My Atkins Journey and diary

julz4gbr

want to mini
HI everyone,
As suggested by Jim I am writing a daily diary so that i can get some advice and hints from you vetran atkins peeps.
I will start with a wee bit of boring stuff then will get on with the diary part tonight when I get in.
Anyhoo!!
Started atkins on the 19th jan 2011 and actually dont feel hungry at all:DSadly my weight has gone up 2lbs:mad: and I am very confused:( as to why as, I feel that I have actually followed it properly.
My daily menu is posted in the `What are you eating today thread`.
I did Lipotrim for three months 2 years ago to get rid of the bulk of my weight, which I did easily, then went to cambridge and have really yo yo`d up and down on that one.
I just love the food to much as does most people, that I just couldnt be bothered with shakes and soups everyday anymore.

I am currently a sales rep for santoro london selling cards and gifts all over scotland. If youve seen the Gorjuss girls then thats what I sell amoung other things. So the bulk of my weight went on when I started this job.

I am so hoping that things will turn around and the weight will start to go down as I am enjoying eating all this lovely food to much to say sod it, its not working for me.

Anyway enough of me going on and on, hope you can help keep me on the straight and narrow.
Talk to you all soon.
julz

Morning Julz. :)

Hi Honey :) going to have a look at what you are eating and comment hon - maybe post your menus on here too?

Hi Julz :D

Hi.
My menu plan today is
B 2slices of mim toasted with 3 rashers of bacon and a fried egg and mushrooms.
L so far 1 babybel
D ham i think as going to mums
W lots
E no
A no
My problem is being eating at lunchtime as i can be with a customer at 12pm for ages then i feel its to late to eat a proper lunch so end up waiting till dinner, just like today.
Anyway signing out as at my next call.
Will write later on.
J
X

Julz did you see Vicky's comment that you can't have Tomato's on induction?

Jim said:
Julz did you see Vicky's comment that you can't have Tomato's on induction?

No i didnt. Oops.

Hi Julz and congrats on starting your diary.

Re lunchtimes, I can see how that would be difficult, what about having the Mim at lunch with salad and cheese?

Hi Julz. Youre gaining because youve come from a vlcd. You cant just jump straight from vlcding to any way of eating without a gain until you have done a refeed. I did do a very basic refeed but still managed to gain 3lbs in 3 weeks. Once your body adjusts to eating real food again the weight will start going the other way.

To be honest today is the first day i didnt take anything out with me and the fear is getting back into the habit of not eating during the day. I did have 2 babybel then went had the rest of my mim with chicken.
Not a bad day today. Just had my ham with carrots, broccoli and cauli and a poached egg. Stuffed
Loving this website, everyone is great and supportive.
X

JoanneM said:
Hi Julz. Youre gaining because youve come from a vlcd. You cant just jump straight from vlcding to any way of eating without a gain until you have done a refeed. I did do a very basic refeed but still managed to gain 3lbs in 3 weeks. Once your body adjusts to eating real food again the weight will start going the other way.

Thx joanne,
My mum and me have just been discussing this issue and i totally agree with you, as my body just doesnt know what its doing.
Glad all you guys are here to keep me right.
By the way where are you in the country?

Ah glasgow, a favourite selling place for me. Was there this week.

Its been gentrified Susie? Lol!

Its not a place I spend a lot of time to be honest Julz. I tend to stick with towns rather than cities for some reason. Think Glasgow is just too busy.

Have to agree. I wouldnt go shopping there if given a choice. Tend to goto the west end and park outside the shops if i can. Very lazy when doing my job.thankfully only have 2 to visit in the centre the rest are all on the out skirts. Best shop is in cumbernauld.

Cumbernauld is a horrible place to get to if you dont drive. I used to live in the West End so know it relatively well.

Back