updates - i know how much you all like to read my diary :p lol.

The reason I have been AWOL is because I came off the Dukan diet for a week. I had a terrible week of PMS, and then on my first day of TOTM, I was ridiculously depressed. So I had to resort to chocolate... and obviously as I hadn't eaten in a while, it was almost like a drug effect. I felt SO much better after it. Something to watch out for perhaps??

Anyways, I've been back on the diet (attack) for 2 days and I've lost 1lb. Nowhere nearly as dramatic as the first time around. Slightly disheartened, I won't lie. But I'll keep going. It's only 1lb to go and then I'm back to where I was before I took my week off.

I'm very grateful that I only put on 2lb. For the amount I ate, I'm surprised it wasn't 7lb!

Anybody else's hormones got out of control during PMS/TOTM??

To clarify, the only drug I've ever taken is alcohol lol. Oh and also chocolate :p

Apologies for the lack of updates - i know how much you all like to read my diary :p lol.

The reason I have been AWOL is because I came off the Dukan diet for a week. I had a terrible week of PMS, and then on my first day of TOTM, I was ridiculously depressed. So I had to resort to chocolate... and obviously as I hadn't eaten in a while, it was almost like a drug effect. I felt SO much better after it. Something to watch out for perhaps??

Anyways, I've been back on the diet (attack) for 2 days and I've lost 1lb. Nowhere nearly as dramatic as the first time around. Slightly disheartened, I won't lie. But I'll keep going. It's only 1lb to go and then I'm back to where I was before I took my week off.

I'm very grateful that I only put on 2lb. For the amount I ate, I'm surprised it wasn't 7lb!

Anybody else's hormones got out of control during PMS/TOTM??

Well done for getting back on track and thats brill that you only put 2lb back on! I am terrible around PMT time, I cannot stop eating and my face erupts in to a mass field of spots around the chin area lol! I could eat a whole chocolate shop, McDonalds would go out of business and the local Chinese would need extra orders just to keep me going. That bad lol! Strangely I have irregular periods, so I have not had one for about 4 or 5 months but when it comes round again I will struggle, guaranteed!

Congrats on your weight loss so far and good luck with your continuation :) xx

Back